It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.C. ROBERT MUELLER Files Court Complaint Against the FAKE NEWS Media.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse
I want to see them suspend the licenses of media promoting fake news for a while as a warning, including any online activity.. Not people on facebook repeating fake news made up by the MSM, steering people to believe something different than is really happening. Enough is enough.

There are no 'licenses' for media.

This isn't Venezuela.

In America, media companies have to be registered and approved by the government, as such.

Wrong.

Broadcast media must be registered with the FCC, but not Newspapers.
www.sparknotes.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I want to see them suspend the licenses of media promoting fake news for a while as a warning, including any online activity.. Not people on facebook repeating fake news made up by the MSM, steering people to believe something different than is really happening. Enough is enough.

This isn't Venezuela.

In America, media companies have to be registered and approved by the government, as such.

Wrong.

Are you talking about yourself? Wake up, we have agencies that govern media and they have rules, one is that they must not knowingly misrepresent the truth or outright lie. They can lose their right to have the business if they break the rules, which means they cannot gain any advertising revenue or any income from their business whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Its goingn be funny to find out its his own rabid Trump hating attorneys, but not suprising.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

This isn't Venezuela.

Wrong.

Are you talking about yourself? Wake up, we have agencies that govern media and they have rules, one is that they must not knowingly misrepresent the truth or outright lie. They can lose their right to have the business if they break the rules, which means they cannot gain any advertising revenue or any income from their business whatsoever.

Ma'am, I don't think the FCC is going to do anything; If they continue to allow Alex Jones and Savage to call for civil war on the AM radio.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

This isn't Venezuela.

Wrong.

Broadcast media must be registered with the FCC, but not Newspapers.
www.sparknotes.com...

That is specifically broadcast media. Media that is broadcast over airwaves. In essence, it is 'airwaves' that are licensed, not media. This is partly to prevent degradation of signal due to multiple transmitters on the same frequency.

Cable TV is unregulated. You know, like Fox News or CNN.

Internet media is obviously unregulated.
edit on 21Fri, 22 Jun 2018 21:40:25 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I remember Howard Stern and Infinity Broadcasting being fined in the hundreds of thousands for every instance of"Indecency"as defined by the FCC.I believe that was reason for him going satellite radio.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This isn't Venezuela.

Wrong.

Nope.

The only 'media licenses' are over-the-air. Cable and internet media is unregulated.

The idea that all media is regulated is ridiculous. It's not even most media... it's a very, very narrow set of media due to limitations in physical laws and puritan values.

Fox News lies regularly. It's still on cable. Strange, that.
edit on 21Fri, 22 Jun 2018 21:45:34 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This isn't Venezuela.

First, here is a clarification of the first amendment, read the whole two pages. www.casebriefs.com... of-first-amendment-protection/

The FCC governs the companies that broadcast media.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You seem unwilling to accept that only over-the-air media is regulated by the FCC.

That is the error in your pronouncement: it was far too generalized.
edit on 21Fri, 22 Jun 2018 21:55:42 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

This isn't Venezuela.

Wrong.

Ma'am, I don't think the FCC is going to do anything; If they continue to allow Alex Jones and Savage to call for civil war on the AM radio.

Yeah, I suppose you are right, they let Alex Jones blab away.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You seem unwilling to accept that only over-the-air media is regulated by the FCC.

Every major media has over the air attached to it, our local TV stations give the news, the major networks are over the air in this country, or they use over the air or through the line broadcasting to deliver their signal. If they get the classification that gives them a major tax breaks, then there are regulations and licensing and regulations that apply. In order to collect money from advertisers, they must follow regulations by another agency, and that requires a license too.

Yet, a person or organization doing a commercial on TV can lie about it without worrying, some lies are allowable while others are not. Slander is not legal in the USA, if the news lies they can be sued too, most times they carry an insurance policy and lawyers to take care of that.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

This isn't Venezuela.

Wrong.

Nope.

The only 'media licenses' are over-the-air. Cable and internet media is unregulated.

The idea that all media is regulated is ridiculous. It's not even most media... it's a very, very narrow set of media due to limitations in physical laws and puritan values.

