It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s week of faulty claims: MS-13, Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Kharron

How does not-for-profit imply legitimacy?

And what about AP is not legitimate? Let's start there.

I brought forward a list of things AP fact checked. To keep this thread on topic, we can discuss those things... OR if someone thinks that AP is not legitimate or that those facts are not accurate, they can provide proof to support either of those claims.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Derail much?

here's an example.. I sourced the FBI.gov info and it seems to tell a different story than the AP and you only respond to the responses that you think are derailing your thread topic

so... who's derailing the thread?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is why someone like Trump being president is better than someone like Obama. The A.P. isn't going to take Obama to task for lies 10x as heinous.

Also, the Russia thing is beyond stupid at this point. You know damn well that the narrative has been manipulated to the point where if Trump simply acknowledged that Russia meddled in the election process, as they did and always have for my entire lifetime, then this same press entity will jump all over his words and twist them to mean that he admitted to directly colluding with Russia to undermine democracy in the United States.

They've set him up for a straw man argument to where he has nothing to lose by continuing to not acknowledge the situation with Russia and everything to lose if he simply acknowledges the truth about the situation. And thus, actually puts the security of the midterms at greater risk as a result. So basically it is both the press and Trump colluding to continue to unwittingly undermine the security of the midterms. Many thanks, nob heads.

As far as the MS-13 thing goes, Trump is basically playing on fears and emotions to get what he believes is best. Not any different then what the other side and media have done with the manipulation of the facts on the situation at the border. Something that this very same press identity was complicit in. Yet we are supposed to take their word as gospel on the end on the matter. Wow...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I hope they start fact checking themselves as they have had to issue a lot of retraction over the past two years. They at one time were one of the most respected news organizations in the business but not anymore.

People forget that our news organizations have not changed, what has changed is how information is distributed. It is instant now with cell phones and tweeter and Facebook.

No more can the press hide from the public that the President was in a wheel chair. No more can they all agree to not discuss how the President was a womanizer. No more can they hide the fact the director of the FBI enjoyed cross dressing and blackmailed everyone.

All that took place before 1970, imagine today just what the "unbiased" organization is hiding today. The AP was instrumental in hiding all of those stories and I am sure many we don't know from the public. They have an agenda and it has nothing to do with informing the public of the truth about anything

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Derail much?

here's an example.. I sourced the FBI.gov info and it seems to tell a different story than the AP and you only respond to the responses that you think are derailing your thread topic

so... who's derailing the thread?

I didn't reply to it because it's from January of 2008. Sorry I didn't reply, I'm preparing a BBQ and replying as I can.

If you provide something recent to contradict the information in the OP, I will reply I promise.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

How thoughtful of them to do my thinking for me, this will leave me even more time to watch television programs designed to normalize and rationalize the coming fascist police state!

At this point, I'm not even sure the proletariats are capable of any meaningful resistance anymore. Too busy hating each other and not the corrupt system that has enslaved them.

Based on your posting history Zombie, I doubt you even read what you say they want you to read.

Besides, nobody is forcing opinions onto you, that's why facts are a good thing. If we all focused on them there would be less chance for any side to mislead us. Any side.

Facts are indeed a good thing. Too bad that every single major media outlet, AP included, all work from a similar script. It is handed to them by their representatives in the Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, and Bilderberg group, filtered through whichever partisan lense they affiliate with, and disseminated among the viewer base as unquestioned fact. If somebody decides to report on the truth, like Ben Swann, they are ruthlessly targeted by TPTB. Many times they are killed or disappear completely, never to be found.

Instead of getting hung up on things like whether or not MS-13 is growing faster than before, AP should be pointing out the disgusting ties that the gang has to politicians and human trafficking rings, and yes I mean the current administration as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Do you have some more current FBI statistics?
That might be more helpful than something more than 10 years old.

edit on 7/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

How thoughtful of them to do my thinking for me, this will leave me even more time to watch television programs designed to normalize and rationalize the coming fascist police state!

At this point, I'm not even sure the proletariats are capable of any meaningful resistance anymore. Too busy hating each other and not the corrupt system that has enslaved them.

Based on your posting history Zombie, I doubt you even read what you say they want you to read.

Besides, nobody is forcing opinions onto you, that's why facts are a good thing. If we all focused on them there would be less chance for any side to mislead us. Any side.

