It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And while we're on the subject...McDonald's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I must be going to McDonald's evil twin's McDonald's.

Mc'dowells. they have the Big Mac we got the Big Mic.
edit on 29-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: MisterSpock
About all I'll eat from fast food places is Taco's. Usually Taco Bell, about once a month.

Used to like it when I was younger, but it just isn't that good anymore(if it ever was?).

I go to Taco Bell when I need a colonic. Cleans me right out....

Stay away from all the bean stuff then, I guess some people just react differently.

I, for one, back in my youth never had the same next day reaction to white castle as others did.

White Castle is only tolerable with a joint.

Seriously, for some reason I crave White Castle only if it is late at night. Maybe because when it is dark, I can't get a look at those nasty grey square patties.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

Oh, and they don't even "fry" those burgers anymore. They're just warmed up in this oven thing they have...and then put in the yellow drawer.

It's awful!

They've somehow convinced themselves (not us consumers) that pulling a dry ass burger-thing out of a drawer and putting it on a stale bun and serving it with cold fries which have a half-life constitutes..."prepared fresh"! LOL!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I must be going to McDonald's evil twin's McDonald's.

Mc'dowells. they have the Big Mac we got the Big Mic.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

Just come back from a Dim Sum dinner with a Hong Kong mate and we had Phoenix Claws as usual, chicken feet, pretty tasty but boney
Don't mind Chinese, lots of flavour
Though Honkies are significantly more Westernised than mainland Chinese

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Maybe you're right. McDowels sounds about right.

I go in, I get the 'shaft', which is a whole lot like a 'dowel'.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

A medley of crunchy garlic chips and smooth, flavorful garlic aioli, crisp iceberg lettuce, a juicy tomato slice and melty white cheddar cheese. With a 100% fresh beef 1/4 lb.* patty that’s hotter**, juicier** and cooked when you order. Served on an artisan roll. *Weight before cooking 4 oz. **Compared to prior ¼ lb. beef patty. Fresh beef Signature Crafted burgers available at most restaurants in contiguous US. Not available in Alaska, Hawaii, and US Territories.

LINK

I am in Lake county Illinois currently. Which is between Cook County(Chicago) and Kenosha County(which is in Wisconsin). So the ones around me have them. The ones I have been to in Chicago recently have had them, and the ones I have seen in Wisconsin have them too.
edit on 29-6-2018 by karmicecstasy because: The Burger King saved me from the Hamburgler but now wants unsavory favors in return...So I still need help!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I wont touch that sheet. I will eat their soups, noodles and stir fry. But the steamed fish, sea slugs are nada. Same goes for chicken feet, hand full of flies from the 55 gallon or liter oil drum. Nah. Same goes for fried worms or grasshopper. Nah.

Sounds like you need to come to the states for some deep fried Prairie Oysters.

also known as prairie oysters in Canada, also calf fries, is a dish made of cattle testicles. The organs are often deep-fried after being peeled, coated in flour, pepper and salt, and sometimes pounded flat. This delicacy is most often served as an appetizer.[1]

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

A medley of crunchy garlic chips and smooth, flavorful garlic aioli, crisp iceberg lettuce, a juicy tomato slice and melty white cheddar cheese. With a 100% fresh beef 1/4 lb.* patty that’s hotter**, juicier** and cooked when you order. Served on an artisan roll. *Weight before cooking 4 oz. **Compared to prior ¼ lb. beef patty. Fresh beef Signature Crafted burgers available at most restaurants in contiguous US. Not available in Alaska, Hawaii, and US Territories.

LINK

I am in Lake county Illinois currently. Which is between Cook County(Chicago) and Kenosha County(which is in Wisconsin). So the ones around me have them. The ones I have been to in Chicago recently have had them, and the ones I have seen in Wisconsin have them too.

Im in KC and have never heard of it..

Are they seasonal like the Mcrib or the shamrock shake?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

LINK

Im in KC and have never heard of it..

Are they seasonal like the Mcrib or the shamrock shake?

It may be because McDonald's corporate headquarters is in Chicago, so we get new menu products before the rest of the country.

