It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiderbot...This Was Almost Too Strange

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Creepy - I remember this book well - especially when discussing Sagans idea of reaching out to aliens.

It amuses me how many on ATS think the absence of return intelligent noise from the Universe means Fermis paradox is a given. We really don't know whats out there. We assume they would be friendly

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
you had a encounter with the high strangeness
i heard those encounters are becoming rarer and rarer by the day
seems like the cosmic trickster in the sky finnaly got bored with humans

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I've had dreams that I woke up, went to the john.

Then I woke up, and really had to pee.

I've had dreams like that and awoke to find I've pissed the bed. One time I pissed on the radiator in my sleep.

Don't drink too much alcohol before bed...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

We assume they would be friendly

Nah.
Just well fed.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
[/URL]
They were spinning perpendicular to the legs. Never seen or heard of anything like that in nature. It did make me think of some sort of radar.

Okay not trying to stomp ya down here but if this protrusin was straight and just had a ball on the top how did you discern the rotation? Did this protrusion apear biological or mechanical? What would be your estimate of the rough size of said protrusion the height, the width of the rod, and the ball?

It was a barbell shape like a tongue piercing. A rod with a ball on each end. Therefore it would have been attached to the spider by the center of the bar.

Not a spinning globe arrangement as you imagined. More like a helicopter. Except one on each front leg/appendage.

To OP:

Here's my best guess, which is NOT saying much...
Spiders can move very fast. Whatever it did with its legs moved so fast in a blur, that in the poor lighting conditions, it looked like some thing truly bizarre. Nature is bizarre. Something moist, wet, shiny, can appear "metallic".

Or, maybe some kind of a drone? Maybe they set it on autopilot and it walked over you, and when your hand made contact, it went into a defensive mode, and alerted the controllers to the screen displaying its visual readings, they saw it was a "transient" human, disengaged defense mode and retreated before continuing on its path.

Who knows? But thanks for sharing bud

edit on 6/29/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Maybe it was some type of biological alien probe?

Or maybe an advanced A.I. has taken over a factory somewhere and is cranking out highly advanced probes that resemble animals and insects and just maybe, people.

edit on 29-6-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
you had a encounter with the high strangeness
i heard those encounters are becoming rarer and rarer by the day
seems like the cosmic trickster in the sky finnaly got bored with humans

I wish to hell the stupid trickster got bored with me.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Exactly - but hunger takes many forms other than physical "nutrient" food.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Do you ever hallucinate upon waking (hypnagogic hallucinations)? I have them and some of them have been insect related. From my experience, and hearing from other people, insects seem to be a common theme.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SugarBom6

Do you ever hallucinate upon waking (hypnagogic hallucinations)? I have them and some of them have been insect related. From my experience, and hearing from other people, insects seem to be a common theme.

I’ve had this happen once I was completely covered in ticks! Still makes my skin crawl thinking about it not a fun experience!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Ticks get you high?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
its happening people!, another report just came from reddit:
www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of that remote control cockroach in The Fifth Element. The one with the little satellite dish on its back.

I have had some unfortunate run ins with spiders. I don't do spider. I've been bitten by black widow and tarantula, both in New Mexico. The widow was worse physically but the tarantula still creeps me out. I have caught scorpions in the house before but for some reason those don't bother me. I dunno...
edit on 30-6-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Dreams are funny that way.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Kind of reminds me of that remote control cockroach in The Fifth Element. The one with the little satellite dish on its back.

I have had some unfortunate run ins with spiders. I don't do spider. I've been bitten by black widow and tarantula, both in New Mexico. The widow was worse physically but the tarantula still creeps me out. I have caught scorpions in the house before but for some reason those don't bother me. I dunno...

Good ole Fifth Element, a personal favorite of mine.

You’d love it here in Arkansas every other house has Brown Recluses, I got bit by one on the back of my leg it was not a fun thing I had a huge red area around the bite and the center started turning black and got more and more painful. Then I get put on Doxycycline and it gave me a bleeding ulcer for my trouble. All kinds of fun...

originally posted by: Phage

Ticks get you high?

Nope just give me the creeps I hate blood suckers...

edit on 6/30/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't want to believe that the interstellar visitor, Omuomua, or whatever the Hawaiian name is, dropped off some probe on the way by.
edit on V392018Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 30 Jun 2018 23:39:40 -05001 by Violater1 because: yjuy

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Ewww... No thank you on the brown recluse. I think those live here too in Illinois. I guess its always something.

Fifth element is a fav of mine too. Goofy, yes, but a fun movie.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Ewww... No thank you on the brown recluse. I think those live here too in Illinois. I guess its always something.

Fifth element is a fav of mine too. Goofy, yes, but a fun movie.

I find them in spider traps all the time it’s pretty bad down here, violin on the back=no bueno.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yes, I do. Fairly often.
Just this morning I woke up and saw a woman looking at me.
I asked "Who are you?"
And then she just faded away and I was properly awake.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Yes, I do. Fairly often.
Just this morning I woke up and saw a woman looking at me.
I asked "Who are you?"
And then she just faded away and I was properly awake.

Good lookin’?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join