It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration tightens rules for federal scientists talking to reporters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wow. Trump is really cleaning house. This is probably going to make a few tiny minds explode but I'm ok with that.

LA Times

A new directive from the Trump administration instructs federal scientists with the U.S. Geological Survey to get approval from its parent agency before agreeing to most interview requests from reporters, according to employees and emails from officials with the Department of the Interior and USGS.

USGS employees who spoke with The Times on condition of anonymity because they were unauthorized to do so say the new protocol represents a dramatic change in decades of past media practices at the scientific agency and will interfere with scientists’ ability to quickly respond to reporters’ questions. They expected that taxpayers would see less of the USGS’ scientific expertise as reporters seek scientific comment elsewhere.

Wait wait wait. Let me cover the CNN response to this and get this out of the way first.

Trump wants to destroy science and ruin global climate change by producing accurate and reliable science! What a joke! This is going to ruin my entire narrative!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I haven't had any professional job where I wasn't restricted from talking to reporters. This is mostly common sense and definitely good to see.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Makes ya wonder huh, why are they doing this?

Is it to hide something or create more accurate reporting?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I am going to go with hiding something. This is ATS after all

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Possibly, but what?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The big one!!! Yellowstone is going to go boom this 4th of July. It will be the best ever.

Disclaimer here. If that actually does happen do not blame me

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
He's hiding the Reptilian fossils from us!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yes, Trump silencing scientists from reporting their findings will surely lead to more accurate reporting.

This place is a parody

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Trump can make all the directives he wants but he can't even keep the leakers from his own administration from talking to the press. The entire WH leaks like a sieve.
edit on 22-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Because everything Trump does is good, and decent and in the best interest of the universe and beyond.
He's an amazing white wonder who's never made a bad judgment in his life. If trump says it, you can take it to the bank.

To Hell with the constitution! If he had lived back in the day with the founding fathers, he would have torn it up, rewritten it and called it "The Trump Chronicles"! Bow, and suck in the pure other-worldly magnificence, the like this world has never seen. !!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

It can go both ways. Could lead to more accuracy and less incidents of crying wolf, on the other hand, could be implemented to silence important info from becoming public knowledge.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Well, it's highly unusual for the federal government to not have a specific policy in place for communications of any form

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Possibly, but what?
Nibiru, of course.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

is that why the volcanic activity has increased because of planet x??

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It does seem ramped up quite a bit recently.

I'm not sold on Planet X yet. I've seen enough cpu models that explain things without an undiscovered planet out there. Nothing rules it out as yet of course.

More on topic, I have no issue with Trump tightening the rules here. I have no idea about his reasoning but maybe it will help prevent some disinfo. Or the opposite could be true...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It's from page 9 on the Nazi Party playbook.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It seems to me everytime Trump says follow the rules and laws, the media says tightens up or zero tolerance.

It sounds like they are not used to a POTUS who obeys his oath and the laws of the land.
edit on 22-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You guys are really defending authoritarian practices, censorship and all that?

Trump was right, he could shoot a person in the middle of a crowded street and no one would do anything to him.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So basically we don't have the right to know what they have been researching and finding things which we paid taxes for? Too early to finally declare Trump an authoritarian, like certain people?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am going to have to side on this may be a good thing. Media has proven time and time again that they don't simply report facts but sensationalism. This faux news sensationalism comes from all biased sides.

Naturally, I will still be skeptical about what the government may be hiding. Sigh. But overall, the 'reporters' have shown they don't report facts but seek to spin the facts into frenzied $$$.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join