Facts are indeed a good thing. Too bad that every single major media outlet, AP included, all work from a similar script. It is handed to them by their representatives in the Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, and Bilderberg group, filtered through whichever partisan lense they affiliate with, and disseminated among the viewer base as unquestioned fact. If somebody decides to report on the truth, like Ben Swann, they are ruthlessly targeted by TPTB. Many times they are killed or disappear completely, never to be found.

Instead of getting hung up on things like whether or not MS-13 is growing faster than before, AP should be pointing out the disgusting ties that the gang has to politicians and human trafficking rings, and yes I mean the current administration as well.

I believe in all those things too. Check my posting history and you will see that.

However, AP is instant news posted to one central hub, viewed by all. It is fact checked and forwarded. The news could come from a small agency in some village in Afghanistan, satellite radioing it in, or a completely different news agency in Australia or a local affiliate in the USA covering a shooting, first hand. Direct news visible to all. Before the spin.

Let's focus back on the 8 fact checked things in the OP and see if we can disprove them.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

FBI.gov

The Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) and 18th Street gangs continue to expand their influence in the United States. FBI investigations reveal these transnational gangs are present in almost every state and continue to grow their memberships, now targeting younger recruits more than ever before. To counteract this growth, the Transnational Anti-Gang (TAG) Task Force initiative. TAG Task Forces are currently located in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras.

looks like they have expanded from 33 states (2008) to every state (2015)

FBI.gov

Street gangs continue to affect communities across the United States and show no signs of decreasing memberships or a decline in criminal activity. According to the FBI’s 2015 National Gang Report, street gang membership increased in approximately 49% of jurisdictions from 2013-2015.

While MS-13 is not the largest street gang in the United States, it is increasingly the most violent and well-organized. Their leadership is based in El Salvador and Honduras, but we believe there could be up to 10,000 members currently living in the United States, primarily immigrants from Central America.

But since Trump said it, MS-13 are good people, we need more people like them here.

Fricken ridiculous. Maybe the AP sourced CNN for it's "fact checking", that last article is from June, 2017 btw
edit on 1-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Geeze another liberal trying to sneak one by,looks like a quote from CNN,your supposed fact check

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Your source:

but we believe there could be up to 10,000 members currently living in the United States, primarily immigrants from Central America.

The AP:

The group is unquestionably violent but its overall numbers are somewhat limited. The Justice Department has said there are about 10,000 MS-13 members in the U.S., the same number as more than a decade ago. MS-13 accounts for less than 1 percent of total U.S. gang membership.

Your 10 year old source:

MS-13 operates in at least 42 states and the District of Columbia and has about 6,000-10,000 members nationwide.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

If AP is non bias you should easily be able to find a positive story about the POTUS . Published by AP.

Ill wait lol.

Forever

link   
a reply to: Phage

so there's no surge? so what??

big #ing deal

link   
What I find interesting is that no other president was submitted to this weekly fact check.

All of our presidents have lied, obfuscated, and ommited.

Yet, not one of them was subjected to this sort of treatment.

It's personal against Trump.

You know it and I know it.

This is not news it's an attack.

That's why it's poorly received and untrustworthy.

Trump makes a typo (covefefe) and it's front page news with you clowns.

That's why when you repeatedly come up with this nonsense nobody wants to hear the pewling whines.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Fair enough. Cheers.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

As Phage pointed out before me, the government statistics in your FBI link and what AP claims match.

Should we take the rest of them as accurate or should we go through them one by one? I have some time for about an hour before I have to start grilling all these good eatings.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

What I find interesting is that no other president was submitted to this weekly fact check.
I think it has something to do with the fact that he lies on an ongoing basis, like no one has ever seen, so there is plenty to check on.

However:
Obama Fact Checks

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

If AP is non bias you should easily be able to find a positive story about the POTUS . Published by AP.

Ill wait lol.

Forever

How about this?

Because we may have a differing opinion on what is good and what is not, tell me a fact about his presidency and I'll find where they reported on it.

Sound good?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

10,000 MS-13 is 9,999 too many.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

they have expanded operations from 33 to 50 states and you don't see that as a problem?

are you really doxxing the president for having an anti gang stance?

omg will you anti Trumpers crawl back into the same hole the Tea Party crawled into?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join