It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin: ‘No Doubt’ Abortion Will Be Illegal In 20 States In 18 Months

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Common sense suggests I don't equate rape to "having a baby". Just about every last person acknowledges a victim of rape should have a choice.

Here's another lefty however attempting to refute a general rule of thumb with the most extreme circumstance.

See, lefties can't grasp the grey area, the area between the black and the white. So when a more normal and common opinion suggests two consenting individuals fornicating should raise the baby they created instead of murder it, a lefty jumps in and says, well whatabout"ism" the illegal MS13 banger who raped the innocent woman in a dark alley on her way home from work.

As if that's what anyone's arguing about. And if I were to amuse myself with your argument, that most abortions and most opinions on abortions are a result of MS13 rapes, well it's then confounding you all want open borders and floods of illegals, ain't it.
edit on 27-6-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Does the supreme court have any cases on the docket that challenge Roe v. Wade? Is it quick and easy to get the Supreme Court to take a case like this? (I thought they usually ended up in circuit courts.)
Is a Trump appointee going to change things that much over a Regan appointee?
I'm honestly not trolling or being provocative, I just don't know if the sky is really falling or if the press is just looking for a juicy story.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
For the record, I am against abortion and I think it is a terrible and unfortunate decision that is sometimes made.
Main point being, "decision" that "someone" needed to make.
Not your decision to make for them.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Does the supreme court have any cases on the docket that challenge Roe v. Wade? Is it quick and easy to get the Supreme Court to take a case like this? (I thought they usually ended up in circuit courts.)
I'm honestly not trolling or being provocative, I just don't know if the sky is really falling or if the press is just looking for a juicy story.

There are several States that have been pushing the limits of how far they can regulate abortions inside their territory, those are tied up in courts and could be appealed upward.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

Best question of the thread! Obviously the sock puppet who wrote this article doesn't know either. If you look up his back ground nothing in it says he is fortune teller or could predict the future!
#RESIST
edit on 27-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If Mr. Toobin wants to put money on his prediction, I'll mortgage my house. Abortion will be just as legal in 18 months as it is today.

I think the Democratic Party is trying to find anything to rally its base for midterms. The Russian Collusion thing isn't getting anywhere. The Stormy Daniels story isn't getting traction. Once you get past the emotional appeal, the Kids in Cages isn't getting the desired results. It's too early to tell if the tariffs are going to work or not. The Democrats would have a hard time attacking Trump on Syria or North Korea. School's out, so no school shootings.

I believe the Party also sees a potential problem with its minority base. African Americans and Latinos may feel the Party has neglected them in favor or illegal immigrants. They may believe Trump and Republicans are racists, but what has the Democratic Party done for them?

Kennedy's retirement is a bit of a gift for them. "Oh no! Trump could pick a Supreme Court Judge! Abortions will be outlawed! Vote Democrat to stop this!"

It's not a bad play, really. The MSM could talk about this all summer until school starts. Nothing to lose, and it's sure to get some women voters to the polls.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There is a hell of a lot of speculation in this thread.

We all know what happens when one assumes.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Auto correct bs

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

And what makes a bunch of stuffy old men in suits think they have a right to control MY body??? I am not the most liberal person but this is a no-brainer

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I'll have to watch this as it develops. I just didn't know if replacing a Republican Judge with a Republican Judge would be that devastating, but I guess if he was the frequent swing-vote it could change the ideology of the courts rulings.

At this time, until Trump nominates a new Judge, I suppose this is all just speculation.

edit on 27-6-2018 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Like Democrats did with the kids separated from their law-breaking illegal immigrant parents and traffickers, they can get lots of "fear mileage" out of this abortion issue, if they play their hate-card right.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

They’ve tried to overturn Roe numerous times, what makes you think they won't with a sure thing?

Many, and I mean many, people are fanatical about abortion.

It's a good bet they’ll try to overturn it.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
A good primer, when's the sky screaming start or did it already?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Liberation means telling other people how they have to act and creating Laws that control other people

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Like Democrats did with the kids separated from their law-breaking illegal immigrant parents and traffickers, they can get lots of "fear mileage" out of this abortion issue, if they play their hate-card right.

The only group that get fear mileage out of the abortion issue is the GOP. Its amazing how you try to say its DEMS. So many people voted for Trump because of the this one issue. Its how he won the conservative "Christians" votes.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

They’ve tried to overturn Roe numerous times, what makes you think they won't with a sure thing?

Many, and I mean many, people are fanatical about abortion.

It's a good bet they’ll try to overturn it.

The GOP at the state level has been putting in laws they know will get challenged in hopes of getting a sympathetic court to over turn Roe V Wade. Now they will likely get their wish.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
55% percent of Americans think abortion is morally wrong. Or we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Pro-abortion is mostly harridans from the 70s. Many of whom are pushing 70. Young Americanas are way more anti abortion than there parents.

The Supreme Court, IF the next judge is conservative, will just be becoming...

Populist.

There I said it.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I don't care who is in the Supreme court.

They will not overturn Row vs. Wade any more than the Dems were going to repeal the 2nd amendment.

Political bias has nothing to do with the law.

Fear mongering at it's finest.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

...I think the Democratic Party is trying to find anything to rally its base for midterms.
Kennedy's retirement is a bit of a gift for them. "Oh no! Trump could pick a Supreme Court Judge! Abortions will be outlawed! Vote Democrat to stop this!"

It's not a bad play, really. The MSM could talk about this all summer until school starts. Nothing to lose, and it's sure to get some women voters to the polls.

Exactly. It's a tactic and pretty see-through at that...except to those prone to emotional propaganda.

It is exciting news for the poor battered Constitution however. It needs some relief from those that twist & disingenuously contort its words into anti-American pretzels.

For those that think that Willtell holds mutually exclusive and contradictory viewpoints in his head, you must understand that Will is a Trump supporter that doesn't know it yet---he hates globalism and the deep state too he just thinks P-Trump is part of their plan. Shhh...don't tell him he got on the right train by accident though---it's starting to break free of his subconscious all on its own.
Love ya, Will, we've hit them bastids hard together elsewhere and we tight no matter what---you know that.

edit on 28-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

If you don't love your baby, shouldn't have had it in the first place.

I'm not for abortions, but I do see a time and place for them. What I don't like is when abortions are used as a form of profit and become first choice based on advice that sees them as profit.

Abortions is a dead horse politically... But it is used as a tool by the left every elections...

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow yall want to mobilize the Dems to beat Trump in the next election really badly huh??

Way to pick the ONE ISSUE that will unite them.

Just signed your own death warrant.

Y'all will love Madam President Zombie Hitlery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join