Lets see, almost one hundred percent of communication goes either through lines or over the air. The internet uses signals from satelites, so does every cable company. That makes the media need to be licensed since their signal goes through one or more of those transmission types. I would think they would have a milder version of a license for a local newspaper that goes online, probably just a registration would be needed. I do not need to be licensed because I do not have a business where I profit from anything. I wonder if ATS is licensed since some people derive income from advertisers?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

This isn't Venezuela.

Wrong.

Nope.

Lets see, almost one hundred percent of communication goes either through lines or over the air. The internet uses signals from satelites, so does every cable company. That makes the media need to be licensed since their signal goes through one or more of those transmission types. I would think they would have a milder version of a license for a local newspaper that goes online, probably just a registration would be needed. I do not need to be licensed because I do not have a business where I profit from anything. I wonder if ATS is licensed since some people derive income from advertisers?

Still nope.

There are no licenses for media.

There are licenses for airwaves.

Some media (generally TV and radio) broadcast over-the-air.

To broadcast over-the-air, they need a license.

Kind of like how you can buy a car, leave it sitting in a yard, and nobody's going to ask for a license. Yet, when you take it out on the road you need a license.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

The FCC is responsible for managing and licensing the electromagnetic spectrum for commercial users and for non-commercial users including: state, county and local governments. This includes public safety, commercial and non-commercial fixed and mobile wireless services, broadcast television and radio, satellite and other services. In licensing the spectrum, the Commission promotes efficient and reliable access to the spectrum for a variety of innovative uses as well as promotes public safety and emergency response.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

They broadcast CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, and CNBC over the air here, since those companies do broadcast from their affiliates they must be licensed, when licensed all of their activity is governed. You are just reading and providing a part of those regulations. You have to learn to comprehend that there is more to all of this than you see at first glance. The rules were written by our government, some long ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Where were the FCC fines when Fox News played footage with palm trees in the background in a story about 'violent Wisconsin protests' - hmm?

edit on 22Fri, 22 Jun 2018 22:31:53 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Where were the FCC fines when Fox News played footage with palm trees in the background in a story about 'violent Wisconsin protests' - hmm?

Yes, they should have gotten fined too. If these news agencies would have been getting fined all along for lies and making up things, it would have never escalated to what we have today, completely fake news everywhere, I do not know whether to believe anything on MSM anymore. That includes fox too. What is happening to our society, I thought electing the best liar into the white house was normal, and media has always been good at delivering propaganda. But lately it is getting so polarized, we do not need the media causing chaos in our country by stimulating polarization. No other supposedly civilized nation would allow this kind of polarization to develop in their societies.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

There is a distinction that should be made about air waves ie am and fm band and short wave and side bands . Those are they types that are regulated and require licencing to a degree . Your kids small walkitalki's dont need a licence because they have only a small amount of power and would not disrupt the air waves . Cable and satellite are not the same thing .much like fiber optics . Even your standard CB radios have a restricted power output of about 4 watts .

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This might be a desire of yours, but it is not reality. That is what I'm trying to communicate. I personally disagree with your desire as well, but you're certainly free to hold it.

For example, this is a license to station:

WCBS-TV NEW YORK, NY Virtual Channel 2 RF Channel 36 Facility ID 9610

Again, from the horse's mouth:

We license only individual broadcast stations. We do not license TV or radio networks (such as CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox) or other organizations with which stations have relationships (such as PBS or NPR), except to the extent that those entities may also be station licensees. We also do not regulate information provided over the Internet, nor do we intervene in private disputes involving broadcast stations or their licensees. Instead, we usually defer to the parties, courts, or other agencies to resolve such disputes.

This is why President Trump can't take away the license of NBC... it doesn't have one.
edit on 23Fri, 22 Jun 2018 23:03:38 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Pyle

ATS rules say that only approximately 10% of the article should be pasted into the Opening Post. We pick what we think is most important.

ATS rules dont say anything about chopping up articles to fit a narrative you are trying to manufacture.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

a reply to: Pyle

ATS rules say that only approximately 10% of the article should be pasted into the Opening Post. We pick what we think is most important.

ATS rules dont say anything about chopping up articles to fit a narrative you are trying to manufacture.

You are correct. ATS grants us personal freedom in that regard.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join