It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis Day 2018.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
You state all those problems, but I still wish our was your country.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

And that is exactly what our Gooberments and medical establishment would have you believe.

The only way people become paranoid/delusional whilst smoking Weed is by continuously smoking crazy strong potent strains of the stuff.

Christ the same thing would happen to anyone who drinks Vodka/Whiskey in copious amounts.

How long do you imagine the rest of the pharmaceutical products we have on the market stay in our systems?

Things like the antidepressant and antipsychotics that our Doctors hand out like sweeties.

Tell you this it's far longer than Cannabis stays in our system and far worse in the long term for our bodies.

Just a thought.
edit on 28-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: andy06shake

PMSL I know cops and probation officers who are on the party scene on the sly!
Cops don't care about drugs here just anti-social behaviour and public order.
You can be off your nut but behave and it will slide. Everyone knows the smack heads but so long as they behave they get a pass.
Cops chase the crime of addicts like theft, not the crime of possession anymore.

In Corrections here MJ use by employees is sorta Nudge Nudge Wink Wink.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake Look Andy you know I have a deep respect for you after all these years on here. When it comes to cannabis and this is only from people I know it has had a big effect on some of them and taken its toll. One of my friends ws on it for a year and ended up in a mental asylum after the Slayer records he was listening to started giving him commands to go out and do things as they instructed. Still not the same now and on some government drud espiradol or something. Another friend suddenly announced the water supply in his house was being meddled with by Asian doctors who had visited him at home and they had diverted PURE liquid '___' into his taps and the only way to escape was by getting to British Aerospace to pick up no 13 ticket especially reservd for him on a one way trip to a base on the dark side of the moon. He had channelled the commands by listening to the Janice Long late show music combined with cannabis. Twenty years later out the asylum too, also still on the anto schizo drugs.

Cannabis stays in you, then it creeps up on you as it never leaves you alone. After a while you become the cannabis and the rollercoaster ride begins, som e survive it, some don't. Is it worth the risk? Just stick to a pint of beer, a couple of E's or the occasional rum with a bit of whizz............................ But when it comes to Cannabis be VERY CAREFUL and weigh up if taking something that stays in you for months is actually a good idea

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Lol, it's crazy isn't it, so many people actually smoke it through all sections of society yet it's still illegal in so many countries.
Like I said though, cops in my area don't really enforce it anymore, they are too busy fighting real crime with their under resourced numbers. If you were smoking at a play park or something though you'd get nicked, but I have no problem with that.

I know many people who don't want it legalised here though, they'd be put out of business, especially those with previous convictions because I imagine they wouldn't get a license to trade if it was regulated.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: GoShredAK

I consider weed a dangerous drug for sure, very dangerous. ALL other drugs leave your body in a day or two while Cannabis stays in you, it becomes part of you, you become a permanent dope head. Best bet leave it alone, because if you keep on going (not everyone but a fir percentage) you stand a good chance of going bezerk. Delusions and paranoia will take over your mind set and those will never leave you if you have even one joint every three months. It stays in you and takes over you

Please Lord tell me this dude is trolling.......

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

If you're serious you are a utter miserable moron.....

You are out of place....clueless and wildly ignorant.....go comment somewhere that u belong...

Moronic......

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

In defence of the member I'm certain he's speaking from the heart. We agree on lots of things, and I'll meet him half way with pot tipping some people over the edge, but I have to say, of my entire life tribe (many people, free party scene) where pretty much everyone smokes pot, I've known only two friends in 20 odd years go psychosis on us.
Maybe it's the sea air here, maybe it's just decent pot, it's all locally grown these days, massive cottage industry since the Crown prosecution service and the police only confiscate 9 plants or less.
Usually not even a caution, you just lose your kit. The cops probably sell it on lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

I consider weed a dangerous drug for sure, very dangerous. ALL other drugs leave your body in a day or two while Cannabis stays in you, it becomes part of you, you become a permanent dope head. Best bet leave it alone, because if you keep on going (not everyone but a fir percentage) you stand a good chance of going bezerk. Delusions and paranoia will take over your mind set and those will never leave you if you have even one joint every three months. It stays in you and takes over you

The effects of a toke, are gone in anywhere from 2 to six hours. Some people might remain tired, for a couple of hours, until they have a coffee, or a short nap.
The only problem with it being in the system so long, is random drug testing.
🙄

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
Perhaps there could be an underlying condition with some that causes such serious side effects?

