It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels congressional picnic to work on pressing issues

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Live ABC News Special Report:

Trump announces he will cancel tomorrows congressional picnic in favor of addressing more urgent matters such as family separation at the border.

"It doesn't feel right to have a picnic when there are so many urgent issues that need addressed."

Trump will likely use an executive order to reverse the policy set forth by Bill Clinton in 1996 requiring the separation of children from their parents while in detention facilities.

I wonder how many liberals will applaud this humanitarian effort made by OUR President.

Thank you President Trump for once again showing you are headed in the right direction.

As seen on an ABC live news special report 6/20/18, 11:15 AM.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I wonder how many liberals will applaud this humanitarian effort made by OUR President.

Spoiler alert:

None.

Instead, they'll move to a different deflection.

That's what they're doing ever since their party started to fall apart.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Something very big going to happen today.

Already hearing rumors the DHS is sending new orders.

😎

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It needed to change and it is happening. But as usual the media is blaming Trump for a problem he didn't create and not giving him credit for trying to fix it.

Same sh1t - different day.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's unprecedented decisions like THIS (along with not using AirForce One, not drawing a salary etc) that make me like him more and more (and I am NOT conservative at all).
Say what you will but Trump is proving to be an exceptionally strong leader!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
originally posted by: [post=23508805]Vroomfondel
Instead, they'll move to a different deflection.

I wonder how many people are getting so sick and tired of being outraged ALL the time... "RUSSIA!!!" "STORMY DANIALS!!!" "NORTH KOREA!!!!" "RUSSIA AGAIN!!!" "GRAB EM BY THE P**!!!!!"" "RUSSIA ONCE MORE!!!" "CRYING CHILDREN!!!!"

and on and on we go... like give it a rest jeez... I don't have enough energy to care THIS MUCH about things that have been going on for DECADES but NOW people want to somehow blame Trump for it... it's just silly...

Look I didn't' vote for Obama, but if the economy was good during his tenure I would have been like "oh wow guess I was wrong and having a national healthcare system WAS good for the economy" unfortunately I wasn't wrong.

But you know who IS wrong? The People who said "IF Trump is elected, the economy would crash!" "IF Trump is elected, we'll be sent into World war Three!" "If Trump is elected, Russia will be running the show!" blah blah blah wrong wrong wrong! People must be seeing this, and I for one, believe they are. The more the media makes up this faux outrage every week in and week out, the more support they are LOSING and the More trump is WINNING.

#MAGA

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It needed to change and it is happening. But as usual the media is blaming Trump for a problem he didn't create and not giving him credit for trying to fix it.

Same sh1t - different day.

he is responsible for jailing asylum seekers by ending the exception to the border crossing law

that is the difference

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

The only reason these children are an issue now is because Russia this, Russia that, gun control, and Stormy Daniels didn't work as well as democrats hoped.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

"It doesn't feel right to have a picnic when there are so many urgent issues that need addressed."

Lol.
You believe that ?

Perhaps taking less "executive time" would be a better idea.

edit on 20-6-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Do you not?

The picnic is more urgent to you then?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

maybe congress should get off their asses and legislate.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What will they do with the appropriated food ?

I know.....give it to the Children !!!!

link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Do you not?

No , it's nonsense.

There are many things more important than a picnic but not having the picnic will make no difference.

link   

originally posted by: gortex

Lol.
You believe that ?

Perhaps taking less "executive time" would be a better idea.

Yes I believe that. Do you have a valid reason to not believe it? I'd like to see a source if you have one.

His executive time didn't cause this problem and it will take more than one person to solve it. At lest he is addressing it. This problem started in 1996 with clinton and no one has addressed it yet. Except for Trump, that is...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

maybe congress should get off their asses and legislate.

Senator Chuck Schumer offered yesterday to "loan" a pen to Trump.

Why not "give" him a pen ?

Hmmmm 😃

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Do you not?

No , it's nonsense.

There are many things more important than a picnic but not having the picnic will make no difference.

And if he went to that picnic while there were children sitting in foster care with sponsors instead of being with their parents you would rail against him for it. It just more proof that it doesn't matter what he does, some people just won't be happy unless they are trying to hurt Trump.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Do you not?

No , it's nonsense.

Yea, sadly we can't go back to 1996 and stop Clinton of being elected or signing this order.

Now Trump needs to stop his doings to fix the Clinton's mess.

It's really nonsense.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor
You forgot the Nazi's and the racist statues...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wow, he skips a picnic, what an american superhero, call Marvel, they should create a comic about the orange one.

How many times has President Donald Trump played golf while in office?

Maybe he skipped the picnic because he needed that time for a little round of golf?

The Trump-"U"SA and it´s rightwinger supporters need to stop, they destroy the jobs of all comedians, political cabaret artists etc, worldwide. No sane person could even only think up what the Trump-"U"SA delivers to the world almost hour by hour now. This silly rubbish used as jokes before it became reality, by cabaret artists, and nobody would have laughed, because the jokes were too stupid and too far from reality.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

His executive time didn't cause this problem and it will take more than one person to solve it. At lest he is addressing it. This problem started in 1996 with clinton and no one has addressed it yet. Except for Trump, that is...

Well, to be fair, Obama did eventually snub his nose at on-the-books federal immigration laws and implement a catch-and-release policy (illegally, IMO [and the opinion of many in the legal field]) that let those violating federal immigration laws escape punishment and therefore remove any real deterrence to anyone wanting to illegally enter our country and take advantage of what we have to offer.

So, there's that.

Oh, you meant address it officially and legally...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join