It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan Peterson | Full Address and Q&A | Oxford Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Now this is worth a watch/Listen if interested ? He goes some on his unique views on Political correctness also some good input on hierarchical societies. We do need Lefters and Righters in our democratic societies of course we do.. Meaning ? Russian Input Dangers.
He has some deep views and can sure express them well IMHO.

Published on Jun 24, 2018 SUBSCRIBE for more speakers ► is.gd... Oxford Union on Facebook: www.facebook.com... Oxford Union on Twitter: @OxfordUnion Website: www.oxford-union.org... A Professor of Psychology at the University of Toronto, Peterson has received considerable media coverage after publishing a series of videos criticising the Canadian government's move to enact Bill C-16, which made misgendering a form of hate speech. His recent bestselling book, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos topped the Washington Post, WSJ and Reuters U.S bestsellers lists ABOUT THE OXFORD UNION SOCIETY: The Oxford Union is the world's most prestigious debating society, with an unparalleled reputation for bringing international guests and speakers to Oxford. Since 1823, the Union has been promoting debate and discussion not just in Oxford University, but across the globe.

edit on 25 6 2018 by skywatcher44 because: .

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Thank you for sharing this, Jordan Peterson is an absolute boss in the realm of understanding the complexities of the social engineering that we are fighting against.

Very much so looking forward to getting through this!

S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Yea, I thourghly enjoy him. I think it is very telling he doesn't get caught up in partisan politics yet he is labeled "alt-right" because people are so uncomfortable with individualism they have to put a label on him.

Ironically enough, that is what got him active in getting his message across.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Just finished. Never heard of this guy before (I will have to look him up I guess.)

I really enjoyed the ideas near the end pertaining to hate speech/free speech.

Overall, this was fantastic in my opinion. It was nice to listen to (mostly) question and response where it wasn't people yelling over each other.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

He's done several podcasts with people, I particularly enjoyed his ones with Joe Rogan. They're a little dry, but if these sort of topics interest you they're worth a listen.

Check out Sam Harris too.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Great post . Peterson is simply a monster .

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I watch all his stuff. People try to pin him down as left/right but he has none of that labling nonsense. Boss!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I just watched this vid and had to share
Top comment

This is a John Ward video. Tonight we will learn about hobgoblins, retarded paperclips, piss bars, sanitation body genes, menstrual ejecta, Yara Gravejoy's uglier sister, that's 5 thousand seats to you bitch, sea cows, xx chromosomes, adult onset diabetes, forced binge eating knuckle sandwiches, and of course skin muffins. I'm just trying to work this all out. Bless you Mr Ward.

edit on 25-6-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I don't know how I was missing this book for 3 years...!

Peterson is really amazing. So adept at explaining correlations between behavoiral psychology, philosophy and religion.
And quite the punch in the stomach sometimes when he points out where we go wrong. Some of the examples I had to swallow once or twice... But Im thankful that I am atleast able to see my wrongdoings, enabling me to do something about them.

So... if you haven't read or listened to it yet, give it a go! You can find it on a streaming site we all know

top topics

join