It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Protest Dwindling Economy, Shout 'Death To Palestine"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: SailorJerry

The video is proof huh, a YouTube video now constitutes truth, OK next you will tell me correlation equals causation....

Is that not Tehran? Can you not hear what they are chanting? perhaps you should grab one of those Iranian friends and have them come take a look for you.

If I find a video of Americans chanting death to Iran does that make it representative of America as a whole?

Or just a fringe group of lunatics?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Huh so twitter is a source of truth now...

Why would I post a source as truth? The media is one giant Bull# farm, reality is you like the Bull# smell from the media you consume.

My point is that Bull# is just that, it's full of # and therefor not palatable, well unless you really like the taste of #.

If I post a video of American people in America talking about killing black people is that representative of all Americans?

If you have thousands in thr streets doing that it tells you theres a problem. In Iran there is 2 groups you have rural citizens that back the mullahs. And in cities people have them and see them as a threat to the Iranian people.

The conflict is real we are just seeing to cultures clash. Iran has a problem most of the older adults were killed in the Iran Iraq war. So most the people below 30 are a major force in Iran being the largest group. They see the Mullahs as outdated old men.

I don't doubt for a second that a percentage of Iranians are against this. We are at a point of population that many different ideologies are clashing.

You say thousands in the street is proof of a problem, can you honestly say any country is immune, all countries have regular protests numbering in the thousands, do we not?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What are you disputing?
That there is an amount greater than zero of social unrest in Iran or That twitter is portraying an amount greater than zero of social unrest in Iran?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Why would I bother,

Because you made the accusation that it was false.

you are free to go about your days blindfolded to reality that's a choice only you can make

The Irony in this statement considering you refuse to believe ANY of the sources provided even straight from Tehran , is hilarious.

If you choose to let artificial entities make up your mind for you that is absolutely your decision and yours only to make.

Like the artificial reality you live in where images direct from said incident , is somehow considered fake?

I'm not making accusations ,I'm sharing my opinion and disagreeing with yours.

You claimed it wasnt true, I provided numerous sources that refuted your claim, yet you, somehow come up with nothing in return.

Anyhow don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.... Carry on..

Likewise, dont let truth get in the way of your unreasonable delusions, but uhh, do me a favor, ask your Iranian friends about the recent protests

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

If I find a video of Americans chanting death to Iran does that make it representative of America as a whole?

In Iran where protests are permitted by the authorities, they are political and planned, so there's the oft repeated mantra "death to the US/Israel/UK/Greenland", replete with flags to burn and state-supplied camera crews. Protests are an arm of government and propaganda.

Unofficial and "real" protests don't have all that, except a heavy police presence and quite a lot of people shot, detained and brutalised.
edit on 28/6/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You say thousands in the street is proof of a problem, can you honestly say any country is immune, all countries have regular protests numbering in the thousands, do we not?

LoL you claimed it didnt happen.

Then when provided with proof that it HAS been happening, and what my op said they were chanting was real, now youre trying to move the goal post?

your credibility is shot.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Sigh... I didn't claim it wasn't true, I claimed the media have not been factual, I claim the media is adding spin to get people worked up about it ( hows that working for you
).

Again I'm not claiming I know exactly what's going on either I'm simply pointing out neither do you so regurgitating media packages as truth of current events is disingenuous. Like I said don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

In Iran where protests are permitted by the authorities, they are political and planned, so there's the oft repeated mantra "death to the US/Israel/UK/Greenland", replete with flags to burn and state-supplied camera crews. Protests are an arm of government and propaganda.

Unofficial and "real" protests don't have all that, except a heavy police presence and quite a lot of people shot, detained and brutalised.

I dont think anyone, IN THE HISTORY OF TIME, has burned a flag of greenland. Even accidentally.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Sigh... I didn't claim it wasn't true, I claimed the media have not been factual, I claim the media is adding spin to get people worked up about it ( hows that working for you).

