It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos showing North Korea is still working on upgrading its nuclear facility .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

First if this has been posted sorry did not see any post .
Now being yahoo news I clicked on someone who is better may want to help find other sources .

It is early yet But facts are cats if this is true and NK is still working on nuk teck is better we know sooner then later .
The big question is WHAT now ?
we tried giving money year after year till finly KIm had working nuks we now tried a face to face and still if true KIm is hell bound to keep improving his nuks and making more .

What now ? A War no ones wins ? It wont be NK against the US it will be china Russia and NK against the US .
as for teh countrys who use to back up teh US we are losing out to all the other things in force that effect our so called friends and I cant immange we will get the kind of backing we did in Iraq .

Lord knows I hope the Human race comes to its sences But honstly even if NK denuks its only a matter of time befor someone else has them and Uses one after all tehy learned it from US .

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
ment to post this in breaking political news
But truly it is madness so this form works better .

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Just had a Colin Powell flashback for some reason...
This seems to be an article of rogue speculation that lacks any sort of actual intel behind it.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The source , 38 North , seem legit and have a history of calling these things so it may well be true , the question is would anyone be surprised if it's true.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So that's the plan, lure the yanks in, befriend them, and then infiltrate and destroy DC from the inside, could work

Secondly, that's a Yahoo article, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
NK has a bunch of very rich soil- mining it would be very profitable, but they lack the ability to get that equipment.

So, why not use the tried and true "they have wmd's!" cry to send in the military and wipe out their government, and install a 'democratic' one that we can do 'business' with like we have in so many other third world nations?
Then we could buy out their resources for pennies on the dollar.

The 'why not' part of my question was sarcastic, for the record. I'm just saying, it seems a lot like the national leaders of this planet aren't interested in peace, it seems a lot like they're shooting for the opposite.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The source , 38 North , seem legit and have a history of calling these things so it may well be true , the question is would anyone be surprised if it's true.

That they do, but this facility is a power facility and not a nuclear weapons fuel processing plant so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Nuclear power isn't a problem.

Determining the operational status of the reactor is particularly difficult at this time. Although a small water discharge is visible from the cooling water outfall pipe going into the river, that discharge is less than has been observed previously when the reactor was fully operational. It may simply be that this is all the water needed at this time to carry away the heat from the residual radioactivity in the reactor, if the reactor is currently shut down. Additionally, unlike last February, no visible steam is being vented from the generator building that would confirm that the reactor is operating, but we cannot rule out that this is simply due to the time of year and insufficient image resolution. (Figure 2)

They have made no confirmations that it is even running.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well now I will be relived if its just a power plant with no ability to make weapons grad stuff .
as for yahoo yea its sucks as news .
now if its verified its just a power plant then alls still good .
I was hoping someone would debunk yahoo news lol

ok another reply puts it as NK needing some kind of cooling to be kept working and again if so then all is good .
Ps I do hope its just yahoo garbage more then anyone .
I hate nuks no matter who has them Humans are still children and children should not be playing with high explosives .
edit on 27-6-2018 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Because research facilities can only be used for 1 purpose? Maybe they are remodeling so they can transform the facilities to another use.

These photos prove nothing.

I think the president is well informed on whatever is or is not happening and I don't think he turns to Yahoo for his intelligence.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

This isn't about debunking.

The new infrastructure is there.

I just think a lot of people conflate nuclear reactors with weapons, to include the source material used by Yahoo.

What I wish we had were some details on the agreements the US and NK made and exactly what they mean by denuclearization. If denuclearization means to have ZERO fissile material at all, or if it only relates to the building and maintaining of nuclear arms manufacturing facilities.

I can't imagine nuclear power stations are a problem.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I suppose it could be a way of trying to hide their continuing weapons program , I guess a power plant could be converted into a dual use site if it needed to.

I believe Mr Kim is playing his fathers game , subterfuge wouldn't surprise me his father was a master of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hasn't North Korea done this before? They act crazy and threatening, then they open up talks and let a few (guided) reporters in.

I wonder if trump knows he might be being played. It was disturbing that trump praised Kim so much. Saying how his people adored him and how good of a leader he was.

Either trump is playing a hidden game or he's just that ignorant.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I agree with you, Kim isn't stupid and had plenty of time to learn from his father. Being China's ally and having a nuke (as mutual destruction) while playing nice with the u.s. Is probably his best play.

Hopefully a reckoning will come to that regime and end the people's suffering without screwing over South Korea.

edit on 27-6-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I've already stated that I think Kim Jung-un is being deceptive as always and that he is just buying time for himself. To me it looked like the talks were an attempt to make himself look better after his nuclear test site had already collapsed on its own.

The issue I see right now is that with the trade war tensions, if things should escalate with NK, we no longer have any hope of having an ally in China, who could have minimized the fallout.

Maybe it's all going the way it's supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Interesting to see how this will pan out. I really think everyone should give Trump the chance to pull it through, as long as he doesn't make any bigger concessions to our enemies. But if it turns out he makes a fool of himself, I hope his supporters will have the backbone to admit that. I've told people he deserves the Nobel price (certainly more than Obama did) if he even only manages to end the war officially, as long as that doesn't mean abandoning Asian allies to Chinese hegemony.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm so SHOCKED!

Believe me!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
I've already stated that I think Kim Jung-un is being deceptive as always and that he is just buying time for himself. To me it looked like the talks were an attempt to make himself look better after his nuclear test site had already collapsed on its own.

Would love to see the NK edited visual media versions of the Tump visit.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I'm so SHOCKED!

Believe me!

You know our conditioning so well! Now that you said "Believe me!" we all have to believe you! Arggghhh!

Tricksy, tricksy... I like it.

Edit: and yes me too, I'm sure it makes him look great. I saw a photo of him and Pompeo that NK released recently and you can tell it was chosen carefully. Here I'll try to find it and post it below.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Here this one:

How many normal photos were there that they could have released that didn't make Pompeo look so excited to shake hands with the dear leader? And Kim like he's laughing at that?

Imagine the captions for that photo inside Kim's propaganda newspapers?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sounds like we need to hit them again with our space-based particle beam weapons. You know, the ones we spent billions on and we don't have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join