It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The womp womp heard round the world!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Someone who used to be associated with trump was a jackass. And now its the top story.
*sigh*
Thats the news now, i guess. Instead of talking about the pros and cons of immigration and whats right for the country, its sensationalism and contests of indignation. Really makes me question the future of this country, when the guiding force in what a lot of people believe (the media) has come to this.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
the objective is to keep up the outrage.

The medias prerogative is clear and its basically sedition.

I hate whats happening at the border for these kids, it needs to be fixed to facilitate both our needs as a country for the illegal immigrants problem, and be humanitarian.

But the all out war on this president and administration by the media is criminal, I have not been a Trump supporter, I despise just about everything he has stood for

But If even I can see whats happening from my middle of the road standpoint, then people need to take notice, the media , the 3 letter agencies and others are literally trying to foment a civil war.

And it will make the last one look like a damn summer camp.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
So... bc I do not know this, but you seem to know more: is there a disabled ten year old girl with down syndrome who was separated from her mother or not?

Because, you know, don't be evil.

Deport the whole family, but separating children from their parents is evil and nothing else. The whole planet knows this.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

So womens correctional facilities the world over should be filled with children also?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Those children of women in correctional facilities reside with their FAMILIES outside prison. You know the point the comment was trying to make.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
So... bc I do not know this, but you seem to know more: is there a disabled ten year old girl with down syndrome who was separated from her mother or not?

Because, you know, don't be evil.

Deport the whole family, but separating children from their parents is evil and nothing else. The whole planet knows this.

Like i said I dont like this situation at all. But I also look for facts.

The people that were detained, were given the option to go back with their kids, or stay for processing and be separated until they could determine eligibility etc etc.

Those that chose to stay got separated.

Again I dont like this situation, but if my child was special needs and I was told what would happen if I stayed, I would take my child and go back and try another time, IF my intention was to come through this method.

At some point, personal responsibility has to come into play, they were given options.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Those children of women in correctional facilities reside with their FAMILIES outside prison. You know the point the comment was trying to make.

And those families outside prison have some kind of documentation saying that they are who they are and the child is who the child is.
Do the people showing up at the border have all those documents with them? Are the families able to come get the children? If not, you cant just hand children out like free hats.
These people chose to break the law. They are being arrested. You cant put children in jail with them. Thats not how jail works. So the government needs to figure out what to do with all these kids and how to make sure they aren't just releasing them to sex trafficers. Which is hard to do considering that their legitimate families are probably hundreds of miles away, and the required documentation may be missing.

There is no one to blame more than the parents who take their kid to an illegal crossing

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

And the ones who have family in the states are allowed to be released to them.

The problem here is multi faceted, its not as cut and dry as athe media would like to make it.

1. Many of these children came alone
2. MOST that came over were NOT with their parents.
3. There is a HUGE issue with child sex trafficking trying to be avoided.

Again , I dont like it, I hate that kids are being separated from adults, but it is NOT what the media is trying to inflame it to be and its NOT that simple.

That being said, like ive posted in other threads Ted Cruz, is pushing legislation to stop this from happening, but it appears no one wants to actually cover it.
edit on 20-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Assuming that....
1. Just letting everyone in
2. Detaining children in jails with their parents
Are both off the table, what is your solution? What should be done with the children?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Guys... you can't have it both ways. There are Rep/Con cheerleaders on this board that spend their entire days looking for people connected to the Democrats/Hillary/Obama et al that are involved in any wrongdoing whatsoever and immediately start a thread about it. It's stupid, yes. But stupid breeds stupid. So you shouldn't have your red-white-and-blue panties all in a twist when the same crap comes back your way.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

First off, why are the parents being arrested in the first place? Crossing the border without documentation is a misdemeanor, not a felony.

Why not keep doing what we've been doing? Keep families together and hold them in family residential centers until they can be processed.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

First off, why are the parents being arrested in the first place? Crossing the border without documentation is a misdemeanor, not a felony.

Why not keep doing what we've been doing? Keep families together and hold them in family residential centers until they can be processed.

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.  For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)

As for keeping families together, wouldnt it make more sense to figure out if they are a family first?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

The problem here is multi faceted, its not as cut and dry as athe media would like to make it.

Again , I dont like it, I hate that kids are being separated from adults, but it is NOT what the media is trying to inflame it to be and its NOT that simple.

That being said, like ive posted in other threads Ted Cruz, is pushing legislation to stop this from happening, but it appears no one wants to actually cover it.

They aren't talking about Cruz's legislation because they really dont want to do anything about the problem, except beat the president about the head over it. Also, the fact that it is Ted Cruz, and the left and media despise him doesnt help either.
edit on am66201818America/Chicago20p07am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Speeding isnt even a misdemeanor. Its an infraction. But get caught speeding in pecos tx after 5pm and you will spend the night in jail waiting for a judge. For the same reason....people werent returning for their hearing.

link   

Ms L v. ICE - Plaintiffs' Opposition to Defendants' Motion to Dismiss

This was the ACLU's response to the government's move to have the current lawsuit against them over this matter dismissed. It covers a lot of the reasons people use to justify the government's actions compete with legal precedent.

Not only did the judge agree with the ACLU and denied the motion to dismiss he described the current policy of this administration as "brutal, offensive, and fails to comport with traditional notions of fair play and decency."

link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: SailorJerry

They aren't talking about Cruz's legislation because they really dont want to do anything about the problem, except beat the president about the head over it. Also, the fact that it is Ted Cruz, and the left and media despise him doesnt help either.

Youre not wrong on that.

Its hard to beat up on the right when the ONLY person so far to offer a solution to their outrage is a republican , from Texas no less, and one who has been a champion of both Constitutional law, and immigration / border policies.

Just goes to prove when it doesnt fit the narrative, on the left or the right, it gets no sunshine.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Despite the media's attempt to portray a lopsided view of the 'poor children' (who are clearly being used by the parents) as sympathy shields...... America is Hip to the charade and deceptions.

These monetary refugees have one thing in mind. Coming here to plunder the system. They could not care less if they take away your job or displace Americans. And CLEARLY they are NO Patriots, or they wouldn't of bailed on their home country.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Additionally....not seperating them violates a scotus ruling....Flores v reno

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Speeding isnt even a misdemeanor. Its an infraction. But get caught speeding in pecos tx after 5pm and you will spend the night in jail waiting for a judge. For the same reason....people werent returning for their hearing.

Haha Pecos!

I lived a large part of my life in Marfa and Ruidosa, brother we really were out there on the frontier! I miss the pools in Balmorhea

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

They could not care less if they take away your job or displace Americans. And CLEARLY they are NO Patriots, or they wouldn't of bailed on their home country.

I feel thats a bit of a misnomer, I served with more than a few great patriots in my time in the military who were not from this country.

Lets not get too much in to hyperbole , it doesnt strengthen the case for the facts

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join