It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK tax payer to cover the £5million cost to police Scotland for Donald's golf trip

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry mate , I know you can read and write and understand English !
So i'm failing to see how you are missing my point , the point being , we are spending money on security for a golf holiday
when people are suffering

and its not Scotland , we are devolved and cant afford to pay for this , hence why HM treasury have just said they will cover the cost, even though the country is under austerity!

the issue is with the conservative government !

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Exactly NEO it has no real benefit to the UK

save only for the policemen and women who will get extra hours for working security for Donald !

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: rollanotherone

Why I dont have a problem with countries supporting each other with aid , but I have a problem when foreign diplomats can just waltz in and a country under austerity has to pay for it

its #ing decadence , donald flying to Scotland to play golf , we have to pay for it , we should tell him NO

In one breath you're saying you don't mind foreign aid and in the same breath you're saying those same countries shouldn't be allowed security. Man, TDS has got you shook bruh.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Actually it does to those that work at the golf course.

And security details.

Even more if Trump doesn't die and in retaliation we'd bring freedom and democracy to Scotland.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The EU is such a strong union. Why would Scotland suffer when they have such an amazingly strong union to help support them? I wonder...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

we'd bring freedom and democracy to Scotland.

Do they still have oil?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Yep.

BP.

BRITISH PETRO.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Oh sorry triggered hahahah nah i was born in 82 , I dont need to cry in a booth when the wind changes !

normally I dont really care , but since its Scotland , i;m an environmentalist , I dislike trump cus he is a #
he loves buying up natural land in scotland and converting it into golf courses for his corporate buddies
I think I can safely say that im entitled to have a dig at our government for it !

I vote , I pay taxes , so yeh just exercising my right to crticise the establishment and their # show of a job running the nation!

Also its the same government who have frozen my salary for a decade!
so yeh I am a bit pissed off

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

if william wallace and big Rab Bruce cannae bring Freedom to Scotland , then you've nae a chance in hell ! hahha

as for the democracy Id like that , because we currently dont have one!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Then freedom and democracy it is

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

How can the conservative government justify spending this from the treasury when the NHS is on its knees

It's like I say, conservative or labour or lib dems or any other party for that matter, they're all the same and will always find the money when it is needed.

Can't find money for

* The NHS
* The Poor
* The Disabled
* The Dying

But as soon as money is needed to bomb Syria it can be found, soon as money is needed to fund their own agendas money is found.

It's like the say the world is trillions of pounds in debt, but to who?

Money and legal tender is a man made thing, I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying the money is there when the government want it to be there.

No doubt May can do a few more arms deals with the Saudi's to fund this Trump visit...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Aye I wonder that as well !

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
When Trump trip to england, looks like a good idea to more people and then they go and spend their money in England. When people want to go golfing where he golfs, it brings in more money to the country

This is the problem when people just react to their emotions(especially all the hate at Trump) instead of logic

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I have no problem with foreign aid as its a socially beneficial ideal one which the whole world can get into!
No what Im saying is foreign diplomats who want to travel on holiday for "fun" or "golf"
should be paying for their own security, just because you are the president doesnt mean you should get a free ride , especially when you can afford it yourself!

I mean Donald trump is worth 3.1 billion dollars right, so why the # are we paying for his holiday expenses ?
as a president , he should maybe consider the expense on the people of the Scotland!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

how will trump playing golf here generate money for scotland, have you checked opinion polls , we hate him!

only folk going to see him play are folk wanting to throw bricks at his ugly puss!

Also newsflash , GOLF was cool as # , before trump existed you know we kind of invented it making it popular in Scotland for decades before he was even born , its already a prime spot for world golf !

Trump doesnt boost our tourism , Scotland doesn not like trump!
edit on 4-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It seems from my view, you're a 35 year old idealist who suffers from TDS, among other things. Well, I guess once you realize you're not special and your vote doesn't mean jack squat in the grand scheme, you can see the reality of the current word Just be happy you have what you do have. If you don't like it, come over here to the US. We'd love to have ya.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: SocratesJohnson

how will trump playing golf here generate money for scotland, have you checked opinion polls , we hate him!

only folk going to see him play are folk wanting to throw bricks at his ugly puss!

So the brick lobby is behind this whole thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

if william wallace and big Rab Bruce cannae bring Freedom to Scotland , then you've nae a chance in hell ! hahha

as for the democracy Id like that , because we currently dont have one!

Be careful of our version of "freedom and democracy". Just ask the people of Iraq.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

what is TDS ? never heard of it I dont read the news or watch news on tv ?

Sorry mate , I am fully aware my life is irelevant as is my vote , but your saying that me passing on my opinion to others wont have an affect on the world ?
consciousness manifests reality or so it appears, Im just starting the wave , that will eventually mean donald trumps golf courses close in scotland !

it will happen !

either that or someone flies over all his courses in a prop plane and defoliates all the greens

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

hhahaha !

aye I protested that , the government didnt listen , im fully aware we the people are ignored !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join