And yet, the chant i provided with video is exactly what my op stated , so where does that leave you?

Again I'm not claiming I know exactly what's going on either I'm simply pointing out neither do you so regurgitating media packages as truth of current events is disingenuous. Like I said don't let the truth get in the way of a good sto

Yet my claim was supported by the video both in the OP and from Youtube AND the tweets FROM Tehran.

Im not sure how much more clear it can be that its not a false report, coming from the mouths of the people there.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

I dont think anyone, IN THE HISTORY OF TIME, has burned a flag of greenland. Even accidentally.

Hah

I think Greenland, Norway, and Iceland all have that in common.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Like anywhere with heavy oppression there is always and underground rebellion movement.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Then when provided with proof that it HAS been happening, and what my op said they were chanting was real, now youre trying to move the goal post?

Credibility, OK then if you say so, now shouldn't you be finding some sources that confirm your credibility....

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Sigh... I didn't claim it wasn't true, I claimed the media have not been factual, I claim the media is adding spin to get people worked up about it ( hows that working for you
).

Again I'm not claiming I know exactly what's going on either I'm simply pointing out neither do you so regurgitating media packages as truth of current events is disingenuous. Like I said don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Well claiming the media isnt factual is claiming ot wasn't true. You contradicted yourself in the first sentence you typed.

Now your welcome to show the media is wrong and people are not protesting . Like you imply but you would have to start by showing videos being posted from Irainians are fake.

So if the media is wrong by all means show us i think propaganda should be exposed when they lie.

But i have a feeling your opinions aren't based on facts at all. You have a reason you want to believe an alternate reality

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

Like anywhere with heavy oppression there is always and underground rebellion movement.

And when that movement boils over tens of thousands are arrested gassed and shot at. For a minor movement these people are pitting their lives on the line. The mullahs have shown that in the past they have no problem killing their citizens

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

).

There are powers that would be interested in inciting protests and even insurrection in iran. But that doesnt mean than there isnt a segment of the iran people READY to be riled up. I used to come in contact with a LOT of iranian families that were..... well to do. And everyone of them was outspoken in there displeasure with theocracy. Maybe i was just exposed to the wealthy secular iranians. Combine that with the green revolution of 2009 and i think it establishes enough to suggest that there is a portion of the people in iran who are tired of the status quo.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah I think I realised I don't want to argue the point as it is futile, so my answers get shorter with less effort.

I will leave you with this, most people no matter where in the world they are from are centrists, they just want to live happily and get along with life, only the fringe of nutcases want to hate and cause trouble.

If you think entire countries of people want to kill you for whatever reason your an idiot ( not you personally) ,so yes the video is cherry picked and not representative of how the average Iranian feels....

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Hah

I think Greenland, Norway, and Iceland all have that in common.

Go to google and type in any one of those countries and the word "women". THATS why noone burns their flag. They are like factories turning out a bunch of super models. Trumps right. Lets get some more of those Norwegians. Cause daaaaaaaaaaamn

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Credibility, OK then if you say so, now shouldn't you be finding some sources that confirm your credibility....

I did , multiple times, so either you have refused to look at them or theres some reading comprehension issues going on.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

).

There are powers that would be interested in inciting protests and even insurrection in iran. But that doesnt mean than there isnt a segment of the iran people READY to be riled up. I used to come in contact with a LOT of iranian families that were..... well to do. And everyone of them was outspoken in there displeasure with theocracy. Maybe i was just exposed to the wealthy secular iranians. Combine that with the green revolution of 2009 and i think it establishes enough to suggest that there is a portion of the people in iran who are tired of the status quo.

Youre not, there are plenty of poor families I have come in contact with here in the US that express the same displeasure, which is why they immigrated here.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This was bound to happen eventually they can only support these organizations for so long when their back under scrutiny and crunching their economy. Some of these folks they trained and armed are going to come back around and pay them a visit when they can no longer support them.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join