It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cats came in to guard me last night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

MHO, I've always believed we are surrounded by entities we cannot see.

I do as well. My cats are... well, they seem to get some things, and not others. Tornado? Nobody came out and warned me, but the thing did miss us- just not by much. This sort of thing- I've had it happen before(weird freaky stuff), and the circumstances were different, but there were nights I had my cat, and a female cat (they had a fight and she ran away, never to be seen again
)- this was before I got married, and we got Mr. Personality- they'd put aside their differences, and I'd have 2 cats guarding my head on either side, with occasional fighting. Nothing like one's head in the middle of a boxing ring.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Daughter2
Sounds like you might have a mouse or other critter in the house or attic. That whistle might be a bat? Be very careful if have bats, even a light brushing can give you rabies.

Since when do mice or bats whistle?

And how could the OP miss noticing the whistling bat in their hallway?

Bats do whistle- they echo locate. Depending on the bat, (lucky me) I can hear them while they squeak at something like 12,000 hz or some ridiculous number. My hearing is just... weird, BTW. I have just enough tinnitus to dampen normal stuff a bit, but really low or really high stuff, I can pick up.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Sounds like you might have a mouse or other critter in the house or attic. That whistle might be a bat? Be very careful if have bats, even a light brushing can give you rabies.

Bats do whistle- they echo locate. Depending on the bat, (lucky me) I can hear them while they squeak at something like 12,000 hz or some ridiculous number. My hearing is just... weird, BTW. I have just enough tinnitus to dampen normal stuff a bit, but really low or really high stuff, I can pick up.
For a 30 year old I can still hear upwards of 20khz hell “High Res” audio now tops out at about 50khz, I guess the sound standard industry likes pissing off the dogs... my stereo setup handles 15hz to to 25khz and that’s plenty of sound range for me.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: howtonhawky

Explains these shackles and this shock bracelet I wear on my ankle. Goes off every morning at 5....
It is like a coincidence. coin side in. we never see the other side of our reality but it governs us. all the energy in our lives flipped and givin different faces.. iswat makes the world go round. shhhhhh its a secret

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Bat's screech. Squeal and squeak are also correct.

Whistle is different.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

For example a bird whistles and chirps.

But a bat doesn't. It screeches.

These are totally different types of sounds.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Lurker1

MHO, I've always believed we are surrounded by entities we cannot see.

I do as well. My cats are... well, they seem to get some things, and not others. Tornado? Nobody came out and warned me, but the thing did miss us- just not by much. This sort of thing- I've had it happen before(weird freaky stuff), and the circumstances were different, but there were nights I had my cat, and a female cat (they had a fight and she ran away, never to be seen again
)- this was before I got married, and we got Mr. Personality- they'd put aside their differences, and I'd have 2 cats guarding my head on either side, with occasional fighting. Nothing like one's head in the middle of a boxing ring.

LOL

The two girls I spoke of were not a matched set either, although when my mother's cat went after my smaller cat, the older one chased him and beat the sh*t out of him.

I don't know if it was the mother in her or if she actually had a love/hate relationship with the younger one.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Cats can sense things that we can't. That includes a lot of natural phenomena as well as paranormal phenomena.

I had a cat that I had raised from a kitten from a feral mother. He was the runt of the litter and always a bit sickly. But, his three sisters died of kitten wasting syndrome and he was the only survivor. Despite this fact however, he was well attuned to his environment and he was even a good hunter.

He could also see residents of the property that were "on the other side of the veil;" so to speak. His favorite spot was in the attic where my old room is located. It was not unusual for him to have conversations with some of our transient phantoms.

In one case he had established a close relationship with one of our ethereal house guests. He was devastated when she moved on. Without going into a lot of details, suffice it to say that there was ample evidence of her presence here for a short time. And we knew exactly when she left.

Just wanted to give you my perspective on the spiritual connection of cats and their environment.

-dex

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I know i posted ideas that were more corporeal in nature, but i did consider the possibility of a visiting being, partly because of my dream i mentioned earlier.

Lol. May be it was me? Im kidding, but in the off chance that it was, i honestly didnt know where I was. My bad!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Im not exactly trying to "call you out"

But you seem to have vastly more "paranormal" and strange things happen to you than even the most ardent paranormal investigator.

It seems that at least a few times a week you post a thread about something "impossible" thats happened to you.

Which makes me wonder

1. are you making all this up.

2. is there an underlying health issue thats causing issues.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

But you seem to have vastly more "paranormal" and strange things happen to you than even the most ardent paranormal investigator.

It seems that at least a few times a week you post a thread about something "impossible" thats happened to you.

