It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America going to a path similar to 1920s Germany?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I know, they are well aware of what I speak.

They just wanna try and catch me out in some fake news gotcha moment.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

No, no we aren't. What we do have is the ignorant extremists from both sides flapping their gums.

There will be no civil war, race riots, martial law, or any form of widespread doom. The very vast majority of us on both sides have no intention on fighting each other.

The media has the simple minded fools ready to take action against each other. Yet the media(And the simple minded fools) don't realize their hypothetical "war" can't happen without knowing who the enemy is.

Idiots from every political party, religion and race will carry out terroristic acts. The vast majority of us will come together and stop the fringe idiots.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yes.

We got lucky though because Hillary wasn't elected.

We dodged a bullet.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Never been more real than now, this great band and excellent song!
NOFX -

It's not the right time to be sober
Now the idiots have taken over
Spreading like a social cancer, is there an answer?

Mensa membership conceding
Tell me why and how are all the stupid people breeding
Watson, it's really elementary
The industrial revolution
Has flipped the bitch on evolution
The benevolent and wise are being thwarted, ostracized, what a bummer
The world keeps getting dumber
Insensitivity is standard and faith is being fancied over reason

Darwin's rolling over in his coffin
The fittest are surviving much less often
Now everything seems to be reversing, and it's worsening
Someone flopped a steamer in the gene pool
Now angry mob mentality's no longer the exception, it's the rule
And I'm starting to feel a lot like Charlton Heston
Stranded on a primate planet
Apes and orangutans that ran it to the ground
With generals and the armies that obeyed them
Followers following fables
Philosophies that enable them to rule without regard

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated
Political scientists get the same one vote as some Arkansas inbred
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions

What are we left with?
A nation of god-fearing pregnant nationalists
Who feel it's their duty to populate the homeland
Pass on traditions
How to get ahead religions
And prosperity via simpleton culture

The idiots are taking over

edit on 28-6-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: enjoy

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

S & F for a refreshing take on matters.

IMHO, we are no were near 1920's or 1930's Germany. We are missing some serious variables.

- Germany was a relatively "young" country at that point. Not a lot of historical inertia driving stability.

- They had just lost an entire generation to WWI.

- While we have some economic issues, they were destitute.

- Communism and Fascism were a credible threat in much of Europe. They saw what happened to Russia and wanted no part of it.

- Every election year in this country politicians come along and says they are going to fix everything. Few take them at their word. I will concede if things got really bad, that hot air would intoxicate quite a few not-so-deep thinkers.

- I will also concede inter-war Germany did not have some of the risk factors we have today. The US military is over relied upon in lieu of smart foreign policy. They are stretched too thin if something big happened quickly. Domestically we are far less homogeneous than Germany in that period which can lead to some levels of instability if allowed to fester.

- However, in favor of your argument, Germany makes far better beer and soccer teams (their world cup team this year not withstanding). Better beer and better soccer makes a populous more content and docile. You get hooliganism and such but no one is burning down the Reichstag just yet.

link   
are we talking about the same 1920 germany 'stories' it is illegal to question in half the western world?

link   

originally posted by: proximo
No not even close.

America is entering a golden age. There is no economic dispair. There is no legitimate reason for anyone to be upset.

The fact that so many leftists feel this way demonstrates mental illness, not reality.

History shows that exuberance of "golden age" from yet another housing bubble (S&P 500’s index of homebuilders increasing 75% in 2017) can turn rather quickly into despair when they burst. So don't blindly accept that economy is getting better. The economy won't get better until it can exist without bubbles that increase nothing but burden of personal debt.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Incorrect , I don't live in the US so I don't pay attention to every detail. I asked the question because from where I sit both sides have extremes and are just as screwed up as each other. You feel the left is worse than the right , I think you are wrong .

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Incorrect , I don't live in the US so I don't pay attention to every detail. I asked the question because from where I sit both sides have extremes and are just as screwed up as each other. You feel the left is worse than the right , I think you are wrong .

Then you clearly dont know how to compare evidence.

Its true both sides have extremist factions, but one side is clearly more active than the other, and carrying out more discord, and is being backed by the media and even political leaders.

Research

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
France took key provincial cities and called them territory of the republic of France. French troops occupied the Ruhr. They took every piece of public property back to France as "reparations." Including light posts, fireplugs and manhole covers. They scheduled annual reparations that would have continued for 75 years: until 1983.

Germany was not allowed to have a military Air Force. There were strict limits on the number of cannons Germany could have.

The Weimar had no national guard, and much of lower Germany had no police force. Roving bands of veterans, still in uniform, camped out in the woods and made deals with local villages to protect them in return for a share of the potato crop.

Thousands of children, war orphans, starved to death.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I would say possibly early to mid 1920s. Germany actually was recovering well at that time, and most ignored the doom sayer nazis. I believe they only achieved to get elected 3 candidates into their assembly in the mid 20 elections. The general populace were actually happy.

