It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people being "kicked off" their health insurance yet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So back when the tax bill was passed, there were all kinds of doom and gloom predictions that millions of people were going to be kicked off their health insurance. I personally don't know anyone who has been. I was doing some rudimentary Googling this morning looking for specific cases. You know the media would love to highlight a single mom or a minority family that was forcibly kicked off their insurance. I didn't find any.

I'm not saying no one has been, but if millions were supposed to be kicked off their insurance where are the stories? There are articles about how the uninsured rate is going up, in general, for example this one from Vox. Interestingly, many of the predictions I saw were that it would mostly hurt minority families. Did minorities switch parties all of a sudden, if, according to Vox, most of the people "losing" their insurance have been Republicans? And are they really "losing" their insurance? I haven't seen anything on the cause. Of course without the individual mandate, some people would just choose to not purchase insurance, so of course the uninsured rate was going to go up, that was expected. And since it was mostly Republicans calling for the individual mandate to go away, it stands to reason it would be mostly Republicans who would voluntarily stop buying the product once they were no longer being forced to do so.

But the prediction was people would be "kicked off" their health insurance. Is this happening? Does anyone know anyone who has been kicked off their insurance? I will admit, I didn't do extensive searching looking for articles about people being kicked off their insurance, but I just kind of figured it would be easy to find articles about these millions of people. Can anybody help me out?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I haven't heard anything about people losing insurance.

I'm still waiting for mine to go back down and get the insurance I had before but I'm starting to believe that's a pipe dream. The problem with destructive changes that are put in place like this... Once it's in, there is no reversing the damage.

Looks like I'll keep paying for Obama's mistake indefinitely. I would love to know that HIS insurance as well as that of our government was affected likewise.

But... That is also a pipe dream.

link   
Nobody likes to admit they were peddling party lies or regurgitating hateful Communist propaganda, so bring on the crickets!!!

It sure became non-issue very swiftly didn't it??

link   
I'm about to be kicked off mine, because I ain't gonna pay for that sh!t anymore.

I'm 35, self employed, perfectly healthy, don't smoke, and my rate has doubled every year since this BS started.

I've got a $10k deductible... so unless I have a heart attack out of nowhere or get hit by a truck, I'm out of pocket anyway.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
I'm about to be kicked off mine, because I ain't gonna pay for that sh!t anymore.

I'm 35, self employed, perfectly healthy, don't smoke, and my rate has doubled every year since this BS started.

I've got a $10k deductible... so unless I have a heart attack out of nowhere or get hit by a truck, I'm out of pocket anyway.

Same here, I'll put the money I'd spend on insurance into a savings account in case I actually need to go to the doctor. So if this next year I have no need to go to the doctor, I'll save about $5000.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Looks like I'll keep paying for Obama's mistake indefinitely. I would love to know that HIS insurance as well as that of our government was affected likewise.

Don't you know? Our "leaders" don't have to oblige by the same BS rules. They have their own insurance programs.

Similarly, Congress is immune to insider trading laws. What kind of wickedness is that?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I am on the State health plan, so mine was really not effected at all. It had a HUGE negative impact for the patients I work with and the hospital I work at.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Oh, you silly goose, trying to follow up alarmist predictions as if they were ever going to come to fruition.

Don't you know that they're just talking points meant to incite emotional responses from the gullible?

(notice that I didn't apply a side to that comments, because both do it and it's a disgusting tactic)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The alarmist prediction the ACA would increase healthcare costs and you may not keep your Dr. did end up being true though.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But I would argue that it wasn't an alarmist prediction--there was ample research behind that claim. Sometimes, simple economics speaks for itself, even if a claim seems alarmist.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I stopped getting health insurance when I realize the monthly payments I would have to make to pay off a medical bill were less or the same as actually paying for the insurance itself

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Not currently.

I was kicked off my health insurance back around 2010. It was replaced with a much costlier plan that didn't cover half as much.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Union health plan for me.

Affordable and very inclusive, vision/dental

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I agree, but at the time it was called an alarmist prediction.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Poverty from laissez-faire capitalism kills more people than any totalitarian communist dictator has ever achieved.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

It's cheaper to be a freeloader and just show up in the emergency room so people who are paying through the nose can support you!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

wh-wh-what???

Democide is basically death by goverment. It's 250 million plus in just the 20th century (that's 6 times as many people that have died in battle in the same time period). How many people do you think died from Poverty from laissez-faire capitalism?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Poverty from laissez-faire capitalism kills more people than any totalitarian communist dictator has ever achieved.

wtf are you crazy?

show me a verified source that has done the math on that one

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Prove it.

With sources and verifiable information.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Try switching to the ACA. It's much cheaper than what I was offered from my job.

At least for me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join