It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cats came in to guard me last night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Bless you. Those who hurt the defenseless will pay later in their lives if they arn't already paying for their amoral behavior. Glad they are your ex-you have a conscience. Cats matter-big tme.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I would not read too much into it. They just wanted food. They were not SS agents. Cats have a love-hate relationship with their servants.

They get fed before bed. If they are not, loud complaints are heard. REALLY loud complaints. My cat will stomp into the bedroom and annoy me until something is done. No cuddling, no sitting next to me on the bed. Stand in the doorway and be completely obnoxious.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Haha, mine flops..usually in a doorway, laying on his back, looking at me and purring..his "feed me" pose.

Cool story

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

The whistle sound could be a loose belt on a blower motor for an A.C. unit. If you have central air, there's a blower motor in the unit that blows the air.....bearing can go out and when it starts up a whistle or whine can be heard till it gets up to speed. Just saying. And it has been as hot as a 4 balled Tom Cat around here as you know.

The a/c wasn't running when this happened- first thing I realized. It's been going on throughout the day, and nothing out of the ordinary from it. I wondered about a gas leak (gas heat)- but I did a check and a sniff, and nothing there.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Welcome to the club.

I had two cats in the mid-2000's, adopted from the local shelter who, every day, reminded me how grateful they were I'd saved them. They saved me too, but that's another discussion.

Dead of winter, 2008, I awoke to a noise in the living room, which is at the other end of the house. My younger cat flew off the bed to investigate.

My older cat, a seasoned mother, stood up then sat back, intently watching the doorway.

I started to get up and she placed a paw on my shoulder. I tried to continue getting up and she placed all her weight on my shoulder and forced me back down. Not wanting to argue, I laid back down.

She kept her paw on my shoulder until my younger cat returned to the bedroom, jumped on the bed, and resumed her usual position at the foot of the bed.

Only then did my older cat lay back down.

Make of it what you will.

MHO, I've always believed we are surrounded by entities we cannot see.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
they have you on lock down.

not ss agents but prison gaurds

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Your thread had me remember a dream from last night. I had completely forgotten about it.

It was about cats. Very vague memory but i know I was petting and being headbutted by an orange tabby cat.

edit on 6252018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
Sounds like you might have a mouse or other critter in the house or attic. That whistle might be a bat? Be very careful if have bats, even a light brushing can give you rabies.

Since when do mice or bats whistle?

And how could the OP miss noticing the whistling bat in their hallway?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
As a cat owner for my whole life I can vouch that cats do very little in the way of protecting. More like running away and hiding under the bed or nonchalantly ignoring any danger.
I have one who considers someone walking past the house cause for alarm and hiding away and we had another who sat in the middle of the road when cars were coming.
We tried to keep him indoors but he was a rescue who obviously was an outdoor cat. He even figured out a way to squeeze past the dryer vent in the basement. Or waited behind the kitchen door until someone went out.
Once he went out an upstairs bedroom window and down the maple tree. But we never gave up trying and we chased him down and brought him in as soon as we could. But protecting us? Umm not in the job description.
Did someone break in? Was there a mouse in the kitchen or bathroom.
One cat caught a bug and for days after she sat next to the back door because she was sure another would get in.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

In his kitchen?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yeah then they'll spend hours amused by a bread tie or a piece of thread.
Very deep. Lol
But I love my little girl cuz she's as cute as can be and she stayed kitten sized even though she's four years old now. She's a tiny snowshoe Siamese named Mia.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The only things I can think would whistle are birds and pressure releases from our tech.
edit on 6/25/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Was it an anomalous ghost whistle.

I can picture that.

A bird in your house will become evident soon by making more noise - fluttering around and chirping.

A pipe or something would make the sounds more than just once, or if something just suddenly broke you'd find what it was to pay and fix it so you can use it (plumbing, electrical etc).

If it was a one time deal and you though it came from just a few feet away in the hall.... and your cats are all into it, I'd be highly interested in figuring it out.

This is a ghost until further evidence provides reasonable answers.

