It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not another imigration thread!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: network dude

Please define a criminal??

Criminal- someone who breaks laws.

Laws- rules set by a countries people to fix problems that were important enough to warrant official action.

Those are the definitions as I understand them, feel free to post what you think they mean, and we might find out why you think like you do.

ha!
LOL

Perhaps you should study a bit

I think you are tracking the source of much confusion now.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of criminal 1 : relating to, involving, or being a crime criminal neglect a criminal organization 2 : relating to crime or to the prosecution of suspects in a crime criminal statistics brought criminal action the criminal justice system 3 : guilty of crime; also : of or befitting a criminal a criminal mind 4 : disgraceful It's criminal how unfunny this comedy is. —Rick Bentley — criminally adverb

I'll wait for your definition. Step up to the plate.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Idea : they can apply for asylum by one of the 6 embassy's in Mexico right ?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No jobs from the corporate oligarchy, addicted to cheap labor, and the immigration problem would go away.

Elephant in the room eh?

But Trump essentially contended that bringing in cheap labor under the H2B visa system — which allows only for temporary entry into the country — won't hurt U.S. workers because there aren't enough available hands for farmers now.

"The unemployment picture is so good, it's so strong, that we have to let people come in," he said. "They're going to be guest workers. They're going to come in, they're going to work on your farms ... but then they have to go out."

NBC News - 29th April 2018

if Trump extends this philosophy across the full corporate spectrum, whilst ensuring US citizens get 1st dibs at all available jobs, this would go a long way in addressing the 'corporate oligarchy' system wanting the cheap labor would it not? Especially if forced to pay award wages if they want the foreign workers in the first place.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

No jobs from the corporate oligarchy, addicted to cheap labor, and the immigration problem would go away.

Elephant in the room eh?

I agree, we have to stop the incentive. We dont often agred but i would give this a hundred stars if i could.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: howtonhawky

Ramping up the fake ass excuses like rape and drug smuggling in an attempt to garner faux outrage is not gonna work.

Ramping up the BS emotional sob stories like babies "yelling papa papa!" and some poor sod offing himself cuz he got caught in an attempt to undermined logic and facts. because Edward Bernays taught PR firms that emotion overrides logic... that's the only reason this is an issue at all. Media companies want ratings so they tug at emotions to foment manufactured outrage.

I agree with op "This topic is primarily a dog whistle" and only the people that think the MSM is gospel bark. good way to test the portion of the population that toes the line when told to.

That is why i have resorted to looking to the constitution to solve the problem

Back to the foundation

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

that's a fantastic idea. It would be safe and they could wait at their own home for the process to start working. And if all they wanted to do was come for a work visa, they could get one of them as well. Much safer and the children wouldn't be in danger from the days in the desert.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"Not another imigration thread!!!!"

Not to worry. We'll be back to the useless gun control or LGB*** threads in no time.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Trump is 100% right in wanting order at the border but we have to do it as per the constitution.

Ramping up the fake ass excuses like rape and drug smuggling in an attempt to garner faux outrage is not gonna work.

But you didn’t put forth your opinion on how to fix it...which is what this thread is all about.

We already know what is not working, and that’s what we are doing now. How about what you think WILL work?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Elephant in the room eh?

IMO migration is an earthly function that can be regulated but not stopped without serious earthly consequences.

I believe we can get it right soon enough.

But you didn’t put forth your opinion on how to fix it...which is what this thread is all about.

We already know what is not working, and that’s what we are doing now. How about what you think WILL work?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What always strikes me as funny in the border argument is how people ignore some pretty serious signs that life along the border is a bit out of whack.

There are large stretches of land for sale for less than 500 dollars an acre, and they have been for sale for years... Why?

The only thing I can come up with is the drug runners are dangerous to the locals, but as soon as people say enforce the border people scream think of the children.

Personally I say lets secure it as well as possible and in parralel work at stream lining the process so people dont think paying a coyote is the best way to get here.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump meets families who have been "separated", due to Illegal aliens killing them intentionally, or unintentionally..like drunk driving.

Kids separated from their law-breaking parents for a short time at the border is NOTHING by comparison.

Fake News is being exposed. Dims are being exposed.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

This was not directed at me but I have an idea. Instead of looking at all these immigrants as criminals why not make it easier for them to be in the States legally? Have them in "provisionally". Then process them without all this rancor.

link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

it's not Mexican's coming here.

Actually a lot of Mexican's go back to Mexico after they save enough money and pay off their home.

They are a very prideful people.

edit on 21-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: howtonhawky

Ramping up the BS emotional sob stories like babies "yelling papa papa!" and some poor sod offing himself cuz he got caught in an attempt to undermined logic and facts. because Edward Bernays taught PR firms that emotion overrides logic... that's the only reason this is an issue at all. Media companies want ratings so they tug at emotions to foment manufactured outrage.

I agree with op "This topic is primarily a dog whistle" and only the people that think the MSM is gospel bark. good way to test the portion of the population that toes the line when told to.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
What always strikes me as funny in the border argument is how people ignore some pretty serious signs that life along the border is a bit out of whack.

There are large stretches of land for sale for less than 500 dollars an acre, and they have been for sale for years... Why?

The only thing I can come up with is the drug runners are dangerous to the locals, but as soon as people say enforce the border people scream think of the children.

Personally I say lets secure it as well as possible and in parralel work at stream lining the process so people dont think paying a coyote is the best way to get here.

The cartels literally run the government so it's not safe to buy land in that part of the country

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Elephant in the room eh?

I'd say so, something most people don't want to acknowledge is if you secure a job up her you get a green card.... But that means the employer must adhere to regulations of workers rights and wages.

There is not a block on immigrants, just illegals.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Why do anything at all. We should embrace the immigrants and make them citizens. It will grow the economy. We are all from the same planet.

I think the whole immigrant issue is just scapegoating used in scoring political points with people who hate.

If you think immigrants are the cause of all your problems maybe you are not focusing on the right problems.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

This was not directed at me but I have an idea. Instead of looking at all these immigrants as criminals why not make it easier for them to be in the States legally? Have them in "provisionally". Then process them without all this rancor.

If we do that without locking down the border tighter than a horses ass in fly season then it won’t work.

We can give every illegal in this country amnesty but if we don’t lock down the border we will have the same problem we have today in just a few years.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

People who don't want to legalize immigration are probably hiring illegals because it's more profitable than paying the employer's 1/2 of social security.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Elephant in the room eh?

IMO migration is an earthly function that can be regulated but not stopped without serious earthly consequences.

I believe we can get it right soon enough.

Follow the constitution

It clearly states that naturalization is a federal function

let the states secure their borders however they see fit.

let the fed come up with an agreeable naturalization process that keeps our borders language and culture in tact.

this would include removing federal laws surrounding drugs

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join