All the McDonald's around me have the fancy burgers. As far as I know, they are permanent menu items.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Can't afford to eat at McD's any longer. 2 fish sandwiches, and that was it, for $9.24. Big time ripoff.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

But maybe, just maybe, your McDonald's sucks. Your premise seems to be that at one point McDonald's was better than they are now. When I actually think McDonald's is better now than ever. Do they not have the Garlic white cheddar burger at yours, or the sweet barbecue bacon burger, or the pico guacamole burger? All those burgers are better than the Big Mac and the Quarter Pounder. They have also recently switched to cook to order fresh beef patties. And the nuggets are now 100% white meat chicken instead of whatever they were before.

Now McDonald's is still not that great but it seems to me you liked it better when the food was more processed and had more filler. Either that or your franchise just has not caught up yet and sucks.

Ours has good salads and wraps, my husband thinks I'm weird that I'll go there for a salad, and it was the first place I ever tried poutine, and it was good. I had nothing to compare it to though.
It has gotten better over time, you just have to check your take out order before leaving, that seems to be what they screw up the most.
It also got a lot pricier....

www.mcdonalds.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The grasshoppers in honey are not that bad as for testicles, have to be better than forskins so I am led to understand. They are gross and smelly, stay away.....

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
When I was in college 20 odd years ago, I went to Switzerland. Apparently, Switzerland has the most expensive McDonald's. The food sucked in Switzerland and I was ecstatic I found a McDonald's until I figured out a combo meal was going to cost me like $20... and this was back in 1995!

I just checked and apparently, Switzerland is still home to the most expensive McDonalds... A big mac runs $6.35. Actually seems cheaper than I remember.

Switzerland has the most expensive Big Macs

Every year since 1986, The Economist has created a fun guide that uses the price of a Big Mac in different countries to measure the power of their currency. It's been widely used since then in textbooks and by business professionals to analyze currency misalignment, or how far off one country's currency is from another.

I also discovered that McDonald's there is considered fancy food. People go there on dates. Maybe it was because of the costs...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

No, it's fine. Been there, done that, got a lot more than the T-shirt!

I spent 2+ years in SE Asia, China and that whole region. And yes, the stories I could tell from that are endless...even down to the differences between McDonald's in the US versus Asia.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
On a road trip the semi-breakfast you get at Holiday inn Express just doesn't cut it very well. You get some protein, which is the point, but let's face it, turkey sausage just doesn't cut it. But about 10:30 a couple of hours down the road it's time for a stop at McD's where a couple of pain old REGULAR burgers (beef, pickles, ketchup, mustard, and reconstituted dried onions, and that's ALL) plus a senior coffee hits the spot perfectly. No Value Meal. No Big Mack. No fries. Maybe an iced coffee for the lady. Now that works and they usually do it very well--usually--except in Montrose, Colorado, where it took fifteen minutes to get a cup of coffee this last week. Now THAT sucked. Used appropriately, McDonald's provides a valuable service to travelers. The regular burgers are always the same. The coffee is always the same. It works for me.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

AKA

Timebomb!

LOL

My uncle calls each individual breakfast sammich a "Gut Bomb".

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I wonder if that Chinese Szechuan Burger, on the Canadian McD's menu, has the now legendary Mulan Szechuan mcnugget sauce on it.

edit on 29-6-2018 by karmicecstasy because: Zombie Dave Thomas saved me from The Burger King....So now I am a Wendy's man. Through and through.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Off-topic (on my own thread), but you're right; Switzerland does have some weird food habits. For me, it wasn't so much the food wasn't good (it was delicious), it was more the fact you couldn't hardly find any of it. There aren't restaurants all over like many other places, and the ones which are there close at about 3pm. So, I was there skiing (among other things) and when you'd get down off the mountain everything was closed. At one point me and my group were so hungry after a few days of this that we begged our hotel manager to open the restaurant and make us some food. It was mostly cheese and coldcuts, but at least it was something!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Edumakated

Off-topic (on my own thread), but you're right; Switzerland does have some weird food habits. For me, it wasn't so much the food wasn't good (it was delicious), it was more the fact you couldn't hardly find any of it. There aren't restaurants all over like many other places, and the ones which are there close at about 3pm. So, I was there skiing (among other things) and when you'd get down off the mountain everything was closed. At one point me and my group were so hungry after a few days of this that we begged our hotel manager to open the restaurant and make us some food. It was mostly cheese and coldcuts, but at least it was something!

That right! I remember now! There were like no restaurants... or anything easily accessible. That's what it was... there simply was no food! I remember we finally broke down and found a grocery store and brought a bunch of food back to our hotel. However, you couldn't just easily run out and grab a burger or something.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join