It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I had a dream where I was in ancient Egypt, I think I was being embalmed or something, I recall a figure, who was covered in gold from head to foot and was shining like the sun, they were pouring liquid gold and silver onto my feet and legs....

was I having a OBE as the dream was very lucid, I recall asking god to help me, coz it then began to burn, so the gold figure that I saw came over to me as the thing had heard me telepathically, and started destroying the men pouring the gold onto my legs.

what might be the meaning of this dream?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kais123
I had a dream where I was in ancient Egypt, I think I was being embalmed or something, I recall a figure, who was covered in gold from head to foot and was shining like the sun, they were pouring liquid gold and silver onto my feet and legs....

was I having a OBE as the dream was very lucid, I recall asking god to help me, coz it then began to burn, so the gold figure that I saw came over to me as the thing had heard me telepathically, and started destroying the men pouring the gold onto my legs.

what might be the meaning of this dream?

was there a wet spot on your bed?

Maybe you needed to go to the toilet and had a lot of things in your system that made your pee yellow/gold.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

no, I never wet myself...it was a lucid dream, I belive I was actually there

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kais123
a reply to: InhaleExhale

no, I never wet myself...it was a lucid dream, I belive I was actually there

This is your 2nd thread in a few days about a vivid dream.

Have you searched any sites that give definitions of what dreams can mean?

I just googled "meaning of dreams" and quite a few sites, more new age and spiritual came up with a link or 2 about psychology and if dreams have meaning.

Although with so many sites chances are if you find anything resembling the symbology in your dream you may find that each site will have the authors opinion as I don't think dreams have a specific meaning but are very fluid and can have a specific meaning only for that individual where as another person may have a very similar dream with similar symbols but the meaning for them is completely different, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What you saw was the wrong doing of golden people.

www.npr.org...

See this monk. He did it wrong also. Your not suppose to pour hot gold on your body.

Egyptian afterlife had a believe system where if the king or some high rank person dies. All the slaves/pets dies with them also so they can serve with them in the afterlife. This is a lying system. Egyptians fell for it. That is why Egyptian empire is dead and long gone. It spread to China and I do believe some what the Qin emperor did with Terracotta warriors. By Chinese do it in a different way as they didn't really kill soldiers with them.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

the golden being was trying to help me that's all...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kais123

The Spirit of god is always watching. Learn some anceint greek and Egyptian history. The reason why we have statues during the hellenic era(Zeus). There is a believe system that the god(s) can watch you using statues based on their imagine. Why do you think Christians today still use Jesus statue or even Buddha in the East. This spread all over Earth in ancient times. Even in video games have shown god talking from statues(mostly greek mythology).
edit on 26-6-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Jeremiah 23:25-33

25 “I have heard the prophets who are prophesying lies in my name say, ‘I had a dream! I had a dream!’ 26 How long will this continue in the heart of the prophets, to prophesy lies? They are prophets of the deceit of their own heart. 27 They intend to make my people forget my name by the dreams they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot my name because of Baʹal. 28 Let the prophet who has a dream relate the dream, but the one who has my word should speak my word truthfully.”

“What does the straw have in common with the grain?” declares Jehovah.

29 “Is not my word just like a fire,” declares Jehovah, “and like a forge hammer that smashes the crag?”

30 “So here I am against the prophets,” declares Jehovah, “who steal my words from one another.”

31 “Here I am against the prophets,” declares Jehovah, “those who use their tongue to say, ‘He declares!’”

32 “Here I am against the prophets of lying dreams,” declares Jehovah, “who relate them and lead my people astray because of their lies and their boasting.”

“But I did not send them or command them. So they will not benefit this people at all,” declares Jehovah.

33 “And when this people or a prophet or a priest asks you, ‘What is the burden* of Jehovah?’ you should reply to them, ‘“You people are the burden! And I will cast you off,” declares Jehovah.’ [*: Or “burdensome message.” The Hebrew word has a double meaning: “a weighty divine pronouncement” or “something burdensome.”]

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Jeremiah 23:25-33

25 “I have heard the prophets who are prophesying lies in my name say, ‘I had a dream! I had a dream!’ 26 How long will this continue in the heart of the prophets, to prophesy lies? They are prophets of the deceit of their own heart. 27 They intend to make my people forget my name by the dreams they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot my name because of Baʹal. 28 Let the prophet who has a dream relate the dream, but the one who has my word should speak my word truthfully.”

