It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Weed Apocalypse' dawns for California pot dealers on Sunday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I wouldn’t worry about taxes that much, as opposed to pretty much everything else that is sold and taxed in this country the cannabis taxes are absorbed by the companies, and not the consumer.

Even in Seattle where the tax is 37% you can find 1/8ths of top shelf for $11-$15 and ounces for under $100 most of the time.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think governments (including State governments) should stop assuming it has the legal right/power to regulate chemical substances. Prior to the controlled substances act, such was legal in all states and widely used by citizens (including Presidents).

If the Constitution doesn't specifically allocate a power/privilege to government, it should immediately cease assuming that it is acceptable to usurp said power or privilege.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

“The State Bureau...”

Stopped reading there. They have no idea what a business is or how it works. Besides, it is only devil’s weed so who cares what a dirty hippie thinks????

It is a multi million dollar business that has never been seen before. A state agency can’t see the light of day where its head is.

A few lobbyists later (and some golf trips), the “law” will change.

Chuck Schumer can’t be wrong!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Sure wasn't like that when I was there last year...1/8s were like 40$ which is what I pay off the black market now.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Only California could screw up the easiest to sell product on the planet.

We never had to deal with this kind of over taxation in Colorado. In my opinion California bureaucrats desperate and greedy. You Californians need to get your **** together!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I wouldn’t worry about taxes that much, as opposed to pretty much everything else that is sold and taxed in this country the cannabis taxes are absorbed by the companies, and not the consumer.

Even in Seattle where the tax is 37% you can find 1/8ths of top shelf for $11-$15 and ounces for under $100 most of the time.

And you don't find that unsustainable?
I bet your average dispensary employee in Seattle makes about as much as an McDonald's cashier.

Colorado the tax around 23% and it still generates the state 1.5 billion a year... AND the industries employees actually make a liveable wage.
edit on 30-6-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

This actually isn't a bad thing.

I have a cousin that's a microbiologist and he does food testing. The stuff they test for could possibly kill you if it's not found by a lab.

So you'll have safer pot to ingest. And it should help bring up the price a little. So that growers can actually afford to stay in business.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I really hate it when there's PCP in my colas.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Sure wasn't like that when I was there last year...1/8s were like 40$ which is what I pay off the black market now.

There’s a whole range of prices. Everything from $11-$15 1/8ths up to a single pre-roll that costs $420.

It all depends on what dispensary you go to.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I was in Seattle for 2 months and went to all kinds of shops. Best deals I got were after meeting a dispensary owner in the hotel bar that my new friend the bartender introduced me to...that and the guy who I worked with who knew all kinda growers.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

your prices are too high and quality too low,most places here operate as a non profit organization,as it should be not more government control like Colo,a very liberal state,we are doing fine,till government gets involved

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ship the excess to Canada. They are about to go legal nationwide...

There are no tariffs on it yet... so win-win...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join