It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annapolis Shooter Jarrod Ramos Lost a Defamation Case Appeal Against Journalists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Cygnis

When you have the president of the United States saying that the media is public enemy number one. It is only a matter of time before someone does something.

Just like with pizzagate and the guy who bust in the pizza shop with an assault rifle..

WHY ???

Because if you believe trump’s nonsense about there being some vast leftwing conspiracy to destroy America. Then shooting up the media is justified!!!

Hitler wasn’t crazy.. he was a conspiracy theorist.. what he did was justified if you actually believe there is some vast Jewish conspiracy bent on world domination..

That’s the dangerous side of conspiracy theories where you make people out to be super villains.

Yes, the media is a big problem when they report what they hear how they wish to interpret it. That is just a logical conclusion. Jon Doe "The sky is blue." gets turned into, "JON DOE SAYS HE WILL CHANGE THE SKY FROM BLUE TO ANOTHER COLOR" or "JON DOE SAYS BLUE IS A RACIST COLOR" or "JON DOW SAYS BLUE IS NOT ALLOWED TO EXIST".

That is how our media is report things, and the majority are ignorant and spoonfed enough to believe that the media is telling the truth w/o any sort of verification of WHAT the media is saying.

I've never heard, nor have I seen Trump openly or directly say to attack the media. I've heard Trump say the media is fake news, or lying and the enemy of America. Yes, when they take one thing and twist it to another report it all over creating hostile intentions and causing a divide in the country that is a BIG problem, subversion at the least. Subverting the masses against the truth does make the MSM America's #1 enemy.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Apparently, he's retracted his statement and acknowledged jumping to a conclusions.

So there's that.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

a reply to: SailorJerry

Oh they blamed the cops for shooting unarmed people then vilifying the victim and Their families rather than paying them.. but here is the major difference..

THE BLM MEMBERS WHO SAID CRAZY STUFF WERE RANDOM NOBODIES WITH NO AUTHORITY OR FOLLOWING..

Trump is the president of the Us..

Plus BLM did not invent police shootings..

Trump basically did invent the “fake news “ narrative.. he might not have actually invented it, but he for damn sure made it a house hold name..

Yet they did advocate police shootings which took a huge uptick because of it, do your research.

Oh they blamed the cops for shooting unarmed people then vilifying the victim and Their families rather than paying them.. but here is the major difference.

Which in every case that STARTED BLM was proved to be false and the cops were justified, even by witnesses. But hey screw false premise to push the narrative right?!

Trump basically did invent the “fake news “ narrative.. he might not have actually invented it, but he for damn sure made it a house hold name.

he may have tagged it , but it was already well known that the MSM was reporting crap that wasnt true.

Again I ask you to answer my question, do you hold them responsible?

becaues it seems youre just making excuses

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Phage

Both sides are idiots.

It's like they WANT violence in the streets.

The MSM are idiots, they are the ones who want violence in the streets. What would they report on if there were no violence and everyone was happy all the time? Russia? Cute or ugly pets? Last night winners on reality TV contests? That is basically what happens when no major, in this case pretty minor, event happens (minor only because no major fatality although it is a tragedy when anyone dies to somebody out there). Though this event will drag the news on for several weeks no doubt getting mentioned several times per day on every outlet as information trickles out from sources, and then the information will by slightly spun either this way or that ad infinitum, it is the agenda of politics to divide, it is the media's voice that spurs the people to divide themselves. If this were a case of black on black crime in the projects in Chicago, it might see a blip, a mention by a local source regarding the incident involving some dispute or gang violence related to drugs, then the murders would be dropped as discussion points and then the debate would be about drugs and guns, not gangs, but drugs and guns, more likely guns since this is not the 80's.

The media thrives on violence, that should be well known by now. They want the juiciest most bloodbath ever in order to get more viewers, that is the name of their game. But then they politicize it, as if they themselves are politicians, because you know, we know, they have a voice that can be heard by millions and they are willing to have other people write their spiels behind the scenes and have actors (seem to) philosophize to the common person to make it sound relatable to the person, nation, or world, depending on the goal and directed use of language. It's all just pandering to a side to use an event to trigger more events. Not new news.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Apparently, he's retracted his statement and acknowledged jumping to a conclusions.

So there's that.

Is Ron Cocks influential?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Global editor at Reuters.

Here is what he is now saying.

Fair enough to call me out for jumping to a conclusion about the motives here. Vilifying any category of people - journalists, migrants, conservatives, liberals etc - can incite violence. This one hits close to home. Genuinely saddened.

When I saw the news today that a mass shooter had targeted the employees of a newspaper in Maryland I responded emotionally and inappropriately.

Though my comments were entirely personal, they were not in keeping with the Reuters Trust Principles and my own standards for letting facts, not snap judgments, guide my understanding.

My experience as a member of the community of Newtown, Connecticut in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook tragedy, combined with the possibility that my colleagues in the press were being targeted, pushed me into a state of emotional distress.

I am sorry for my comments, which I quickly deleted and have disavowed, and especially remorseful if they did anything to distract from the thoughts and love we must send to the community of Annapolis.