“What does the straw have in common with the grain?” declares Jehovah.

29 “Is not my word just like a fire,” declares Jehovah, “and like a forge hammer that smashes the crag?”

30 “So here I am against the prophets,” declares Jehovah, “who steal my words from one another.”

31 “Here I am against the prophets,” declares Jehovah, “those who use their tongue to say, ‘He declares!’”

32 “Here I am against the prophets of lying dreams,” declares Jehovah, “who relate them and lead my people astray because of their lies and their boasting.”

“But I did not send them or command them. So they will not benefit this people at all,” declares Jehovah.

33 “And when this people or a prophet or a priest asks you, ‘What is the burden* of Jehovah?’ you should reply to them, ‘“You people are the burden! And I will cast you off,” declares Jehovah.’ [*: Or “burdensome message.” The Hebrew word has a double meaning: “a weighty divine pronouncement” or “something burdensome.”]

should I not be discussing my dreams?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Dreamland is a wild and wacky place..

I don't think there is always some "meaning" behind our dreams, more that any break in the consistency of how we perceive things throws us off immensely.

It doesn't actually sound like a lucid dream or an out of body experience either. Just one of those experiences where our neurology isn't parsing things the same as we are used to.

That might all sound dismissive, but I do think that actual lucid dreaming has a helluva lot more to it than we know.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Discuss what you want. You don't need my approval anyway.

I just thought it might be useful for people in a thread about dreams and their meaning to be aware of some historical behaviour related to dreams and those interpreting and relating their dreams to the flock* in a spiritual, theological or religious context (since the topic of God also came up in this thread and because this is the religion, faith&theology forum, not "paranormal studies" or "philosophy&metaphysics").

*: from the same chapter in Jeremiah:

1 Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!” declares Jehovah.

2 Therefore this is what Jehovah the God of Israel says against the shepherds who are shepherding my people: “You have scattered my sheep; you kept dispersing them, and you have not turned your attention to them.”

That's why I said "flock".

Dream: Insight, Volume 1

The thoughts or mental images a person has while asleep. The Scriptures refer to dreams from God (Nu 12:6), natural dreams (Job 20:8), and false dreams (Jer 29:8, 9) such as those that involve divination.​—Zec 10:2.
Natural Dreams. Natural dreams may be stimulated by certain thoughts or emotions, sensations or daily activities (anxiety, one’s physical condition, his occupation, and so forth). (Ec 5:3) These dreams are of no great significance. (Ps 73:20)
Concerning the pagan view of dreams, it is stated: “Babylonians had such trust in dreams that on the eve of important decisions they slept in temples, hoping for counsel. Greeks desiring health instruction slept in shrines of Aesculapius, and Romans in temples of Serapis. Egyptians prepared elaborate books for dream interpretation.” (Harper’s Bible Dictionary, edited by M. and J. L. Miller, 1961, p. 141) But such practices did not exist among faithful Hebrews and early Christians. The Scriptures warn against looking for omens, whether in natural dreams or in various incidents.​—De 18:10-12; see DIVINATION.

False Dreams. False dreams are Biblically condemned. ... God might sometimes speak to his true prophets by means of dreams (Nu 12:6), but he was against “the prophets of false dreams,” who led his people away from true worship. (Jer 23:25-32; 27:9, 10) Practicers of divination were described as speaking “valueless dreams.”​—Zec 10:2.

Divination: Insight, Volume 1

Divination embraces generally the whole scope of gaining secret knowledge, especially about future events, through the aid of spiritistic occult powers. (See SPIRITISM.) For consideration of specialized aspects of divination, see ASTROLOGERS; CONJURER; FORETELLER OF EVENTS; MAGIC AND SORCERY.

Practitioners of divination believe that superhuman gods reveal the future to those trained to read and interpret certain signs and omens, which, they say, are communicated in various ways: By celestial phenomena (the position and movement of stars and planets, eclipses, meteors), ..., ..., by the lines in the palm of the hand, by the casting of lots, and by the “spirits” of the dead.

Certain fields of divination have been given specific names. For example, ...; oneiromancy is divination by dreams; ...

edit on 28-6-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Very interesting and bright dream. Perhaps concentrate on the legs?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Judy21

I tried to concentrate on the legs....that's when it began to burn...it was definitely molten gold and silver they were pouring

join