It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream A Little Dream With Me: A Moral To The Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Barring an absolutely soul-shaking experience like complete economic collapse or something along the lines that Regan and other’s have posited using the scenario of Earth being under attack by beings from another planet, I don’t think the extreme right or left will ever mend any fences or unite in any significant way.

However, I do imagine—maybe naively—that it’s possible that the rest of us might unite on some grand cause someday and in doing so affirm our mutual humanity in spite of our socially-engineered divisiveness.

Maybe it could be uniting to reform the awful & corrupt two-party system and the lobbyists that sleazily fund it. The same system that perpetuates this current & extreme divineness just so we don’t slow down long enough to realize THEY are where most of the problems originate and thusly eradicate them. They have us chasing our own tails y’all! Maybe we’ll catch them one day--our tails that is--and come to the great realization that we seem to so desperately need.

Maybe it could be uniting to end the horrible, warmongering, empire building and the psychotic sociopathic foreign policy that fuels it. Bombed babies everywhere would thank us sigh.

If together we were to unite long enough to achieve something that noble I bet that many of our differences would quickly and easily melt away. If a guy wearing a MAGA hat and a Transgender put their immediate differences aside and changed the world on that level, I bet the issue of sharing a foxhole would melt away because, heck, they already have went into battle together figuratively speaking. The camaraderie would come naturally and quite epically.

For now that’s just a dream of this imperfect and flawed human but I bet I’m not the only one.

The following isn’t even close to that but, hell, it’s a start. I don’t want to get into labeling what Peterson is or isn’t (he’s not easy to label but he fits in the conservative box well enough for this) nor do I care to dissect the examples that characterize the exchanges therein. Very short at 6m17s and well worth the time imo.

The following quote is the perfect amount of description I think and with that: Roll the film!

Two amazing things happened in these six minutes: A leftist defended free speech, and a public intellectual admitted he might be wrong.

4 Key Takeaways From Jim Jefferies’ Interview With Jordan Peterson

edit on 25-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

We don't need to unite because those of us who do think differently and have different politics were never apart.

What we used to have is different groups with the same goals. It was just how to achieve those goals is what separated us. At the end of the day, we all got along because ultimately, our goals were the same.

Now we aren't separated by how we achieve our goals, we are separated by what the goals are.

We now have different goals.

So those who had separate methods to achieving the same goals have united against those who's goals are different.

Does that make any sense?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Does that make any sense?

Yes? Are you buying my answer?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

My political dream for America -
Trump decides to run again in 2020, but this time he campaigns on "the final swamp flush" or something.
He disassociates with the Republicans and declares both Republicans and Liberals to be "the problem with America"

He teams up with someone like Bernie Sanders and they come up with a ground breaking, game changer platform.

The fans (Trump's and Bernie's ) go ape sh!t and unite to form an unstoppable "American Party" or something.

Trump and Sanders win and the real lines are thus drawn - ALL of us vs the tiny sliver of the corrupt elite.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I really do understand what you are saying, btw. But I'm also sure we both agree that some compromise is necessary for any society. Are there some things I wouldn't compromise on---in principle anyways? Yes, I expect that about most of us wherever we fall on the categorical line. However, I'm not looking forward to what looks like could be coming from extreme elements and I'm working on the theory that a little understanding can go a long ways.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Take school shootings for an example.

Now like-minded individuals would look for ways to stop school shootings. That's a unifying goal.

A dissociative goal would be taking guns away.

So what is the goal?

Removing guns from people or stopping school shootings?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Great post Gut! And the video was actually hilarious as well as informative.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It always good to read your posts. I always learn a little more about you as well as myself.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

But what if we eradicated guns entirely to include militaries? Impossible it appears, I well know and forgive me for going there, but I think the example is thought-provoking. I could get behind that even if it infringed on my right a bit.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That bells been rung and it can never be unrung.

But I am proud to say that I am part of a pilot program where we are going to schools this fall not to talk about more guns or less guns, but to do seminars on empathy and coping with adversity.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

If all guns were illegal, how much of a difference would it make? Only one way to find out.
Are you willing to give up your rights?
These are the factors that come with situations such as this. Putting two things on a scale to measure which one's ideas weigh the most. Democracy. The people lead. Republic. Unity is strong. Is this nation even morally grown up enough to handle the outcome of such battles. Not if you believe what you see on T.V.

It is the programming that needs to be interrupted in order to take a new look with fresh eyes.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

There is always going to be a risk of crazy, of violence, in a free society.

The point should be; do we want to live in a free society?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

But what if we eradicated guns entirely to include militaries? Impossible it appears, I well know and forgive me for going there, but I think the example is thought-provoking. I could get behind that even if it infringed on my right a bit.

With the weapons we have now a days. I don't think that is practical. I am not arguing it would not be a better world, because it would be a better world and the more I talk I think it might possibly be one of the most well worth tasks to take on that I have heard about. I would have no idea how to even begin that task. I hope you do.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

There ya' go and good on ya'! That's the kind of approach I'm trying to consciously call myself to---more thought and in my case more self-reflection. I'll continue to suck at it I'm sure but baby steps!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There is always going to be a risk of crazy, of violence, in a free society.

The point should be; do we want to live in a free society?

Freedom. I am afraid we don't live in a free society now. We are governed with laws that restrict freedom. Just how free do you want society to be?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No, I believe that bell has been rung too but I also believe like you have pointed out that for humankind to survive ourselves--if that's even possible or, hell, if we even deserve to--we're gonna have to reframe some questions and be willing to attempt some answers. The gun thing might be impossible but I don't think campaign reform is for example and that would go a LONG way towards a better nation/world. Like I said up top, I'm almost assuredly naive.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

As free as we can without infringing on the rights of anyone else.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Did you even watch the vid btw---the lead-up is profound and the ending is a hoot!!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Can't right now, too much puppy drama as I post in between bouts of him trying to chew my toes off.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Then people would go back to killing with sharp pointy things and blunt objects, oh wait they still do, see MS13.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join