It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-Cloud (UK) Photo ENHANCED (June 2018)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: peacefulpete

He did NOT increase colour he increased CONTRAST two totally different things.

This is increased contrast

Sorry, no, you're misunderstanding the video (and the photo).

It is increased colors ONLY.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO INCREASED CONTRAST.

It's even stated several times in the video, that the ONLY THING BEING DONE IS INCREASING THE COLORS.

That's why it's so amazing that such a dramatic image results from doing nothing but increasing the colors!

(Heck, you can do it yourself, and you can see for yourself. The original photo has been embedded in the last page of the thread, as well as linked to on MUFON's website. You can download the image, and ramp up the colors a few times, and you will end up with the same image.)

edit on 28-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

stranger things have happened before, look at the third picture and imagine insteda of a airship like object a bowl turned to the ground and you are seeing the inside of it (dark part) and the rim of the bowl (white part)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I have downloaded the image and that image I posted from the video is because of increased CONTRAST.

This is one of the pictures CONTRAST only adjustment

I have been taking pictures for 40 years next year get it

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I have downloaded the image and that image I posted from the video is because of increased CONTRAST.

This is one of the pictures CONTRAST only adjustment

I have been taking pictures for 40 years next year get it

Nope.

The video ONLY SHOWS INCREASED COLORS. NOT INCREASED CONTRAST.

There is absolutely no contrast manipulation in any of the photos.

Your supposed 40 years of photo-taking are not serving you well.

Plus, anyone can download the original photo (which has been linked to, and embedded in this thread). So download it, open it in Picasa (free photo-editing program), and increase the dark and light colors a few times. You end up with that same dark version of the photo. No contrast-manipulation involved.

You're actually validating how mysterious the sighting is, for you to argue that it couldn't have been made, the way that it was.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
well, it's impressive looking, whether a super-defined cloud or a giant mothership. nice pics

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
For me that crisp line is the most interesting feature of this "cloud" . I have seen clouds that look like UFO's before but this.. it definitely seems more defined than most. If we can cloak our technology it is silly to think another species cannot do the same and much more. Not only that but I have seen craft that mimic normal aircraft and shift.. some fly backwards... all kinds of thing to avoid detection. Nice find!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
No doubt it's a very cool shot, and one I doubt nature will repeat any time soon. It looks to me as a rain filled lenticular cloud. Not common - but not unheard of.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: blueman12

Supposed Disk shape UFO sitings don't originate from fiction stories.

never said it did.

It was actually born from others not properly expressing what Kenneth Arnold initially described witnessing.

After that many claimed to see saucers when Arnold's claim was more boomerang shape.

It was fictional in a way when it was first described because it it wasn't a factual description when it newspapers claimed Kenneth Arnold saw a saucer and from there people started seeing them or describing them as such.

You know, we don't see this fact talked about enough in UFO-ville.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The resolution of the photo implies that they had a smartphone capable of taking video.

So...

Why the f*** would someone NOT take video in this situation?

I would assume it didn't just fly off in 1 second.

The mentality behind taking a still image only, when you are capable of taking video, is so retarded I can't understand it.

So...
In the words of Shark Tank. For those reasons, I'm out.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
^The description on MUFON's site just has the witness mentioning that his phone won't take video right now.

I don't find it hard to believe that someone's phone won't take video, for whatever reason. Some phones are old and really don't work well, very slow and laggy / glitchy.

Or maybe his phone was just mostly filled up with videos already (if he takes a lot of vids of his friends and family, for example.)

Or maybe he dropped it and it won't work right lol.

There could be all kinds of reasons that someone's phone won't take video, at any particular moment.

Here is my post from a different page, which quotes the witness' description:

www.mufon.com...

^All you need to do is fill in the one box for Case Number, about halfway down the page. Type "92772," submit, and you will see the listing of this case:

"Theirs not much to tell i went out for a cigarette and had a strange feeling to look up, at first glance it just appears to be clouds but the shape just seems too perfect and it was fairly windy at the time with clouds moving quickly past but the object just stayed still. I had an uneasy feeling and that’s what prompted me to take the photos. I would have got video too but my iphone has seen better days and video is not working."

edit on 29-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

perfect and it was fairly windy at the time with clouds moving quickly past but the object just stayed still.
So, it was acting like a lenticular cloud? Lenticulars are associated with strong wind.

edit on 6/29/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Here are the Image properties for original image 3024 x 4032 pixels 87112 unique colours ANYTHING to increase colour is adding information so did you change hue/saturation levels

The contrast adjusted image I posted which you claim looks like your colour increased image has over 207,000 unique colours and is not a true representation of the image.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Here are the Image properties for original image 3024 x 4032 pixels 87112 unique colours ANYTHING to increase colour is adding information so did you change hue/saturation levels

The contrast adjusted image I posted which you claim looks like your colour increased image has over 207,000 unique colours and is not a true representation of the image.

I don't really understand what you've been saying about the image you posted. Are you saying that you personally adjusted the contrast for that one image? And if you did, so what?

Regardless, the photo in the vid was changed by increasing its light and dark colors. Nothing was done to its contrast.

