It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin-Trump summit to take place in Helsinki on July 16

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Looks like John Bolton was successful in arranging a summit meeting for Trump and Putin !!

They will meet officially in Helsinki Finland on July 16, 2018.

(unless somebody cancels)

This will be extremely productive imo.

The EU will be nervous.

Putin-Trump summit to take place in Helsinki on July 16

U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin will meet on July 16 in Helsinki, the Kremlin and the White House said on Thursday, a first official summit that will be closely watched by nervous U.S. allies in Europe and critics of Russia in America.

The two countries announced the details simultaneously a day after striking a deal on holding the meeting following a visit to Moscow on Wednesday by U.S. national security adviser John Bolton.”The two leaders will discuss relations between the United States and Russia and a range of national security issues,” the White House said in a statement.

Trump and Putin have met twice before on the sidelines of international gatherings.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh TPTB Globalists must me going crazy.

CNN already trying to distort the meeting.

Soon they'll be publishing stories about how bad Russia and Putin is and how he's trying to take over America!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I can tell you the outcome already..... Great guy, strong friendship, powerful leader, its all great, nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Masters of Collusion !!

😎

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I wonder if Trump will fall for Putins tricks, maybe Trump should give the prostitutes a miss this time!!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Am I the only one who thinks this will not go well?

While the MSM play collusion tales, I think the real story is that Trump and Putin have something else in mind. When you cut through all of the BS, the situation between our countries is not going well.

Unlike the former Mr. Flexibility, President Trump hasn't cut the Russians very many breaks.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Am I the only one who thinks this will not go well?

While the MSM play collusion tales, I think the real story is that Trump and Putin have something else in mind. When you cut through all of the BS, the situation between our countries is not going well.

Unlike the former Mr. Flexibility, President Trump hasn't cut the Russians very many breaks.

Not for lack of Trying. Trump has lavished praise on Putin since (and even before) he got in office, and if it weren't for the appearance of impropriety (vis-a-vis the ongoing investigation) he would be inclined to offer many more concessions and easing of sanctions if he could. His own party has desperately been trying to reign him in on Russia, and the 'situation' that you describe not going well between the US and Russia is a function of the Republican hardliners, not Trump.

Strangely for a conspiracy forum I find it interesting that given the coincidence of Trump's proclivities for offer benefits/praise to Russia at every turn seem oddly in line with the conspiracy theory of Russia/Putin pulling Trump's strings. It seems relevant that much of what Trump does/is doing are things that make Putin very very happy.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You aren't getting the Strategy.

You saw and are seeing it with NK.

😎

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You aren't getting the Strategy.

You saw and are seeing it with NK.

😎

the strategy you're only seeing along with the voices you hear that tell you about the strategy?

why will the EU be nervous, when theyve already cozied up with Russia..

why will this be productive? can you elaborate?
or are you just one line trolling hoping for an argument and not a discussion...

so far NK hasn't done anything but release a prisoner and made promises
edit on 28-6-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Oh TPTB Globalists must me going crazy.

CNN already trying to distort the meeting.

Soon they'll be publishing stories about how bad Russia and Putin is and how he's trying to take over America!!!

Really? I saw the story on CNN, and they did not make a negative spin.

Nice to see trump can thank Putin again, in person, for his election victory.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

edit on 28-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why are so many people on ATS opposed to improved relations with Russia? Personally I welcome a chance for a safer world with no wars.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

It isn't as positive as it should be either, but that's ok.

They have their agenda to defend. Making it seem like a danger or a threat to the US.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why are so many people on ATS opposed to improved relations with Russia?

Because they hate Trump no matter what he tries to accomplish.

If it was Obama trying to establish a good foreign relationship he'd be winning nobel prizes everywhere.

Instead he sold the country and the U1 deal.

Personally I welcome a chance for a safer world with no wars.

Amen to that, my friend.

edit on 28/6/2018 by vinifalou because: typO

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Why are so many people on ATS opposed to improved relations with Russia? Personally I welcome a chance for a safer world with no wars.

Primarily because there are many who believe Putin to be a despot who's intentions are to cause everyone else pain for his own benefit.

I know you likely view Putin as some kind of strong saintly savior of Russia or whatever, so its understandable that you would discount any information/evidence that would shift your view of him thus, and therefore think of nothing untoward that could happen if the US abandons its current world role, relinquishes support in all the institutions that we have up to now teamed up with to act as a stalwart against Russia, and facilitated any and all actions Putin can dream up.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

better relationship with Russia would be a welcomed improvement on all fronts.

but the issue will be with the ME and Russia's allies there and the US's enemies there.

2 countries got destroyed over the oil pipeline that will go ahead through Europe. whatever agreements may go down, there will be compromises.

here's to hoping Trump takes a stern stance rather than 'water under the bridge' attitude. Putin is known for honey-potting...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
As further ammunition for my hair brained and not too (unlikely) conspiracy theory, Trump's apparently attempted to weaken the EU by convincing Macron/France to exit for the benefit of a bilateral trade deal with the US.

Newsweek Article

I'm sure Putin is super surprised and upset that Trump would want to weaken the very same institution which he's made his prerogative to weaken and eventually eliminate. Pure coincidence I tell ya!
edit on 26pm18fpmFri, 29 Jun 2018 14:32:17 -0500America/ChicagoFri, 29 Jun 2018 14:32:17 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The EU, especially Germany, France and Italy are preparing provocations for the aftermath of the summit, which as they haven't been able to prevent the summit itself ...

But, aside from those provocations, those who believe that Russia is going to sell out its Relations with China, Iran or North Korea, are going to be severely disappointed.

Somebody better be reminded that, that's not a football championship.
edit on 15-7-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Putin has Trump in his pocket, I thought the same as you when I heard what he said to Macron

This week he caused mayhem at NATO, backstabbed the U.K. pm, lied about backstabbing her but the media he talked to had the audio tapes to prove it

Putin wants America divided and weak, and the Eurozone dismantled and Tarrif in chief Potus is a willing lackey

Seriously this all falls down on the American Inteligence agencies who did not react to the Steel dossier and now in a WTF do we do moment as he is president

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

You talking bananas, u know that right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join