If your story is legit, I classify this as a candidate for a genuine paranormal experience.

Have you investigated all your plumbing?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh and do birds get in your attic or anything?

You never heard this whistle ever before??

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
This is unusual in every way I know of these 2 food mongering doofuses.

Last night, I go to bed. My cat (had him since 2007) comes in, and drives me up the wall by poking me in the hand, head butting me, slobbering on me, etc. Finally got him to settle down. Hooray! I'll get to sleep at some point tonight!
A few minutes later- our other cat (he showed up in 2010, and thinks he's a lounge singer personality wise) comes in, and *sits* on my cat. Begins the same nonsense. I know for *sure* I'm not getting sleep. I am also finding it both funny and a little odd- funny because there was enough light from the nightlight I use to see my cat's completely disgruntled face half sticking out of cat butt sitting on it, and and a little odd, because well- this doesn't happen at night.

Suddenly, there is this sharp, really high pitched whistle. It came from the middle of the hallway. 2 heads shot up from the bed like toast from a toaster. Then, my cat does something I've NEVER seen him do: he flowed off the bed and to the floor like he was liquid. Second cat sat right where he was, and for all the world, I felt like I was being protected. So, I'm sitting in bed, mumbling "What... in the hell..." at this whole thing. I finally am able to get up out of bed, and my cat is sitting on the floor in the hall, full Sphinx mode, pointed at the kitchen/ bathroom area, with his full attention in that direction. He didn't get up, or move, or even acknowledge my walking out to see what in the world was going on.

I gave up, and went back to bed, with the other cat pushing all over my back.

I presume everything was back to normal this morning, He was singing the song of his people, "Get me some *@#(&*$(*!!! canned food!" I am just unsure what all of this was, and how (or why) I suddenly felt like I was the president with 2 SS agents doing their thing.

Aliens are coming for you.....the Egyptians used cats to know when their gods were showing up.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

PLumbing's fine, and haven't heard any birds or anything else up in the crawlspace. Hasn't been the first time I heard a whistle tho. Heard a lower pitched one a few weeks ago, accompanied by a baking sheet in the sink sounding like someone had flicked it with their finger hard. We ALL jumped from that.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Daughter2
Sounds like you might have a mouse or other critter in the house or attic. That whistle might be a bat? Be very careful if have bats, even a light brushing can give you rabies.

Since when do mice or bats whistle?

And how could the OP miss noticing the whistling bat in their hallway?

I would have, trust me.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: muzzleflash

PLumbing's fine, and haven't heard any birds or anything else up in the crawlspace. Hasn't been the first time I heard a whistle tho. Heard a lower pitched one a few weeks ago, accompanied by a baking sheet in the sink sounding like someone had flicked it with their finger hard. We ALL jumped from that.

Had the baking sheet been recently heated in the oven? Could have been metallic thermal contraction, or it wasnt fully seated in the sink and slipped off a dish?

As for the whistle, it could be a gas line related to the oven, fire place if applicable, water heater, gas meter, etc. May be worth having a professional inspect your gas lines to be safe. You may just find the source of the problem...could even explain your cat's response as it may be sensing danger ie:a natural gas leak in the house.

Here is a thread on another site talking about a whistling gas meter leak.

terrylove.com.../whistling-gas-meter.64430/

edit: the link keeps breaking here is a embedded link:

linky

edit on 6252018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Had the baking sheet been recently heated in the oven? Could have been metallic thermal contraction, or it wasnt fully seated in the sink and slipped off a dish?
it was washed, was drying, and sitting on a rubber hose from the dishwasher, leaning against a skillet. Both were cold, not been used that night.

I hear anything else, I will have the gas checked. It's running the heat and the water heater. I personally don't want to be blown to bits.
The first whistle was from a person. Or something imitating a person. It had all the qualities of a human whistle. Last nights was really high pitched, and too sharp- it cut on and cut off.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Explains these shackles and this shock bracelet I wear on my ankle. Goes off every morning at 5....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join