It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a Walmart boycott a sign of civil unrest ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
American retail giants Walmart have come under fire from certain sections of US consumers after a new addition was made to their online apparel department.

A line of t shirts and baby onsies in stock with the decal " Impeach 45 " have gone on sale, amid some early signs of outrage among Trump supporters. With a new # boycottWalmart now spreading throughout Twitter...there are a number of life long Walmart shoppers within Trump's base now vowing never to shop at Walmart again.

It makes you wonder...a couple of things really.

Where are Trump's base going to shop now ?
Is Sam Walton spinning in his grave?

Is no shirt...no shoes...no service true for Walmart customers ?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Not worth worrying about. Chick-fil-a didn't go under because of the anti-Christian movement. WalMart won;t lose a dime over this. People do what they can to express themselves and their opinions, even though none of them really matter. Meh?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I guess they will shop at Target? No, the boycott is not a sign of civil unrest but another sign that this division along party lines is getting worse by the day or week. It does have the potential to cause civil unrest if things keep going the way they are. I do find it despicable that Walmart would even allow these kinds of things to be sold or let alone be approved. I hope this does get removed along with all the rest of this political vitriol.

People really need to grow up and stop acting "do or die" with the right and left.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Good luck. They're like Disney and McDonalds. Unbeatable.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat
A non-violent boycott is not.
Perhaps, though, it serves as a warning that boycotting only really works as a weapon used by a majority against a small minority.
When two groups have a near-equal share of the population, boycotts can be reciprocated.
Anti-Trump boycotts can be matched by pro-Trump boycotts, and vice-versa.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I like Wal-mart, but I do most of my shopping online these days. I would rather shop in the convenience of my home than go out and deal with people.

I do think it is a poor decision for Wal-mart to sell these shirts. I wouldn’t allow anything political in my business these days.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
People are free to express their opinion. This won't end well

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It's a shirt.

Who cares.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I question the sanity of anyone who would dress their baby in that.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I have been boycotting Walmart for years due to there way they treat employees and ruining small businesses and not having to pay property taxes thanks to deal they have made with the gubment. Also I prefer to buy American.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Liberals think their too good for Walmart and Republicans could give a crap. Next time I'm at Walmart ( buying up loads & loads of ammunition) I'm gonna buy one of these and put it in my bug out bag as emergency arse wipe.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I’m pretty sure around these parts and up in Bentonvile dem’s serious fightin’ words! Why not boycott Amazon? I don’t see (some) of the massive hate on Wally World it’s not my favorite place but it’s pretty well too far dug in at this point.

ETA- Is it one of the small sellers that can put up products via the Walmart online site? If so who cares? Even if Walmart knew of it I doubt they’d lift a finger.
edit on 7/3/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is just another example of the overabundance of rage from leftists we have corporations trying to capitalize on it. Sadly American consumers are about as stupid as American voters. Asked a dude in a "**** Trump" shirt the other day if he could give an example of how Trump has affected his life in a negative way. He just said "Yo **** that racist piece of ****!" laughed and walked off. Perfect example of the cognitive dissonance displayed by people.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Walmart is just catering to their largest demographic.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I second Clint Eastwood's reaction to those pictures...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think they should take their own advice, and stop being so snowflakey.

It's a shirt.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

It's a shirt.

Exactly. It's only a shirt. What harm could a shirt do to a multi-billion dollar company? Nothing? We shall see.
Walmart doesn't need to cater to these low life scum Trump supporters. We need to impeach 45 because liberals say so. Harass, intimidate and provide the material to show how much you hate Trump and the current admin.

We need to revolt. We need Trump removed! This is ok and acceptable. YES!

I guess you don't get how where this is going. That's ok. It is just a shirt and not only a subliminal message to engage the masses to be more unruly and more provocative. No. Not at all

#RESIST
edit on 3-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Walmart shoppers within Trump's base now vowing never to shop at Walmart again.

I don't think trumps base makes up enough people for walmart to even care.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Boycotting Walmart is RACIST!

With all that Chinese slave labor. Why what ever they going to do now?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

originally posted by: Jefferton

It's a shirt.

Exactly. It's only a shirt. What harm could a shirt do to a multi-billion dollar company? Nothing? We shall see.
Walmart doesn't need to cater to these low life scum Trump supporters. We need to impeach 45 because liberals say so. Harass, intimidate and provide the material to show how much you hate Trump and the current admin.

We need to revolt. We need Trump removed! This is ok and acceptable. YES!

I guess you don't get how where this is going. That's ok. It is just a shirt and not only a subliminal message to engage the masses to be more unruly and more provocative. No. Not at all

#RESIST

Very over-dramatic. If someone wants to buy it, they can. If someone doesn't, they won't.
Not everything is a war.

But have fun resisting whatever fictional battle you've created.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join