It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant Manager Sacked After Refusing to Serve Customer in MAGA Hat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My sources tell me that it was really because he used a salad fork to eat his entrée.

I heard his entrée was a Rodham and cheese and a Coke made with Kaine sugar.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sounds legit.

Bit harsh to ask him not to wear his hat though, don't you think?

He was using his hat as a soup spoon.

The manager was legally within his rights to shoot him.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My sources tell me that it was really because he used a salad fork to eat his entrée.

They were out of freshly clubbed baby seal.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I heard his entrée was a Rodham and cheese...

The ones at the ballpark are quite delicious.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
Business owners have the right to refuse service to whoever they want to.
Not sure how why this is a problem?

I also side with the business owner that refused to make a cake for a gay wedding.

Freedom is a wonderful thing.

Anti discrimination laws in Canada say you can't discriminate on basis of religion, politics, gender, sexual orientation, race, etc etc etc....

Service can be refused for no shirt, or no shoes, or if someone is causing a scene.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

They were out of freshly clubbed baby seal.

Baby seal really doesn't keep well.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: jacobe001
Business owners have the right to refuse service to whoever they want to.
Not sure how why this is a problem?

I also side with the business owner that refused to make a cake for a gay wedding.

Freedom is a wonderful thing.

Anti discrimination laws in Canada say you can't discriminate on basis of religion, politics, gender, sexual orientation, race, etc etc etc....

And you better have a damn good LEGAL reason for doing so. No one wants to deal with the Human Rights Tribunal. Dey be nasty.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Refusing service for this reason barring a dress code violation is just stupid. I guess in a day and age where commercials are built to annoy you for the purpose of drilling the name and logo into your brain this type of negative marketing might make sense to some. Maybe there is still some of that resistance money floating around that can help.him from drowning in his own intolerance.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This happened in Canada. If I was Canadian I’d be angry at all you yanks bringing your dirty politics up here to gods country.

So I stand with the manager.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

People need to leave their personal beliefs out of the work place!

I mean if a hat offends you you got bigger problems.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

My grandma once explained to me (not in uncertain terms), that wearing your hat inside a building would be an absolute no-go and pointless.

I've learned it the hard way without any pudding after dinner. And I think she should go on a grand tour in the US in order to educate the morons on some basic manners.

Absolutely no regrets. You will regret to meet my grandma on the wrong foot though...

#MindTheHat
edit on 30-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In land of Capitalism;

Customer is ALWAYS right, even when they are wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Allaroundyou

That doesn't make sense. Why is the guy hiring him dumb? A persons political beliefs is almost on the level of your religous ones and is simply not asked or implied of.

I'm sure nothing ever indicated there was any kind of perceived political aggression from this employee and why should it?

This story is really about TDS. Yes, I know, but it really brings to mind seemingly nice and respectful individuals suddenly turning venomous and acting out of spite from a political stance. Not good at all and if you're acting like that, you're sick.

Yes, any individual that seeks to remove a patron as a result of political afiliation is sick. The only way they could pull it off is if they simply don't make a political scene out of it, like coming up with some fake charge to remove them.

Like I said, stupid is as stupid does.

It’s not stupid in any way. If the hiring manager is dumb then chances are they will hire dumb people. Having a brain that can operate cognitively should allow you to weed out the bad apples. Yes it does take time to gain the ability to read people but only a small amount of time. I made mistakes when I first started hiring people but after 6 months I have not made to my knowledge a bad hiring decision. And that 6 months was years ago.
If you or anyone was to make the same mistake in judging character in the people you hire then I would fire you with no remorse.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

My grandma once explained to me (not in uncertain terms), that wearing your hat inside a building would be an absolute no-go and pointless.

I've learned it the hard way without any pudding after dinner. And I think she should go on a grand tour in the US in order to educate the morons on some basic manners.

Absolutely no regrets. You will regret to meet my grandma on the wrong foot though...

#MindTheHat

When we were kids, my grandma used to reprimand us for making fart sounds at the dinner table.
As she got older, and would come over to our house for dinner....she'd fart all the time.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Not much etiquette about these days!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

But a homosexual can sue if he does not get his wedding cake and must go all the way to the U.S. supreme court for a decision?

I am tired of these silly racist games from liberals. The 2nd civil war is coming and there will be no winners.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Still didn't get that cake.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Arnie123
However, thanks to this mans stupidity, he had to make it political.

He MADE it political? I'd counter that wearing a MAGA hat is political.

It seems that anytime the socio-demacrats want to turn something negative, they spin it with comments like, raciest, Nazi, political, Russian, too much whiteness...and so on.
Yes, Make America Great Again, is a patriotic movement to strengthen and revitalize The USA.
I wish these anti-American Antifas would get the hell out of our country.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think almost every restaurant has a sign at the door that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

With that... they don't even have to have a reason. Their rights. We "wa-wa-wa" if they give one... and they don't have to.

That's not my idea or feeling... but who put the sign on the coffee shop entrance I just walked through..
Just sayin'....

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

#MindTheHat

Ah, I see, you were there and saw that no one else had a hat on.
Really?
Really!
We are NOT talking about grandma's house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join