It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Weed Apocalypse' dawns for California pot dealers on Sunday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The state Bureau of Cannabis Control sounds very official and it is with their regulations on quality, pesticides, (what about the food we eat ?) Microbiological contaminants... (How many times have we heard of a nationwide recall of such things as lettuces, beef, or whatever AFTER people get sick or even die?)

Typical bureaucratic B.S. which smells a new cash cow.... the article goes on to explain ... With the taxes on some products reaching 40%.... 90% of the businesses will be out of business within a year unless they go back to the black underground market where there are an estimated 1300 dispensaries in the Los Angeles alone. Surely they would not break the law and do that, now would they ? Oh and the a lack of approved testing facilities in California (they claimed there were 31 labs but only 19 are open).. there is and has been a backlog. Wonder why ?

Well they gave them six months to comply with the lab testing.. what gets me ...if I were in the business I would only be buying from suppliers who had their product tested and compliant... Probably not many of those growers around and if they are, the price is X times more expensive. It appears to be complicated as most things are once the regulators step in and know very little about anything except how to milk the cash cows.

The state Bureau of Cannabis Control regulations require shops to sell only marijuana that has been tested for pesticides, potency and microbiological contaminants.

The government-approved pot will be marked with a harvest and “best use by” date and sealed in child-resistant packaging. The rules were designed to take effect on July 1, six months after legalization approved by voters in November formally took effect on Jan. 1.

www.reuters.com...

“I’m losing anywhere between 30 and 40 percent on every sale just so I don’t lose 100 percent, because under current laws I can’t give product that is non-compliant back to distributors,” Kiloh said.

Kiloh, who is also the president of the United Cannabis Business Association, estimates that California’s licensed cannabis industry will have lost up to half a billion dollars after July 1.

If there are 1300 illegal dispensaries not paying taxes or complying with these laws I guess it makes sense to drive all the business to the outlaws and away from those who are trying to comply with the regulations... (sarc)

Now... I really do not care; not a user.. I only post this because of the stupidity the bureaucratic tax mongrels who have the greatest propensity to kill the goose that lays the golden egg or starve it to a slow death... They show their absolute stupidity once again IMO....

Maybe if everyone goes back to illegal sales, the private prison industry will be happy along with DEA ... could have been the plan all along, no ?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Give it a while. It'll work out.

Like the steel tariff.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Yay Capitalism! Yay bureaucratic government control!

this is liberty!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I found the requirements....
Transition Period Requirements

LABORATORY TESTING REQUIREMENTS:

Beginning July 1, 2018, a licensee may only sell cannabis goods that have been tested and passed all testing requirements in effect at the time of testing.

-Untested cannabis goods cannot be sold by a retailer and must be destroyed. A retailer may not send cannabis goods to a distributor for testing.
-Untested cannabis goods manufactured or harvested before January 1, 2018, in possession of a distributor that are owned by the distributor must be destroyed.
-Untested cannabis goods manufactured or harvested before January 1, 2018, in the possession of a distributor owned by a manufacturer or cultivator may be returned to the licensee who owns the cannabis goods. If a cultivator or manufacturer chooses to sell the returned cannabis goods, the cannabis goods must be sent to a distributor for testing and must meet all of the testing requirements in effect at the time of testing before transported to a retailer for sale.

PACKAGING AND LABELING REQUIREMENTS:

Beginning July 1, 2018, all packaging and labeling must be performed prior to cannabis goods being transported to a retailer.

-A retailer shall not accept cannabis goods that are not properly packaged and labeled. A retailer shall not package or label cannabis goods, even if the cannabis goods were in inventory before July 1, 2018. However, for medicinal sales, retailers will place a sticker on cannabis goods stating, “FOR MEDICAL USE ONLY” upon sale to a qualified medicinal consumer, unless the statement is already printed on the package.
-A retailer may not send unpackaged cannabis goods to another licensee for packaging or labeling. Cannabis goods in possession of a retailer that do not meet packaging and labeling requirements must be destroyed.
-Exit packaging is not required to be child-resistant and can no longer be used to satisfy the child-resistant packaging requirements. All cannabis goods must be in child-resistant packaging prior to delivery to a retailer.

These seem to be the requirements in question... They don't really seem that unreasonable to me, just trying to guarantee the product is not using unsafe pesticides (consumer protection, I assume.)
In Colorado all the dispensaries I've been to have their stuff tested for potency and the ingredients (and pesticides used, etc...) are listed.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Has nothing to do with safety.

They want more $. Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Labs make money. Growers make money. State makes money.

People get high.

Winning.

I think it will sort out but right now I think there are a lot of cheap buds on the market.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Funny it's like 2 different story's,the one the media portrays and the ones quick to react to any reference,then there is the truth,most MJ dispensary's around in Calif operate as a non profit organization,all these rules and regulation is sword rattling by the government,you can grow it anywhere here,like anything else,it's been like that for several years,keep watching the TV,and listen to your mind fade

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

If they really gave a damn they'd just decriminalize it instead of legalizing it.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think Tommy Chong lives in Cali. He'll help you figure it out.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Are there best buy dates on cigarettes and cigars?..alcohol?

Even so, i don't believe the age will make you sick, it just crumbles and smokes faster.

So what's the point other than a way to take the people's money... Beuracracy at its finest. They see something doing good and they tax it to death.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Gee, I remember when I was young, a lid cost fifteen bucks and the only tests required were checking how good it taste and worked. What kind of complicated society have we created?

Well, at least now you can be assured it cost a lot of money.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You for got to add some words there. Like, ..... through higher prices on the little guy. a reply to: Phage

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Give it a while. It'll work out.

Like the steel tariff.

That's what they said about Obamacare. Look how well that panned out!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee, I remember when I was young, a lid cost fifteen bucks and the only tests required were checking how good it taste and worked. What kind of complicated society have we created?

Well, at least now you can be assured it cost a lot of money.

in favor of legalization and regulation for sure.

but this all sounds like bull# to me.
sure when going to the green store its nice to know strain and potency. of course. kind of the point.

but hitting people with all these taxes and regulations on what can slide through and what has to be destroyed is bull#.

i can easily just keep doing what i have been doing my entire life.

if i added up the pounds in my life............not for a single spec do i know anything about what pesticide or official testing.
neither has anyone else in the history of the world and everyone is fine.

give me the paper. i sign the waiver saying i dont know # and theyre not responsible for #.
now ill take the 5150 please

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So do they do the same for tomatoes?

If not, the gov needs thrown in prison.

I love how the gov hss just morphed into a organized crime.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

90% of the businesses will be out of business within a year unless they go back to the black underground market

Giving dems some good talking points and adding to that blue wave.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Since Nov. 9, 2016, every Californian 21 and older has been allowed to grow up to six marijuana plants per household so long as those plants are kept out of public view.

If that's the case why go through a middle man such as a dispensary?

Victory gardens, maaan.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I think it's ironic that a bunch of dem pot dealers are now seeing what over regulation can do to a business.

I wonder if any of them will realize it an start voting for people that want less regulation?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I think it's ironic that a bunch of dem pot dealers are now seeing what over regulation can do to a business.

I wonder if any of them will realize it an start voting for people that want less regulation?

regulations are killing potency too

now each package can be no more than 100 milligrams and no more than 10 milligrams per individual dose.

a lot of it just seems like pointless regulations as well

in my state we can start getting out medical cards next month. legal medically but only vaping and possible certain edibles but definitely not flowers by way of smoking

it just seems like a silly think to stipulate by people that have no idea what they are talking about

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I am pretty sure I will be getting mine the same way I have been all my life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join