Then came the 1929 wall street fiasco and debts were called into Germany. The nazi's and Hitler's proproganda took advantage by seeming prophetic and led many astray! We all see how that worked out for Germany.

I can only hope and pray that Americans have faith in our constitution. It does make us stronger as a nation. Never forget that Challenges can always be overcomed. Entitlement idealogy is a road to despair. Responsibility is a road to self-correction and success.

Germany had lost all hope through the proproganda of their time due to losing their self imposed entitlements. The Nazi's were able to lure them into giving up all of their freedoms with smooth talking ideology and feed their entitled egos.

We are ALL equal, so never fall for any proproganda that tries to say that someone is more entitled than you. It is simply proproganda. We must accept responsibility in recognizing that fact. We are all equal. We all make are own decisions. We are all responsible. We are and will be the united citizens of the MELTING POT of America!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Then you clearly dont know how to compare evidence.

Perhaps , well either that or I am looking at this from a neutral point with no investment in either team.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

No, no we aren't. What we do have is the ignorant extremists from both sides flapping their gums.

There will be no civil war, race riots, martial law, or any form of widespread doom. The very vast majority of us on both sides have no intention on fighting each other.

Intention has nothing to do with it. Do you think people of any country intend to go into a civil war and lose family members?

An individual is intelligent, masses are stupid. And masses can be made to go against their own good. I really, really hope it doesn't, but we're capable of it. We are capable of killing our own neighbor.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Any comparison to Nazis Germany is a completely fabricated false narrative designed to instigate cuvil unrest by the left, who are the actual fascists.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

One group is more active AT THE MOMENT because they are in the point of the political cycle in which they feel that they have no voice and no other way to change things.

This happens when one party gains power in government ... both houses of Congress AND the White House.

That happened in 2008, and we saw many very similar actions on the part of groups who felt they had no other voice beginning in 2010.

In 2016, we became one-sided again. There will be a compensation particularly for the next two years beginning this year most intently.

And then the cycle will start again ...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
Any comparison to Nazis Germany is a completely fabricated false narrative designed to instigate cuvil unrest by the left, who are the actual fascists.

Your post serves division and causes nothing more than anxiety, fear and anger.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Nope. Not even close. Not even mid 1960’s America turbulence levels to be honest.

Careful , at least one of us was alive in the 60s
Where was the violence ?
You have to think before you post.

All over. Viet Nam protests for one

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: mkultra11

Your post serves division and causes nothing more than anxiety, fear and anger.

Thats because my post serves the truth.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

- While we have some economic issues, they were destitute.

That will change when America's finally experience an economic collapse due to past policies of the government.

- Every election year in this country politicians come along and says they are going to fix everything. Few take them at their word. I will concede if things got really bad, that hot air would intoxicate quite a few not-so-deep thinkers.

- I will also concede inter-war Germany did not have some of the risk factors we have today. The US military is over relied upon in lieu of smart foreign policy. They are stretched too thin if something big happened quickly. Domestically we are far less homogeneous than Germany in that period which can lead to some levels of instability if allowed to fester.

I think one of the few ways to unite our country currently is by another World War against enemy that's easier to hate.

It wouldn't be China and Russia no, but North Korea. Why North Korea? well because it has ideology that espouses that North Koreans are the master race and right now they have infiltrated South Korea via fifth columnists (The current president Moon Jae In is one of them). Once they reunite the Koreas under their rule, they will attack Japan which will then kick off WW3. It's pretty easy to sell war at that point because all they need to do is show North Koreans committing atrocities against Japan and that they are the modern day Nazis due their master race belief.
edit on 6/28/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

One group is more active AT THE MOMENT because they are in the point of the political cycle in which they feel that they have no voice and no other way to change things.

This happens when one party gains power in government ... both houses of Congress AND the White House.

That happened in 2008, and we saw many very similar actions on the part of groups who felt they had no other voice beginning in 2010.

In 2016, we became one-sided again. There will be a compensation particularly for the next two years beginning this year most intently.

And then the cycle will start again ...

False, in 2008 we saw people def disinfranchised and angry, but we didnt see people carrying out attacks like they are now.

Shooting up members of gov.

Members of gov advocating for the harassment of other gov officials and their families

Members of gov saying they would assassinate the president.

Left wing groups such as BLM and others targeting AND KILLING peace officers and other people they feel arent ideologically in line with them

Protests of THOUSANDS screaming at the sky and yelling for impeachment.

Media advocating for violence.

The comparison is not even close to the same

I respect your opinion as a member and read most of your stuff, and I know you try to be balanced. And yes both sides have extremes, but it is ABUNDANTLY clear that this pendulum swing is much more violent than its predecessor.
edit on 28-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join