It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ordered the government to stand-down after Russian cyber attacks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Report here. This is also all over Twitter.

The Obama White House’s chief cyber official testified Wednesday that proposals he was developing to counter Russia’s attack on the U.S. presidential election were put on a “back burner” after he was ordered to “stand down” his efforts in the summer of 2016.

You know, many of us on ATS and elsewhere have wondered how the DNC could refuse to allow the FBI to examine their server, and get away with it. Wanna bet the FBI was ordered to stand down as well?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Rats jumping the sinking ship.

They really thought that HRC would win.

I wouldn't hire that insurance policy they were talking about.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sounds like an Epic Administrative Failure 😎

and/or the ultimate "Choke and Gag" 😎

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like an Epic Administrative Failure 😎

and/or the ultimate "Choke and Gag" 😎

you forget all the threads with irrefutable proof that Russia made no cyber attacks, you created?

the fake narratives? the dems delusional claims of Russian cyber threats. etc ..

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Didn't Russia try to hack US nuclear launch codes to nuke America>?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

The Obama White House’s chief cyber official testified Wednesday that proposals he was developing to counter Russia’s attack on the U.S. presidential election were put on a “back burner” after he was ordered to “stand down” his efforts in the summer of 2016.

You know, many of us on ATS and elsewhere have wondered how the DNC could refuse to allow the FBI to examine their server, and get away with it. Wanna bet the FBI was ordered to stand down as well?

Same guy who broke the Dossier story? Michael Isikoff?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sounds like grounds for a collusion investigation, at the very least tap his phone.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The other possibility is they needed a Russian narrative against Trump and decided to use the chaos inaction created to blame Trump while concealing the coup in the Russia mess. Also didnt Brennen and company start visiting London around the same time?
edit on 21-6-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It's also just surfaced that Christopher Steele visited the State Department in October 2016 (a month before the election).

But I'm sure he and John Kerry were just talking about grandkids.

edit on 21-6-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The other possibility is they needed a Russian narrative against Trump and decided to use the chaos inaction created to blame Trump while concealing the coup in the Russia mess. Also didnt Brennen and company start visiting London around the same time?

Of all the theories about why this was done, this one makes the most sense.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Apparently that flexibility included bending over backwards to let Russia play with our election

I get the feeling that Russian agents were playing both sides of the aisle...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Russia threat to America is like Saudi Arabia threat to Iran. Bigger land. Half the people. Geographically near but no border.
edit on 21-6-2018 by ThanosOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ThanosOrder

Why would they need to do that? They have a nuclear triad of their own.

Besides, the launch codes only authenticate a person authorized to order the launch. Physical soldiers (with multiple fail-safes) have to actually fire the weapons. I believe that code is changed frequently (daily?)
edit on 6/21/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Butterfinger

Apparently that flexibility included bending over backwards to let Russia play with our election

Aaaand Uranium one

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
For a split second I thought this might be the last straw for the "Trump-Russia collusion" myth believers. I know better though. It's their religion, they need it and they won't let go. It's obvious it's a farce though. Obama and his cronies didn't care about Russian interference when they thought Clinton was going to win.

Those of you who still believe this, you've been taken for the ride of a lifetime.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

They were. When they investigated the Russian propaganda, they found they were playing both sides of pretty much every issue. The goal was to sew discord and undermine faith in the elections.

They succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: ThanosOrder

Why would they need to do that? They have a nuclear triad of their own.

Besides, the launch codes only authenticate a person authorized to order the launch. Physical soldiers (with multiple fail-safes) have to actually fire the weapons. I believe that code is changed frequently (daily?)

even if they use the launch codes.
they Can NOT change the targets!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This is huge!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Andy, they just planted the seeds; America's culture of petty bickering cultivated the seed into a blossoming flower of stupidity.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I think more on this is coming soon. It was like surrendering America.

top topics

join