I am currently watching, helplessly, a brother in law and his wife sinking deeply into the darkness that is methamphetamine addiction for another round. I remember the days that he only smoked weed and miss them terribly.
He was one of the best guys you would ever hope to know.

Now he and his wife are only a shell of their prior selves. Erratic and scary. I don't personally think that weed was a 'gateway' drug for him but, I kind of think that his addictive personality and relying on drugs to self medicate could be what led him to where we are today.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Blimey
Not trying to stop you in any way, go for it
It's just it can stay in you for some time but is good it just some people do seem to suffer a bit

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Maybe it's the sea air here, maybe it's just decent pot, it's all locally grown these days, massive cottage industry since the

Cheers Cornish
You might well be onto something there too on the quality. Back in our zone in the 90's it was all resin, largely of the slate variety and this was often contaminated with other things especially bicycle tyre rubber, plastic, etc. It does make you wonder if all the nasty stuff mixed into the rein has had an effect on people back then. For sure legalisation would get rid mostly of the criminals and their polluting of us so there certainly are benefits to it

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Not knocking the dope, it is usually brilliant stuff and best times of life, it just certain people should never do it but hey maybe their problems shouldn't stop the majority if they choose to do as they like. Being honest and realistic about it and not had a J for too many years now.............. Marijuana can be amazing. # to it I can't take it any any more, sod the job I'm off to find some

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Could it have been said "Slayer records" that were responsible alone?
LoL

I'm more of a Pantera/Sepultura man myself.

Each to there own i suppose, i hope your mate is ok now.

Obviously whats right for some people is wrong for others.

Personally, i smoked the stuff in one form or another since the age of 14 with no serious adverse effects so far.

As to drink(Alcohol), well its the devil's nectar really, and responsible for far more woes than the likes of Weed ever will be, imho.

But like i said, each to there own.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It was said in our news a while back, that Canada's fastest growing cannabis sector of new users, is the elderly wanting low dose, or zero thc in cbd tinctures. For health reasons. It's an anti-inflammatory.

One problem that has come up for those wanting the completely legal, non psychoactive ingredient of cbd, from legal hemp, is they just took it out of all the health stores, because of the stupidity of not having it classified a a food or drug.

One can get pot anywhere, it's been all over our culture for decades here, now we have to look for black market cbd, until October 17th.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

The only problem with it being in the system so long, is random drug testing.
🙄

I'm against random testing. You never know when you'll get kife.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Here is my two pence on the matter.

There is one way to properly perform a legalisation effort.

1) All and any growth is to be totally without regulation, unless the plant is for SALE, as opposed to personal use, or finance free distribution on humanitarian grounds.

2) All product meant for sale must be tested to ensure it is not actually toxic (for example, grown in lead heavy soil, or with other dangerous levels of contaminants present).

3) Businesses based on cannabis, either the production of it from a farming perspective, or from the sale of the product as a trade worthy good, should not be under any obligation to the government to provide data on service users, and their electronic transactions must be ID masked, so that the government can only know how much business is being done, not who is doing it or why.

4) Big pharma businesses which try to muscle in on what should be a cottage industry exclusive (that being the growth and sale of cannabis), should be prevented from doing so, on the grounds that making heaps of money, and being ideologically pure enough where the weed is concerned are mutually exclusive positions. The sort of people you want selling your weed, are not going to be the sort of people who are perfectly happy to play cutpurse to cancer patients, or rip people off on their epi-pen supply.

That would be a start. Obviously, other suggestions and amendments no doubt need making, but starting from those four and working outward ought to result in positive results.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well it will always be illegal here in the U.K whilst May and the Tories are in power, or so it seems to me anyway.

Best we can hope for is for authorities to look the other way.

The fact is however with a zero-tolerance policy on crime and class B drug classification Police and authorities can and still do use what amounts to a herb to criminalize people and enter them into the system.

It's sad really because drugs like Cannabis could actually help our already failing national health service, especially so where cancer, epilepsy and about 1000 other malady are concerned.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We'll let you know if that pans out here. This really is interesting to watch. It'll be a chapter in Canadian history books.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Thinking about immigration the now if truth be told. LoL

The UK is crap these days, definitely on a downward spiral to oblivion really.

And not somewhere i wish to bring up my children if truth be told.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join