Which makes me wonder

I'll be honest. I wish I KNEW. The constant left turns out of reality are REALLY ANNOYING. I used to live an uneventful, boring life... until I had something downright horrible happen, and as time goes on, this stuff gets more frequent, and weirder. I have been for 2 EEGs. Normal. Head MRI, also normal. I will be seeing a cardiologist (someone mentioned at least what I am deciding are seizure events could be heart related), and if *that* comes back normal, I am going to be banging my head on a wall somewhere. I am horribly stressed, and have been for over half my life- yet the docs are just 'mystified'- also known as 'your insurance sucks, so we're not going to dig any deeper than we're paid'.

It doesn't explain the stuff people have experienced around me, tho. Not a single ounce of it. As for the paranormal investigator angle, If I could find a group that would run me through a bunch of tests, I'm all for it. If it turns out I'm my own special nexus of weird, I'll rent myself out for investigations as a paranormal party keg.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Which makes me wonder

I'll be honest. I wish I KNEW. The constant left turns out of reality are REALLY ANNOYING. I used to live an uneventful, boring life... until I had something downright horrible happen, and as time goes on, this stuff gets more frequent, and weirder. I have been for 2 EEGs. Normal. Head MRI, also normal. I will be seeing a cardiologist (someone mentioned at least what I am deciding are seizure events could be heart related), and if *that* comes back normal, I am going to be banging my head on a wall somewhere. I am horribly stressed, and have been for over half my life- yet the docs are just 'mystified'- also known as 'your insurance sucks, so we're not going to dig any deeper than we're paid'.

It doesn't explain the stuff people have experienced around me, tho. Not a single ounce of it. As for the paranormal investigator angle, If I could find a group that would run me through a bunch of tests, I'm all for it. If it turns out I'm my own special nexus of weird, I'll rent myself out for investigations as a paranormal party keg.

not downplaying it, ive had my fair share of extremely odd , reality shaking things happen in my 60+ years

I have to ask, though, have you been diagnosed with anything psychological that might be adding to things?

My sister is schiz effective.

Most days its nothing, but somtimes it exacerbates "odd" occurrences in her life into things much more and she has a hard time understanding sometimes how it mingles in to what actually happened.

just a thought.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Right away people jump to mental illness. Very insulting.

Wait. Before you die you'll see something incredible, and when you talk about it, everyone will ask if you're mentally ill.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I seem to be on the autism/ aspergers spectrum. Getting a good diagnosis might be a challenge. :/

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

Right away people jump to mental illness. Very insulting.

Wait. Before you die you'll see something incredible, and when you talk about it, everyone will ask if you're mentally ill.

I'm right in the thick of this crap, and that's what *I* did. As time went on, though, and I found out people were telling me stuff they should not have been able to know about stuff I was experiencing... I realized that while no, I'm not crazy (in more than one case)... the bone chilling fact stuff is being done to me on this scale is frightening.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

My dad's cat Martin who passed away not too long ago r.i.p. fur brother, saved my life one night by coming into my room and laying on my bed keeping me awake all night. The next day I went to the hospital and they found a hole in one of my aorta, had I gone to sleep that night I never would've woken up again this side of the grave. They know things I believe it with all my heart.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

If your story is legit, I classify this as a candidate for a genuine paranormal experience. 

I 2nd this for sure,..

My thoughts exactly!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Did the whistle sound at all like any sort of insect? Just trying to eliminate any possibilities. Cats see things, though - just said that in another thread! Give them both plenty of love and tuna, and appreciate them. You never know!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

How many cats do you own? be serious...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

a reply to: muzzleflash

PLumbing's fine, and haven't heard any birds or anything else up in the crawlspace. Hasn't been the first time I heard a whistle tho. Heard a lower pitched one a few weeks ago, accompanied by a baking sheet in the sink sounding like someone had flicked it with their finger hard. We ALL jumped from that.

The baking sheet, well, that could flex. Not dismissing other possibilities, but consider all. The whistling, now, is different. Assuming it's not like a bird, and not common enough to be an insect of some sort (a katydid can make a really bizarre noise!), so it's something else.

I'm sure it was some scent they were picking up. Google animals sounds and see if you can match any to what you heard.

You have gotten some bad information. Bats don't whistle, nor do mice or rats. Nor can you contract rabies in such a fashion. Yes, a bat can be a carrier, same as any other mammal, but they don't typically have that, and a bite would be necessary, same as for other infected animals. That said, they can carry other diseases, so they shouldn't be handled, if that can be avoided. Typically, though, they won't brush into a person. Used to sit outside nights with my dad, talking about whatever, and when mosquitoes were in season, we'd often notice a bat near the other person. They would hunt so carefully, you could hear a mosquito buzz by your ear, then it would just be gone. The other person might catch a flash of movement as the bat went past, grabbing the pest. Not once was either of us brushed, at all, and no attacks fro rabid bats, either.

Any animal acting oddly, now, be careful, and aggressive behavior, especially in a species that isn't normally, can be a sign, but being brushed isn't going to infect you with rabies. Animal Care tech here, in past years, and I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join