It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream A Little Dream With Me: A Moral To The Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Can y'all let that go please? It was an extreme example of reframing a question not an answer I was proposing because I was having to deal with the handful who is our beloved D.B. who hadn't even watched the vid. Sheesh.

Have YOU watched the vid, TTP?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Can y'all let that go please? It was an extreme example of reframing a question not an answer I was proposing because I was having to deal with the handful who is our beloved D.B. who hadn't even watched the vid. Sheesh.

Have YOU watched the vid, TTP?

People who care about the Country are united behind Trump, and more join as he keeps winning at everything.

The other side only supports things that hurt citizens, in their daily lives and their pockets.

Eventually the Dems will have to reform themselves and realize doubling down doesn't work. The nasty people who line their pockets are also slowly going away from them because they are failing to produce their desired results. Eventually they will focus only on who can do something real and tangible for them. An example is Soros focusing on local small govt and positions that decide reshaping districts like Attorney Generals of States.

Pelosi is being left to rot in her own mire.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Alright already.

I watched the video.

It was worth it.

And it was funny. I'm going to have to remember the airhorn.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, that could come in handy. Got any pics of the pup? I'm going for a little warm & fuzzy here and failing miserably.

edit on 25-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

As for the video, my takeaway was the almost casual way the prof admitted he might be wrong.

Admitting you might be wrong in the universe of social media is akin to heresy.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Awwww! Cute lil' feller. I'm sure he gets away with some of that toe nibbling as a result.

Yeah, I thought Peterson did good. Like I said in the OP though; I didn't want to dissect the question itself and make a judgement of how accurate the simile might or might not be, just the example of both Peterson and Jefferies willingness in coming a little closer to the kind of lightbulbs that could cool the rhetoric a bit. At least a willingness to try on the other's shoes a bit. The look on the girls face was priceless! I don't know if she learned anything or not but she didn't like it anyways.

edit on 25-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We don't need to unite because those of us who do think differently and have different politics were never apart.

What we used to have is different groups with the same goals. It was just how to achieve those goals is what separated us. At the end of the day, we all got along because ultimately, our goals were the same.

Now we aren't separated by how we achieve our goals, we are separated by what the goals are.

We now have different goals.

So those who had separate methods to achieving the same goals have united against those who's goals are different.

Does that make any sense?

This is spot on.

We all used to want what was best for our country and its citizens. Now it is about keeping power at any cost and demonizing the enemy. It makes no sense at all where we are today.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm almost assuredly naive.

Maybe it is the goal that makes it worthwhile.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: highvein

As free as we can without infringing on the rights of anyone else.

A noble cause to strive for. About as fair as it can be.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Thank you GUT for the clip, and I really appreciated your message as well. I'm with you! I see evidence everywhere of people ignoring the contention and accomplishing great things both personally and professionally.

Bickering really wastes time and energy. I really try to avoid those types of conversations these days and stick to what I love.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thank you, Zosimov---you are one of my heroes here and always a great example whether we follow your lead as much as we should or not.

The last week started me thinking that as a society we've gone past the point of the possibility of social unrest to being in actual danger of it and it saddened me. I also realized how many of the folk I've exchanged mud-throwing with that I have a real and true affection for outside of, or in spite of, the mudslinging.

The world watch-spring is wound pretty tight. I think even tighter than the missile crisis because it's so across the board.

Hope yer day is grand, Zos!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I enjoyed the video and one of the best parts, is where he was totally sure of his answers, then when presented with logic he could not challenge, he stated he was wrong, and changed his opinion on the spot. It's an amazing quality to be able to admit to being wrong and accept it as well.

And the airhorn to irritate the stupid person was funny as hell.

I honestly don't have any hatred towards democrats, but I cannot stand a person who thinks they are above me due to anything they "presume". (like education, political party, or shoe size) Those assholes need their asses kicked.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join