It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Mandela Effect: Betty Davis Eyes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
At work to do this, need to make this short and sweet and let the members shred this like a hungry lion. Here we go...

So I was listening to a electronica version of this song on YT and it was pretty good, i love the song when Rod Steward sang it..so I checked YT and found NOTHING of Rod Stewart singing this song at all on any video I have found.. even on this greatest hits... WAIT....Nope Kim Carnes sang the song...which
I didn't know she did, but it's well doctumented she had indeed came out with the original song.....but WAIT.. hmmmmmm.....So I ask a buddie of mine if he ever remembers Rod Stewart signing Betty Davis Eyes.. he laughed and said .." of course dude.. who doesn't !" ..

So, doing a quick wikipedia check and then did a search for 'Stewart/Stewert, within the subject of Betty Davis Eyes on Wiki.. NADA not a whisper of him ever singing this song .. no credit given even though wiki has multiple listings of other that have sang this song!

Not sure if this is marketing glitch or lazyness but Rod doesn't get even a mention ?? !!!

I did a quick check search for this on ATS under Betty Davis Eys and can't read the garbage links due to it all being in matrix green.. grrrrr... if it has already been posted .. plz post the link ..

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

How accurate would you estimate your memory is, as a percentage?

Personally don't remember Ron Stewpot ever singing that tune, but haven't heard every song he's ever sung.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Speaking as someone that was 18 or older in Rod Stewart's heyday , I can personally assure you he never sang that song. At least not in public...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Ugh, dude. There is no "Mandella Effect." It's the result of society's inability, of late, to allow anyone to think anything "negative" about themselves or others. Can't remember something as being such and such? Remember this differently? Don't worry sugar, it's not your faulty memory...it's the Mandella Effect.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Rod Steward?

Not sure who that is!

Next we'll be saying he was the lead singer of Led Zeppelin...or was that Janis Joplin?

edit on 24-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You guys have a very very poor memory bro...

It was Kim Carnes the whole time as far as I remember. Yes, she had a bit of a raspy voice but she ain't Rod Stewart.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I know where you may be confused. I just remembered.
Rod Stewart did a song "Baby Jane" titled after an old movie "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"
Take a guess who starred in the movie
YEP , YOU GOT IT.

Strangeness solved.

S&F for you just for making me realize how old I am that I can remember a Bette Davis movie
Oh , lawd...
edit on 6/24/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Here I come to save the day! (for once!!!)

www.google.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I was in high school when Bette Davis Eyes hit number 1 on the charts in 1981. It was Kim Carnes. My sister was a big Rod Stewart fan. I think I heard everysong he ever recorded because of her. He never sang that song. It isn't Mandela effect. It's poor memory. I'm starting to wish ATS would ban this topic.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You only think it was Rod Stewart due to Kim Carnes having the same kind of raspy voice as Rod Stewart.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
I was in high school when Bette Davis Eyes hit number 1 on the charts in 1981. It was Kim Carnes. My sister was a big Rod Stewart fan. I think I heard everysong he ever recorded because of her. He never sang that song. It isn't Mandela effect. It's poor memory. I'm starting to wish ATS would ban this topic.

Ban it why?

Give it a forum, fine.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

NO DUDE!! that's baby Jame !!! not Betty Davis eyes.. totally not the same song ..

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

As a music jock since the early 80's I played a lot of Rod Stewart and never once Bette Davis Eyes...did play Kim's version. Suppose a Stewart version could be floating out there somewhere but more than likely, the station. I was with would have played it as he was pretty popular in those days.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Kim Carnes sounds like Rod Stewart, but he never sang that song.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Nope ..

I have confirmed this with a friend of mine that defintely knows his songs and genre of 60-80's and when I told him that Kim Carnes sang the song he said "yes.. and so did Rod Stewart" .. trust me .. he quizes me on songs, lead singers and musicians of that era..

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
anyone here remember Rod Steward singing this song at all ?.. ..I swear that I remember Rod singing this as well as multiple other people ..

it's not just me ..

ladygodivathenakedtruth.blogspot.com...
www.last.fm...

edit on 24-6-2018 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
anyone here remember Rod Steward singing this song at all ?.. ..I swear that I remember Rod singing this as well as multiple other people ..

it's not just me ..

ladygodivathenakedtruth.blogspot.com...

Why don't you please explain who "Rod Steward" is?

edit on 24-6-2018 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Because every misheard lyric and internet misspelling has become "OMG I'm in an alternate reality!" It has become ridiculous. Some people just can't admit their memory is faulty.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Because every misheard lyric and internet misspelling has become "OMG I'm in an alternate reality!" It has become ridiculous. Some people just can't admit their memory is faulty.

one, .. i never said my memory wasn't faulty .. I know it is .. but i'm not the only one that heard Rod sing this song.. ..

so stop with the mud slinging ..

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Looks like there is only a handful of us left from this original time line. Noobs and their Mandela.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join