It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enkindling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This figure wreathed in fire,
Tempts us all with desire,
To absolve ourselves in flame,

Her power is immolation,
To the unbelievers devastation,
Charred throats hail her name!

Our obedience eternal,
We embrace the heat infernal,
Though some call us insane,

This woman to us a God,
Till we are ashes on the sod,
We will lift up in praise,

Fear the Firehawk,
Respect the Firehawk,
Worship the Firehawk,
The flame immortal,

Fear the Firehawk,
Respect the Firehawk,
Worship the Firehawk,
The conflagration eternal!

From the Soaring Dragon,
To Frostburn Canyon,
Incineration reigns,

The Bloodshot heathens,
And Scorch's foul minions,
Will be slaughtered or tamed,

Holding fists full of ashes,
The sound of fire howls and crashes,
As with flame foes are slain,

Nothing feels as nice,
As burning sacrifice,
To her majestic holy name!

Fear the Firehawk,
Respect the Firehawk,
Worship the Firehawk,
The flame immortal,

Fear the Firehawk,
Respect the Firehawk,
Worship the Firehawk!
The conflagration eternal,

Its we who're burning now,
As we wonder how,
And why we were gamed,

Our God self dethroned,
And is destroying our home,
Impotent is our rage,

For although not a goddess,
Her brutal thermal prowess,
Was in doubt at no stage,

Her disciples are in ashes,
Looted of all their stashes,
Now Pandora turns a page.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This lyric was inspired by a segment of the game Borderlands 2, which I highly recommend that people check out, as it is not only fun to play, but some of the characters and dialogues in the game are just HILARIOUS. One of the more unhinged ones, is Incinerator Clayton, who, upon bearing witness to the pyrokinetic capabilities of one of the main characters in the story, decides that said character is this godlike being called the Firehawk, and gets all his bandit buddies to join his fire cult.

Its comedy gold from start to finish, with brutal humour throughout. There is even a character who, caught up in insanity, demands that you shoot him in the face. His name? Face McShooty... I kid you not, its a riot. Worth a play, or watching a walkthrough on YouTube, just for the mad, mad dialogues!

Anyway, thanks for reading folks!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
"9 Toes has 3 Balls"
The names of bosses in a game doesn't get any better than the Borderlands series.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You are absolutely right there!

And its not just the names either. Many FPS games of the period were renowned for being very flat and boring where character was concerned... Borderlands games never hit me that way, despite the comic book looking graphics, they always seem fully realised. Its VERY easy to feel a part of the story, and thats all thanks to how easy it is to become invested in the characters and their survival, which is all down to the writing if you ask me.

I know computer game movies are usually the very definition of terrible, but I don't think I am alone in believing that Borderlands universe would be a fantastic setting for a movie or movie series. CL4P - TP should also have his own spin off cartoon show, for absolutely sure. First episode, he could bitch slap that Wall-E guy off a cliff, just on principle, and start ranting about how much of an overlord he is, before getting chased off by Bullymongs or Skags.

Normally, I would be dead set against such a thing, given the history of computer game spin offs. But Borderlands has that magic to it that I think would work in any visual entertainment medium, as long as the people making it were not totally thick about it, of course.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Fully dang well agree with ya...
In case you dont have the set (or a GOTY Edition) both Steam and GoG are having some excellent Summer Sales..
Borderlands my son bought me for Father's Day right after it came out. He had been playing it on console.
I was a bit disappointed until after the first 30 seconds of gameplay . Almost immediately surpassed all other games I own.
I still go back and replay the trilogy today....

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Well, I played Borderlands and Borderlands 2, as well as some of the expansions for Borderlands 1, but never got further than that, for one simple reason.

I can no longer afford to update my gaming gear. I have a PS3, and thats where I had to draw the line and say "Thats it... I cannot justify the expenditure any more". That was a choice I came to, largely in response to the fact that games are rarely released in full anymore, and many contain totally unacceptable, post sale transactions, something that rots my guts. Buying a new machine for the games I want, would see me playing maybe three games. Maaaybe three. Certainly not more than six, so penetrated by corporate greed is the system. If there were way more big titles which were ethically and economically sensible purchases, I MIGHT consider saving for a PS4, but I have, as of yet, seen no reason to do so.

I have kept up with the story progression in the games though, by watching walkthroughs mostly.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Borderlands the Prequel was not as involved as the other 2 in my opinion . ClapTrap played a more important role. That , to me , was the "saving grace"

In case you can go for the set , The Prequel came out for the PS3 .

edit on 6/30/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Borderlands 1 and 2 are two of the best gun grinding games ever, the last one just doesn’t hit the mark

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

OoooooOOOOOoooh....

Might have to give that a butchers at some point! Gotta get me my dose of "ShotGUUUUUUN RHINOPLASTY!"

Incidentally, that random shout given by bandits in BL2, should have an award for funniest thing ever said by an enemy unit in a computer game!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Nice writing mate, reminds me of a woman I know.

new topics

top topics

join