It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And while we're on the subject...McDonald's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Really?

So riddle me this, Batman...how exactly did all those kids get to McDonald's? Did kids drive back then?

No, their parents drove them there, that's how. So, rather than simply not taking their kids to McDonald's to be "poisoned" they instead F#d up McDonald's...because it was, after all, McDonald's fault, right?

edit on 6/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here is how I make my cheeseburgers...

I make my own "relish" with chopped onions(red and yellow),fresh jalapenos,
green bell peppers and tomatoes.I mix some of this in my ground chuck and
make my patties.I fry them in a skillet on medium heat and turn them once.
After I turn them,I cover the skillet with a lid.When they are cooked,I put a
slice of cheese on them and replace the lid,turning off the stove.In just a few
minutes the cheese is all melted.Use any of your favorite toppings on a bun
and enjoy.I don't use salt and pepper on mine,you have to add your own.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In this case black lives matter as this guy has ruined the brand. It must be his weird taste buds. Its on him:

In 2007, Thompson stepped into the role of Chief Operating Officer for the global corporation, and on July 1, 2012, he became President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of McDonald's Corp, succeeding outgoing CEO, the retiring

I drank MCD coffee daily for decades. I am still alive. Yes they are messing with the brand, food and the coffee.

The Coffee has kind of morphed towards the Starbucks taste. I HATE Starbucks and burned coffee
The Hash Brown is now a grease absorbent sponge. You can use them as a fire log to heat your home.
The Egg McMuffin now has some creepy tasting spice on it. They ruined the flavor on one their few healthy items. Sucks.
The hamburger rolls are stale. Stale is stale.
The McChicken sandwich has more mayo than the last oil spill into the Gulf of Mexico .
The cheese is FAKE. Zero flavor.

Its the President. Must be a dumb #.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Well, in return for our laziness and ignorance, we resort to fast food and cheap meats. The price isn't just a lack of quality, but a forgo of our morals and ethics.

We cause mass long-term suffering of animals all for self-indulgence and laziness.

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
So while we're on the subject of 'rants'...

McDonald's, what have you done; is your corporate goal to make the most awful food on Earth? What happened? You used to be so awesome!

I was with you right up until this point....

McDonalds has always been garbage...except god I wish they never stopped selling pizza. That was the only thing I ever liked...also on a weird side note...i'm pretty sure earls sells McDonalds fries. It's the only other place i've ever had fries that are even remotely similar.

link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Forwarding to McDonald's Corporate Headquarters!

...just in case they forgot.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
About all I'll eat from fast food places is Taco's. Usually Taco Bell, about once a month.

Used to like it when I was younger, but it just isn't that good anymore(if it ever was?).

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
About all I'll eat from fast food places is Taco's. Usually Taco Bell, about once a month.

Used to like it when I was younger, but it just isn't that good anymore(if it ever was?).

I still get the cheesy gordita crunch. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I agree, mostly the parents fault. Hard not to ignore their mass marketing to young kids. Corporations aren't free from guilt just because of parents.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Didn't you know that Mickey Dees is part of the FEDS black op program for disposal of hazmat materials? Just like China they blend it in and serve as drywall cant be used for everything!

Only thing with USA Mickey Dees versus China in China they blend in pussy cat and dog.

Just kidding on all of the above

link   
a reply to: blueman12

We cause mass long-term suffering of animals all for self-indulgence and laziness.

Then STOP eating all their food, dammit!

link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
McDonald's or any fast food is not really meant to be gourmet food. I would not say any fast food place has the best burger, or fries, or fried little chicken pieces I have ever tasted. Fast food places are what they are. Not the greatest food on earth. Their main purpose is convenience and saving of time. Hence why they are called fast food places.

But maybe, just maybe, your McDonald's sucks. Your premise seems to be that at one point McDonald's was better than they are now. When I actually think McDonald's is better now than ever. Do they not have the Garlic white cheddar burger at yours, or the sweet barbecue bacon burger, or the pico guacamole burger? All those burgers are better than the Big Mac and the Quarter Pounder. They have also recently switched to cook to order fresh beef patties. And the nuggets are now 100% white meat chicken instead of whatever they were before.

Now McDonald's is still not that great but it seems to me you liked it better when the food was more processed and had more filler. Either that or your franchise just has not caught up yet and sucks.

Yeah, I don't know what kind of McD's the OP has around his house, but my local McD's are all better than they've ever been imho. Sure, McD's is not on the level of fast casual restaurants like say a Shake Shack, but it is hardly dog food. My local McD's have been cleaned up quite nicely with new interiors, etc. They all offer the newer burgers, etc and seem well managed.

The other thing that is funny to me is that McDs does offer healthy meals. They have decent salads. You can get apples and yogurt instead of fries in a Happy Meal.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I still get the cheesy gordita crunch. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Grilled steak soft taco for me, fresco style(takes the cheese and lettuce out and uses a pico de gallo).

But, I like the majority of what they have.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I go to Taco Bell when I need a colonic. Cleans me right out....

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I go to Taco Bell when I need a colonic. Cleans me right out....

Stay away from all the bean stuff then, I guess some people just react differently.

I, for one, back in my youth never had the same next day reaction to white castle as others did.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Good rant, but I like the McD's here, warm fries, plenty of grease in the burger, maybe it's just your local one is crap?
On a similar thought US McD's have allsorts more additives than the UK though, you may be interested, I did a thread about it recently, here...
Killing me softly with his fries...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let's be hounest, when you have had a few and on the way home and hungry, it serves it's purpose
Best just to wolf it down without chewing it
Who chews their processed food anyway

link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Mcdonalds use to make the sandwiches wrap them up and put them in the warmer. After 10 minutes they were supposed to throw them away and they usually did.

Now they make 100 pattys and put them in a drawer until they sell them. The fries used to be cooked with actual lard and they were so much better.

Now the fries are all salt..

When was the last time any of us went to mcds for the family and they got our whole order right and it was all fresh?

Its been years since that happened . but we still eat there every few weeks.

link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Do they not have the Garlic white cheddar burger at yours, or the sweet barbecue bacon burger, or the pico guacamole burger?

Oh HELL NO!! Are you from Earth? I've never seen ANY of those on the menu at any McDonald's I've been to!!!

I must be going to McDonald's evil twin's McDonald's.

Seriously though, where are you that they have a menu like this? I've honestly never seen those items...and I've been to quite a few McDonald's before!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Hey if you really want to eat sheet and I mean sheet then go to mainland china and eat the traditional foods. This is what their executives eat. Friggen disgusting.

That's were they toss the 3' carp on the table, with eyeballs, big ass scales and all. I cant remember whether it was even gutted. F that. We all ran to McDonald's later that night.

Then I had to eat a "sea slug". Looks like a #ing TURD and who knows. In the Hong Kong harbor when they gotta go they gotta go and they just hang there ass over the side of the boat and its bombs away. Whats worse is when one of them has the Cha Cha's or Jamaican Squirts. Jesus. Some time its a community launch.

Sorry off topic but you got me goin
edit on 29-6-2018 by Jake56 because: typo

I attest that all of the above is factually true and witnessed by me as a participant and graduate student. None of the above is a distrotion as it did indeed happen.

edit on 29-6-2018 by Jake56 because: added

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join