Blabbing about how many thousands of colors, is meaningless. Of course the final darkened image will have more thousands of colors, I guess. (I hadn't really thought about it before, but yeah, that makes sense that there's more colors in the darkened image.) And of course, if the colors are increased, then it's "not a true representation of the image." Well right, the colors are wrong once we manipulate the colors lol.

But the good thing is that manipulating colors doesn't change the original imagery, only its colors.

Hue was not changed (unless it changed automatically, from increasing the light and dark colors).

If you look at Picasa (free photo editor) there is an easy sliding bar to increase "fill light" and also "shadows."

In effect, yeah it's making the colors oversaturated.

But it's not changing the image besides oversaturating the colors.

There's also an option to "sharpen" which was not used, and which is apparently the option to increase the contrast (and introduce new artifacts which were not part of the original). Again, this was not used.

So here's my earlier screenshot from the video, showing the darkest version of the photo.

Pretty amazing, how crazy the photo looks, just from increasing its colors, right?

Also I bet this is how it would have looked in person, if you were wearing a pair of dark sunglasses lol.

Imagine looking up, through sunglasses, and seeing this lol:

edit on 30-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Terrain in the Harrogate region is quite flat. Lenticular clouds form when fast moving humid air is pushed up passing over a mountain, thus cooling. In this case there doesn't seem to be any indication of fast moving air rising up over higher terrain.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Nope. The video ONLY SHOWS INCREASED COLORS. NOT INCREASED CONTRAST. There is absolutely no contrast manipulation in any of the photos.

Is that your video?

How could you possibly know other than simply believing what the guy in the video says he has done to the images?

Regardless, the photo in the vid was changed by increasing its light and dark colors. Nothing was done to its contrast.

Do you not understand what you just posted?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

How could you possibly know other than simply believing what the guy in the video says he has done to the images?

Do you not understand what you just posted?

We know because we have the ORIGINAL PHOTOS FROM MUFON.

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL PHOTO:

www.mufoncms.com...

Anyone can download it and play with the colors yourselves. Increase the light and dark colors and you get the dark images seen in the vid.

I actually wanted to post photos showing this but the ATS uploader is being glitchy with uploading my pics, and I have no idea why. In hopes of making it work better, I deleted my uploaded pics, but it still won't upload certain pics from my Mac, and apparently deleting my uploads ruined every embedded image I ever posted lol. (So I apologize to everyone for dead embedded pics in older posts, it is such a strange process to embed pics in this forum lol.)

I do understand what I posted: Increasing the colors is not the same thing as manipulating contrast, right?!

(Here is a web page explaining these various terms of image-manipulation:

www.steves-digicams.com...)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

We know because we have the ORIGINAL PHOTOS FROM MUFON. HERE IS THE ORIGINAL PHOTO: www.mufoncms.com... Anyone can download it and play with the colors yourselves. Increase the light and dark colors and you get the dark images seen in the vid.

That is what the poster did that you say doesn't know what they are on about.

They posted a pic that is identical to the image in the video.

The image in the video looks like its contrast was adjusted.

I do understand what I posted: Increasing the colors is not the same thing as manipulating contrast, right?!

Why not read your link or any definition of what contrast is in photography and then look at what was done to the image in the video.

Its contrast was adjusted to make the cloud stand out.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Also I bet this is how it would have looked in person, if you were wearing a pair of dark sunglasses lol. Imagine looking up, through sunglasses, and seeing this lol:

Just look at the image.

What sun glasses are this dark that would illegal to wear while operating a motor vehicle?

What sun glasses make things so dark like the roof you cannot see any detail just black?

Welders glasses yes, but sun glasses?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

No, that's not at all what the other poster did:

When I said I didn't know what he was going on about, it's because I literally did not understand, at first, what he was saying, and what his point was.

First I thought he was simply posting a screenshot from the vid, which he seemed to be claiming was contrast-adjusted.

And then he seemed to say that he actually downloaded the screenshot, and contrast-enhanced it himself... To apparently make the point that it ends up looking similar to the end-image in the vid.

Well so OK, I did understand what he was saying, as of his last post, a few days ago.

But it's all just pointless. He could have just downloaded the original photo, AND INCREASED THE COLORS, and it would have validated the process used in the video.

Instead he would seem to be bending over backwards to NOT validate the process used, and trying to confuse the whole topic by doing something irrelevant and misleading. lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

We know because we have the ORIGINAL PHOTOS FROM MUFON. HERE IS THE ORIGINAL PHOTO: www.mufoncms.com... Anyone can download it and play with the colors yourselves. Increase the light and dark colors and you get the dark images seen in the vid.

Why not read your link or any definition of what contrast is in photography and then look at what was done to the image in the video.

Its contrast was adjusted to make the cloud stand out.

I'm increasingly in disbelief over your posts. Just like my other thread. You seem disingenuous and argumentative.

You can stop claiming that the video shows contrast-adjusted images. It doesn't.

It shows color-manipulated images.

If you want to play semantics, and argue that increasing colors is the same as contrast-enhancement, you're simply wrong.

They are considered two different processes. I just posted a link to a photography webpage that explains it. Here is the link again.

www.steves-digicams.com...

edit on 1-7-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join