It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prank caller patched through to Trump on Air Force One

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They knew who it was and played along for kicks.

You're just jealous it wasn't your 8th thread of the day

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Pretty sure this is illegal..
And it should be, nobody should waste the US Presidents time with prank calls.

Ease up....
No one got injured.
Doesn't everyone enjoy a good "prank" ?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Someone on the switchboard is in big trouble.

Seeing the way Washington works they'd probably be promoted to the DOJ

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Should be illegal to pretend to be a senator like it is a LEO.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There really should be a law against that sort of thing. That law should be passed so we can use that law to get all the scammers calling us at home arrested.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Stuttering John was Howard Stern's guy they'd send out to do interviews, way back in the day.

This one time I was listening, like 20 years ago, he found Mr. Rogers somewhere, and asked him "Would you like to machine gun Barney" (the purple dinosaur whatever that was wildly popular at the time), and Mr. Rogers said "Would you?" again and again when John kept asking him it.
edit on 29-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You mean you're such an authoritarian you'd have prank callers get locked up? There are already laws against scamming people.

I say of people so uptight they freak out at prank callers they require to be pranked epicly so bad that they eventually have a coming of age breakthru and realize how funny it must have been for the other person, that they go and try it for themself and emerge a 'new man' etc suddenly with a sense of humor and the world and their own life be better for it.

Made with a "Mulletman Rick" (was was initially a victim and turned into a soundboard) soundboard).
edit on 29-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I was hoping it would be funnier.
Nice to know we have a President you can talk to anytime.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Pretty sure this is illegal..
And it should be, nobody should waste the US Presidents time with prank calls.

definitely.

the secret service needs to investigate him for ties to terrorism.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's not the prank it's the pretending to be a senator.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Andy Kaufman is Donald Trump. There is no other explanation. Its a performance. Tony Clifton - the next generation.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You do realize at this point you are as bad as the Obama birthers right?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So what I read on twitter was that legislative affairs did ask the Menendez staff whether the congressman was trying to reach POTUS, they said no, so they said it was bogus. Jared Kushner allegedly overrode that decision. Totally unsourced and no idea if accurate. But, if this is true than Trump really did know it was a prank and used it to his advantage, or Kushner... I don't know, should take responsibility or something. POTUS doesn't dial phone numbers, other people do that.

In any case, I don't see how getting juked by someone is shameful or anything, at least no more than a "fool me once" sort of situation. It's funny for sure, but twitter is going CRAZY about how dumb it was to return the call. I don't see it. I thought he was very nice in the call. Makes Trump seem like an everyman. Maybe that was the strategy?
edit on 29-6-2018 by Zelun because: little typos, sorry, 2 or 3 in.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Trump was on the Howard Stern show often enough in the past, it's like his old buddies pranked him.
Funny stuff...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Lord when are the government(s) learn to not fall for social hacking? Screen your calls people you have plenty of resources y’all are looking like you’re falling hook line and sinker like the Brit’s did with the HMS Dreadnaught Troll of olde! The same guys actually did a second ludicrous fake that caught the U.K. Goverment and Royal Navy off guard again and made famous the “bunga bunga” joke that Brit’s still use to this day!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It sounds like the pranker chickened out when he heard the voice of the Prez on the line. So he asked him a few questions about current events and Trump answered. What's funny about that? Or was the whole point of the call to show that the President would return a phone call without launching an extensive investigation into it first?

The pranker chickened out when he heard Trump's voice. Either way, he ends up looking like a dumb asshole.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
Lord when are the government(s) learn to not fall for social hacking? Screen your calls people you have plenty of resources y’all are looking like you’re falling hook line and sinker like the Brit’s did with the HMS Dreadnaught Troll of olde! The same guys actually did a second ludicrous fake that caught the U.K. Goverment and Royal Navy off guard again and made famous the “bunga bunga” joke that Brit’s still use to this day!

At least they got something funny out of their political prank calls! This guy just asked questions about current events. Worst prank call ever and now the guy looks like a coward AND an asshole.
edit on 29-6-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join