It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki Haley: 'Ridiculous' for UN to analyze poverty in America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There is literally nothing stopping anyone fron working however many jobs they want to aquire the money they desire in the states. In a free market there is no ceiling or floor, you can be worth as much as you worl for, but equally so you can be in poverty if you so choose. Its up to you to work for your money.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
a reply to: eNumbra

The U.N should take MY TAX DOLLARS and see that the UNDER DEVELPOED nations (there are to many to mention) Gets a bigger piece of the U.N. pie. You know real things like, water, food, shelter, medical supplies...…..Nope they gonna worry about something that's a big waste of money & time & resources.

There are people in America who can’t get those things, who don’t “have a right” to those things. As we’ve seen every time someone tries to talk about socialized healthcare in America people bring up the fact that it’s not in the constitution.
Those skyrocketing healthcare costs that are helping put people into that poverty, or not pay for ongoing care for the sake of being able to afford #ing necessities, people in any nation, developed or undeveloped are equally entitled to basic food, water, shelter, and healthcare, but one of those, here, is not agreed on.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Do you know WHY healthcare isnt agreed on? Because its costly to make a doctor. Its costly to make medicle equipment. Its costly to create and maintain medicine.

I do NOT want to pay everyobe elses health bills whe i dont need to see a dr every week like some. Why should I be penalized the money i work to make, if im not the one sick?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Has the U.N weighed in on the illegal immigration problem the USA face's? Nope. Have they weighed in on the abhorrent Government of Mexico....when they say it's a "god given right" for their people to migrate to America...Nope , no they did not. Mexico if nothing else, exports their people...especially the poor uneducated ones. Trying to say the drug cartels RUN Mexico is freaking absurd. Mexico runs Mexico. The U.N. is needed about as much as lipstick on a hog. United Nothing is what it should stand for.

Your absurd, irrelevant deflection only further serves to prove my point; and illustrates how easily distracted Americans are.

Immigrants are not the cause of the wealth disparity here, I invite you to stay on topic..

I wouldn't say that. They have a "scab" purpose here for 20 years. They facilitate big money in many industries.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki

Do you know WHY healthcare isnt agreed on? Because its costly to make a doctor. Its costly to make medicle equipment. Its costly to create and maintain medicine.

I do NOT want to pay everyobe elses health bills whe i dont need to see a dr every week like some. Why should I be penalized the money i work to make, if im not the one sick?

Yes and if you think about it organized insurance is simply based on a socialized model but called free market.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I'm sorry but that sounds about as true as unicorns.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki

Why do you pay taxes for schools and roads you don’t use?

You should also do some research on what you’re being charged for healthcare vs what that healthcare actually costs, it’s grossly over inflated on nearly, if not all fronts. The healthcare system in America is a bloated over fed tick.
edit on 6/25/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think a good study on American poverty could be helpful. Everybody's always wondering about the homeless and arguing about whether or not they choose to live that way, or are in need of mental health treatment, or are really just forced into the streets because of bad luck or bad planning.

I know there are homespun agencies and organizations studying this, but it might benefit from having an outside third party offer their perspective.

I'm still under the opinion that just giving poor people money and a safe place to live would ultimately be less costly than other "solutions." Linked to a very aggressive birth control regulation, of course.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join