It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be a 10 second Rule for Twitter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
There's a lot of pissed off people on Twitter regarding Trump and Rosanne Tweets. Seeing as we're all Humanly flawed to some extent, we all tend to over judge others to the point of drawing swords over these so called freedom of speech 'posts'.

Number 1. Freedom of Speech is a Human Right, however, time and time again, all i'm seeing are pitchforks and mayhem over it to the point where people are losing their Careers and Homes because of it. Clearly something's amiss.

Number 2. I believe like food falling onto the floor (5-7 second rule) and Sports with their (10 second ruling), there should be a 10-20 second rule for people who tweet only to delete them later. Everyone changes their minds when they say dumb sh't, it happens all the time here, so why not there?

Number 3. With a 10-20 second rule for saying things on places like Twitter, Facebook, and the like.. only to change your mind simultaneously for a variety of reasons, ex. drinking too much, mj, anger etc.

Should People give each other a break over things they say or should they shun them endlessly for a passing thought that they might have had at the time?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Everyone is guilty of saying stupid *#)) from time to time.

I'm not sure where we judge humans off of knee jerk reactions.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If we were like, Robots it wouldn't be an issue, but people tend to be viperous when they disagree. It's Unfortunate, could you imagine if technology existed during the reign of Nero? Half the city would be killed, extradited, shamed or chased out of the city for a 'passing thought'.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
all rivers flow to the ocean, it is like mans thoughts, they only end up into an ocean of thoughts and nothing more

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
all rivers flow to the ocean, it is like mans thoughts, they only end up into an ocean of thoughts and nothing more

To reasonable people like us, but try telling that to the Millenial Gen.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I M R uh milleneel!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Then you were born in the wrong era, in which case, you get a 'free of charge' X Gen Freedom trading card, which will free you and your entire family from the demented stages of #destrutology 101 Room 10 pier 16. You are now a Free Human Being. Congratulations!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Why a ten "second rule"? If you cannot control yourself and think about the consequences of your actions, then you should not use Twitter.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

originally posted by: musicismagic

To reasonable people like us, but try telling that to the Millenial Gen.

In response to the OP: wouldnt it be a LOT easier to just learn to control yourself and your feelings??

So youre saying the millenials havent been tought to control their feelings? Well, maybe it isnt the millenials that is the F up generation then, maybe its the one before, you know those guys who was supposed to teach their kids stuff, but totally failed!

Anyways, back to the point - lets just start teaching our kids stuff again, and then it wont be necessary with rules to combat idiocy...

edit on 5-7-2018 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I just wish people didnt put so much stock in social media posts. You cannot see the state of the person, you have 0 context to go on when reading plain text.

I dip in and out of twitter because I find it is truly the worst of humanity in one place that is even compared to reddit.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I've got a better idea.

How about we just eliminate Twitter altogether?

...and FAILbook
...and insta-ME
...and every other trendy little social app which promotes this toxic narcissistic society we live in today.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That would be the conundrum. How do you get rid of it?

I highly doubt millions of people would all of a sudden become self aware.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
There shoukd be a 10 seconds rule for people!
People should be forced to really think about what they are going to do, at least for 10 seconds, before they subscribe to data leeches like Twitter, Facebook and Co!

Problem solved, "social media" would be history in almost no time!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I've got a better idea.

How about we just eliminate Twitter altogether?

...and FAILbook
...and insta-ME
...and every other trendy little social app which promotes this toxic narcissistic society we live in today.

Surely then get rid of all types of social interaction on the internet as any could be a breeding ground for this toxic behaviour, which unfortunately would lead to sites like ATS being shut off.

If you got rid of social media but kept forums, it would only be a matter of time before each and every board is infected. Best to keep the social media accounts active to keep sites like this clean.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
On a final note..
dp

edit on 9-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
On a final note..

Controlled Social Media will be the Death of Us All. I'm talking about FB and crap like that.

new topics

top topics

join