It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-Cloud (UK) Photo ENHANCED (June 2018)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
Point taken, the vid does take 90 seconds to introduce the subject, in general.

On the other hand, the thumbnail shows the original pic, which is also linked to (on MUFON's site), and the OP of this thread shows the darkest version of the photo, without needing to watch the video. So all the content is already laid-out, without even watching it lol.

*shrugs*

No, I mean that fifteen minutes later we would have been able to see if the cloud dissipated, changed shape, or did some other thing to show that it wasn't a solid object and just a cloud. Assuming that alien UFOs just don't randomly evaporate or change into the shape of a bunny.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Obviously the skeptics and debunkers will say that there is nothing interesting about a cloud lol.

However, it becomes interesting if we imagine that advanced craft might have cloaking technology, and it could include manipulating cloud vapor to surround the craft, and basically disguise it as a cloud, so it could hide in plain sight.

You'd think they would do a better job disguising themselves as a normal everyday cloud then, rather than a weird cloud.

Haha yeah it's still a huge question why some sightings seem to feature craft which seem so indifferent to being seen.

However, they always do seem to keep a certain boundary of never quite showing their craft as completely, plainly visible.

It would seem that while they don't care about humans seeing their craft indirectly, they also won't let it be seen clear enough to be 100% confirmed.

I figure that's because they know that some (or most) humans can't handle the knowledge of alien life, and if the knowledge was forced upon us, a lot of people would go crazy.

So they show enough (of their craft) to provide obvious signs for those who are looking. While not showing enough, that people can stay in denial as long as they want to / need to.

That's how it seems to me.

We are a primitive species that needs to get a handle on its own primitive nature, before many / most people can handle bigger concepts like alien life.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I would have liked to see a photo of it 15 minutes later.

Two possible outcomes there.
If it's a cloud, it has dissipated.
If it's a UFO, it has moved on.

What's really needed is possibly a 15 to 20 minute video.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think they are awesome shots for just a regular guy out having a smoke. Ya know. At least he was able to capture the thing. I woulda been shaking from excitement 😂
edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
it's a lenticular cloud captured at a weird angle and with two clous in the sides giving the illusion of a voluminous object while in reality its a bowl shaped lenticular cloud

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Lenticular clouds, as someone rightly pointed out this is, are often reported as UFO's. Try doing an image search of them and you will see why.

Mufon should be pickier in what they chose to accept.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Picky? Seriously?

mufoncms.com...
Here's one of the pics:
www.mufoncms.com...

Have fun. It takes a while to load:
www.mufon.com...

edit on 6/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
it's a lenticular cloud captured at a weird angle and with two clous in the sides giving the illusion of a voluminous object while in reality its a bowl shaped lenticular cloud

I understand what you're describing, but this is one of these cases of the mundane explanation being so unlikely, that I would just rather consider it unexplained.

I mean, the most mundane explanation is a freak occurrence of 3 clouds, a lenticular plus 2 more that just happen to arrange themselves all into a bowl-shape...? lol.

Even if true, that would be such a bizarre and unlikely set of factors coming together, that we might as well just admit that this is a mysterious sighting.

edit on 27-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Two possible outcomes there.
If it's a cloud, it has dissipated.
If it's a UFO, it has moved on.

Lenticular clouds can persist for hours. But you missed another option. It could have changed shape and looked less flying saucery.

I miss flying saucers. I guess these guys didn't get the upgrade.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Lenticular clouds, as someone rightly pointed out this is, are often reported as UFO's. Try doing an image search of them and you will see why.

Mufon should be pickier in what they chose to accept.

I've heard about lenticular clouds, for just about my whole life. They are a staple of the mundane explanations for any sighting that might resemble clouds.

While I have always understood the basic idea, on the other hand, I would probably be amazed if some dramatic "lenticular clouds" were hovering over my house lol.

So let's bring on a slew of classic photos of lenticular clouds. All explainable, perhaps, but at some point, the visual spectacle would outweigh whatever supposedly mundane explanation there is, at least for me, and then I'd wonder if there was something more to it:

^Definitely nothing mysterious or interesting, right?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Your #s 4 and 5 aren't lenticulars.

Nothing mysterious.

But certainly beautiful.

And wonderful for soaring.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Interesting yes, but unexplained no. In fact there was one over Anchorage a few weeks back that looked just like the pic in the OP and yes mixed in with other clouds. We see that often.

The most dramatic I've seen was in southern Utah. I remember as a child fantasizing there was a UFO inside those clouds. Then I learned about them in school and it shattered the illusion.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

OK, I looked and yes, had a lot of fun. A good time was had by all.

It certainly does nothing to attract serious minded people to the topic.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I will have to conclude its a lenticular cloud like the one below:

Lenticular cloud similar to the original post image

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Children seeing shapes in clouds.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

The guy in the video hasn't a clue what he is doing increasing colours my ass CONTRAST yes colours NO

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

The guy in the video hasn't a clue what he is doing increasing colours my ass CONTRAST yes colours NO

^ I'm not sure if you misunderstood, but OP vid is literally only increasing the colors.

And so the image remains the same, when increasing the colors.

The reason the vid DOESN'T increase contrast is because doing that would change the actual image. Increased contrast produces details and artifacts that were not part of the original picture.

Increased colors, only, leave the original image unchanged, while bringing out the original image much more.

(Don't you guys have any experience at all, with digital images? lol.)

edit on 28-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Interesting yes, but unexplained no. In fact there was one over Anchorage a few weeks back that looked just like the pic in the OP and yes mixed in with other clouds. We see that often.

The most dramatic I've seen was in southern Utah. I remember as a child fantasizing there was a UFO inside those clouds. Then I learned about them in school and it shattered the illusion.

^ I have to point out that learning how lenticular clouds form, doesn't automatically mean that they are NEVER cloaked craft.

And if a kid had the thought that there was an alien craft hiding in some lenticular clouds, I would consider it a real possibility.

The idea of cloaked craft is simple, at least re: clouds. All a craft would need to do is surround itself with water vapor, and then bam, it would look just like a lenticular cloud.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Nothing more than a smooth, sharp edged lenticular cloud. These clouds have been mistaken for UFOs for decades, if not hundred's of years. Like someone else stated...if this guy took pictures of this cloud anomaly, sequentially for 10 minutes, the cloud would've been seen breaking up.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

He did NOT increase colour he increased CONTRAST two totally different things.

This is increased contrast

edit on 28-6-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join