It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military may house immigrant children as Trump policy beset by confusion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

America has a duty to help when we can.

Helping these children and their parents will only make us stronger.

Housing them while they wait to be vetted and seen by a judge is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Which is a good thing.

The republicans better walk carefully here. If they treat these people wrong and then they , through legal means, become citizens what party do you think they will end up voting for?

The republicans have a chance, by treating these people humanly , to create future republicans.

Of course that's assuming the current republican doesn't mind having a bunch of central and mexican people in their party.
I honestly don't know what the republicans are anymore.

And the barracks arn't that bad. There better then the fenced in areas they were at.

The housing is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
As a former military man myself, I can tell you right now.

If need be, whever the situation calls, we can set up the tents, mess hall, and any other crap we need with air conditioning and proper guard detail OVER NIGHT.

I dont want kids separated, but I dont want people running free and wild either.

Theres no reason why we cant set up living situations like they had for us when I served in Desert Storm.

And if that doesnt satisfy the liberal left, then by god they can get bent, if it was good enough for us THEN and NOW to fight wars for over 20 years then by god its good enough for people who came here illegally, and we are taking care of.

Just making sure people read this.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Right now it looks like the republicans are causing all the hold up.

Why can't they get behind trump on this and change the damn law?

They back him when he talks that BS about mexico paying for a 2000 mile long wall but when he takes real concrete steps to fix a problem they turn their back.

Maybe I am right. Maybe the trumpsters really did take over the republican party and the trumpsters hate all immigrants.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
70,000??? Well that escalated quickly!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Unaccompanies alien children means kids who showed up alone. Its a phrase that has meaning. You are using your own meaning and refusing to understand that its meaning is established already.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What does unaccompanied kids mean? How old are they? How and where are these kids detained? Surely 4 year olds are not out walking in the desert getting caught by border patrol? Go after the coyotes and immigrant smuggling syndicates, death penalty.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Ok.

But we still need to deal with the kids

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I bet the majority of those kids parents are here in the u.s. waiting (most likely illegaly) for them. The rest are 19, 20 and up posing as minors. This situation seems to be escalating quickly and appears to be taking an ugly turn for the worse.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Which is a good thing.

The republicans better walk carefully here. If they treat these people wrong and then they , through legal means, become citizens what party do you think they will end up voting for?

The republicans have a chance, by treating these people humanly , to create future republicans.

Of course that's assuming the current republican doesn't mind having a bunch of central and mexican people in their party.
I honestly don't know what the republicans are anymore.

And the barracks arn't that bad. There better then the fenced in areas they were at.

The housing is a good thing.

The military has a way moving people to the right.

You havent seen many barracks. My unit got put up in the quonset huts at camp Pendleton. One of the quonsets is latrines. Something went horribly wrong and an inch of turd water came up from the floor drains. Had to climb like a #ing monkey across the stalls to get to a usable toilet where you feet wouldnt be resting in #. Watched one guy fall in the # water. One of the funniest moments of my life.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Is this for 20,000 children or 20,000 people including children and their parents? NPR doesnt know.

www.npr.org...

KELLY: Right, and in flux. And we're talking families, just children - do we know?

BOWMAN: This would be - HHS is asking for up to 20,000 beds for unaccompanied children.

KELLY: OK.

BOWMAN: But you're right. As far as where the families would go, would that be part of this as well? Would Department of, you know, Homeland Security be asking for additional bed space for families? At this point we don't know. It's only HHS at this point.

Another important fact is that this also for unaccompanied children. Those kids do have to be housed somewhere, they cant be left in the streets

KELLY: Another question is - we're talking unaccompanied children, thousands of unaccompanied children. 

And apparently there is precedent for this type of action

BOWMAN: Yeah. We don't have an answer to that either. During the Obama administration, they did house thousands of children for a short time at some of these very military bases, 

edit on 22-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Lots of cattle cars and buses, ship them all back and build that damned wall FFS's.

Cheers - Dave

I suggested that but someone debated me and said the wall wouldn't work. When I questioned as to why it wouldn't work his response was that because people will still really want to come in and figure out how to get around the wall. When I rebutted his statement with logical reasoning about how we could prevent that, he responded with yeah but the wall will not work. So there we are.

I designed a lot of the perimeter systems for the south Africans, armscor, sadf, mi/ci, etc., for the Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland borders, plus all the keypoints and system critical resources. Perimeters work, especially lethal ones. I can think of about 3000 terrorists that couldn't argue that point.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/22.2018 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Lots of cattle cars and buses, ship them all back and build that damned wall FFS's.

Cheers - Dave

I suggested that but someone debated me and said the wall wouldn't work. When I questioned as to why it wouldn't work his response was that because people will still really want to come in and figure out how to get around the wall. When I rebutted his statement with logical reasoning about how we could prevent that, he responded with yeah but the wall will not work. So there we are.

j

I designed a lot of the perimeter systems for the south Africans, armscor, sadf, mi/ci, etc., for the Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland borders, plus all the keypoints and system critical resources. Perimeters work, especially lethal ones. I can think of about 3000 terrorists that couldn't argue that point.

Cheers - Dave

I know right? It is as if they believe that wall technology doesn't exist. lol. They believe it will just be steel and mortar. They haven't got the slightest clue in the advancements of Wallology. I bet they didn't ever know that are things like moving walls.

edit on 22-6-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: toysforadults
that's a boatload of kids let me guess the majority of them came alone right??

I don't know, the article doesn't get into that and the point of the article is that nobody knows what's going on, hence their emphasis on confusion.

Are these children already detained and we're being fed fake news in order to cover up the scale of this? Or is the government going to continue with the same policies and just keep pushing off the vote for reform?

Either way, it smells very fishy, doesn't it?

The numbers coming out the other day were 12,000 kids... the 2400 number is kids taken from their parents. The remaining 9600 of those were kids who crossed on their own, or were captured without any family present.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I agree with you about that. But if done the wrong way it will make dem voters.

I come from a military family.
They are all republicans.

And yes some of them especially after being in the harsh border center and going to a barracks with better beds , more room and much better food, are going to remember the military being kind to them.

The day right before trump sent the prosecutors and decided to house the immigrants in better conditions I said that was my solution to the problem.

Except I said houses (barracks are better) and that we needed to send defense lawyers and judges.
Trump only sent the prosecutors but that is ok because a big group of defense lawyers got together and went down there to give free defense to them.

That's the way it should be . We as citizens have the ability to help out more and we shouldn't just put it on the government.

I honestly feel like our government is taking steps to fix this. They were slow to start and made some big mistakes but this is a truly complected issue.

Just look at how long these border conversations have been going on here at ats.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join