It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Game Hunter Kills Giraffe and Sparks Controversy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Gargoyle91

This thread gives me a strange urge to go club baby seals and make seat covers for my car.

Ok Josh.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The seal hunt is another issue where people get bent without knowing the facts. They are sea rabbits. They need to be culled or they will decimate fish stocks. So everyone is supposed to pay a #load more for diminishing fish so those cute little animals can swim freely? Then die of starvation because they ate all the fish.

Moral outrage without facts is a petty thing.

(post by worldstarcountry removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Maybe if I was doing it with a spear or knife.

I have never had fun shooting an animal that doesn't even know I am there.

The gun takes all the sport out of it.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The giraffe was old. The harvest provided half a ton of meat and was a conservation effort organised with the local government. I'm sure the huntress also paid a hefty sum for the opportunity.

However.............

How hard can it be to hunt a funk!n giraffe that stands out amongst other giraffes!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I hunt and feel no pleasure from the kill.

Some of us humans have changed.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The seal hunt is another issue where people get bent without knowing the facts. They are sea rabbits. They need to be culled or they will decimate fish stocks. So everyone is supposed to pay a #load more for diminishing fish so those cute little animals can swim freely? Then die of starvation because they ate all the fish.

Moral outrage without facts is a petty thing.

Lol this I'm aware of...... The problem is we have a huge disconnect between people who only buy their food.... And others who buy AND hunt, and actually know what it takes for conservation and how it works....

A battle of "ignorance " vs involvement if you will

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The thrill is in the hunt and later the meal.

The honor is in the kill.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They do eat it game wardens make sue of it. The other thing is this that giraffe was dead either way. Either the game wardens would have done it or a hunter. I figure might as well make money on the deal if the outcome is the same. now where I think is strange is when you go hunting there is no guarantee of being successful. But the way they do it would remove the whole challenge the Rangers find the animal then get the hunter there and set up the shot. Really is no sport in this at all, which is why I cant understand why people pay for it?

link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

How informed are you on the migratory grazers of Africa, and how much food and other property gets trampled by them while they go about their day?

How much do you know about the investments into Africa that are driving population booms? I mean...shipping in food only allows population to grow no matter what species we are talking. Humans...no different.

You are giving the most craptastic solutions I have ever seen, completely blind to the real world and deaf to the issues its creating.

Side note: humans are omnivorous scavengers. Meaning we eat rotten meats and vegetables. Since we don't like the smell of rot, we help the process by cooking. But at the end, we are scavengers that are intended to eat both meats and veggies. So long as a killed animal is eaten, i have no issue.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI
How hard can it be to hunt a funk!n giraffe that stands out amongst other giraffes!!!!

You have to adjust for the wind.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I hunt and feel no pleasure from the kill.

Some of us humans have changed.

I get pleasure and pride from every kill.... I worked for it.....

And contrary to popular belief (I'm half comanche) so did native Americans....... We have always honored the hunt...

Much like most avid hunters......

Any "hunter" who says dif is lying about being a hunter or they wouldn't do it
edit on 7/3/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Meat is meat.

They can't grow food where they live, they have no super market.
What animal would you be ok with these village people hunting if not a Giraffe?

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

there's a difference between killing for fun and killing for needs.

i saw where it says 2k lbs of meat went to a village, but I question that. i can't take it at face value like you can.
as im certain, South Africa is not in dire need of giraffe meat as the most lucrative country in Africa, and and if South Africa wanted to eat giraffe meat, they are more than capable of doing it for themselves and could distinguish from a rare or just old giraffe.

you just buy what you read because of political reasons...
edit on 3-7-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

link   

Theirnecks are really bendy..... One crosswind and you've shot a rhino..... Gotta be meticulous

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

But a fisherman holding up his catch is ok? A deer hunter posing with a buck ok?

As a hunter myself I can say that doing this is both childish and silly. They might as well curtsy.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I'd be more concerned with the elevation!

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Edumakated

But a fisherman holding up his catch is ok? A deer hunter posing with a buck ok?

As a hunter myself I can say that doing this is both childish and silly. They might as well curtsy.

Yep call bs on you being a hunter or outdoorsman

Do you hunt deer year round or?
edit on 7/3/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
Guns s make it easy to recover as much pelt for furniture as possible. The meat going g to locals is the bonus. I wasnt to add this giraffe to my collection , right there with my zebra rug and 101 dalmations fur coat. Ok, there is no dalmatian coat. But I did import the zebra rug from a south African vendor on eBay. Well actually he is in Florida, a d he imports his stuff from SA.

I don't have the means to go there myself, so I rely on the services of those who do hunt on the continent to get my exotic home Decorations. I have springbok and blue Wildebeest skulls starting my wall of skulls collection. The internet is not what it used to be though so I have yet to find another human skull to replace the one I found on eBay that we accidentally broke during a house party when. My parents were out of town in high school 2002. Remember when you could purchase human remains on eBay for cheap?? Oh the good ol days.
edit on 7-3-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

"Nothing will benefit health or increase chances of survival on earth as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." Albert Einstein

I guess einstein had no idea about the damage that growing crops does to the land.

If all 7 billion of us went vegetarian we would destroy our environment trying to feed ourselves.

Now if tech can be invented that can take a small building and grow enough vegetables to feed and keep all of us healthy, I would become a vegetarian today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join