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 28-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Annapolis Shooter Jarrod Ramos Lost a Defamation Case Appeal Against Journalists

Yes but who was his psychologist? I don't have one but how do I know he does/did?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's like there's some sort of epidemic of people having lost their ability to control their impulses. They are too busy typing their feeling to the world without any contemplation of the issue---just spewing raw emotions. Fear and anger are killers of the immune system. Both extremes of the parties are depending on ramping up the fear and anger.

Is there something out there damaging the prefrontal cortex of people's brains?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Heavy metals and chemicals in the food

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Oy that was some dry humble pie.

Glad to see they found the errors of their posting.
1 step backwards. 2 steps forward?
edit on 28-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I wonder who you will blame for the world's problems when Trump is long gone?

You're in luck loam! I got in a new Heisenberg defibrillation condenser for my crystal ball. Let's try it out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The year is 2027. The newly elected President Pelosi has signed legislation that makes all companies operating outside of the US tax-exempt. The border with Mexico is no longer patrolled, since ICE was dismantled two years earlier. In mid-March, a group of concerned citizens start what has been referred to as the "kill the tyrants" march toward Washington DC, traveling on foot because gasoline is currently $326 a gallon and no one has vehicles except the very wealthy. As they march toward Washington, disheveled, homeless, and suffering from malnutrition and President Pelosi sends the military to stop the march with orders to kill, JoshuaCox makes the following post on ATS:

"You alt-rights are so clueless! Pelosi has made things so much better for everyone! She can only do so much, though, and it was Trump who got everyone's hopes up!..."

BZZZZZT! BZZZZT! POP!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, dammit, there went my condenser again. At least we got one glimpse...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Am I a terrible cold-hearted alt-right Nazi if I say that made me laugh so hard I nearly peed myself?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Am I a terrible cold-hearted alt-right Nazi if I say that made me laugh so hard I nearly peed myself?

Yes.

But my liberal translator says "terrible cold-hearted alt-right Nazi" translates to "NOT JoshuaCox"... so it's OK.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

No that is how Fox News and conservative Conspiracy sites claim the media is covering it..

They find a couple 30 second clips of some pundit saying something either stupid or out of context and then pretend like it is the general consensus. WHEN THE MEDUA IS NOT A SINGLE INSTITUTION..

The conservative media complex has made a cottage industry out of selling a fantasy world where everyone who criticizes a democrat is a racist and everyone is comming for our guns..

The left didn’t invent identity politics lol..

The right wing has been race baiting for all of american history..

And when your race baiting to 80% of the population it isn’t that hard..

What is retarded and inefficient and a thousand other things is race baiting TO THE MINORITY!!!

Sure it happens, but you win way more votes Racine baiting whites (the majority of the population) than you do race baiting minority groups..

So that’s what the conservative side of things have done for generations.. claiming the whole time the other side is doing it lol..

It is propaganda for stupid people.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
So so sad, it appears that this is unrelated to polotics, yet most of the Americans are already trying to push out a narrative of dems Vs repubs, ATS is really starting to look like a brain washing school.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

A) Psht.. “they.”

Aka random nobodies on the internet..

If that is your standard of proof what can’t you prove???

Wanna prove democrats like taking a crap on the salad bar at shoneys???

Well out of 350 million Americans I can find someone doing that..

B) proven to be false?!! Lmao.

Since when does the US judicial system always get it right?!?!

BWAHAHAHA

You do realize that is the same US judicial system that is supposedly setting trump up??

But they would never set up some poor random unarmed person?!?!

Lol.. just lol..

C) no only hard right conservative talking heads were claiming that.. and it is a joke..

Supposedly all the worlds media are in a vast conspiracy to destroy America and conservative conspiracy sites that neither employ journalists, nor fire people for fake stories , is the only people telling the truth!!

Lol..

It is propaganda for stupid people..

Propaganda that just one table spoon of deductive reasoning put towards imagining what would logistically be required to get all the worlds media to lie for you should debunk...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Exactly right. This has zero to do with Trump, Maxine or "civil war." This is about crazy people bent on killing their fellow human beings. In this case, decent hometown journalists who sit in stuffy city council and school board meetings and ask tough questions of their local reps. It's tragedy enough already without trying to make partisan political hay out of it. Thank you for your post.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You repeatedly claimed, a certain woman couldn't possibly be a rape-victim because she was too ugly to rape....

You have no credibility.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Says someone who believes Juanita broadricks laughable story lol!!!!

Mind providing an example where a super rich, super powerful ladies man who is globally known for being a ladies man has ever been prosecuted for raping a wilderbeast???

Oh, it’s never happened...
edit on 29-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Says someone who believes Juanita broadricks laughable story lol!!!!

Mind providing an example where a super rich, super powerful ladies man who is globally known for being a ladies man has ever been prosecuted for raping a wilderbeast???

Oh, it’s never happened...

You are a despicable person. You have shown, exactly what type of person you are to everyone here ; Everyone else take a moment and let his double down of "ugly women can't be rape victims" to sink in and realize who you are "attempting" to have a conversation with.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join