It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shrimp, fed pig feces and antibiotics, approved for the USA, of course it was.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
awarenessact.com...

ughhh, i went to a friends house, his freezer was filled with packaged food from china he bought at walmart/samsclub. i told him i do not think that is too safe, he griped at me.

i have insulted many friends by quietly asking someone, 'is this food clean?' meaning, all natural.

i pretty much do not eat at friends' places anymore.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Inside a vermicompost bin, worms eat both microorganisms and bits of organic material, which can come from food waste, animal manure, aquatic weeds and other sources.

Link
edit on 19-6-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't do farm raised seafood.
I know a few places I can go fill up a cooler with crab and shrimp at the right time of the year.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It is getting to the end of the line. The "natural" is filthy, the sea creatures who feed off the bottom are full of pollutants just about everywhere. Clean marine habitats produce pure seafood products. Not many clean places left.

sciencing.com...

A University of Colorado Boulder study shows that fish found in waterways laced with traces of endocrine-disrupting synthetic chemicals exhibit gender-bending; a phenomena in which male fish look and act like females and some possess both male and female organs. The study also shows that waters with traces of antidepressants affect fish behavior.

Study Finds Toxic Pollutants in Fish Across the World’s Oceans
Scripps researchers’ analysis shows highly variable pollutant concentrations in fish meat
Jan 28, 2016

A new global analysis of seafood found that fish populations throughout the world's oceans are contaminated with industrial and agricultural pollutants, collectively known as persistent organic pollutants (POPs).

scripps.ucsd.edu...

How Plastic In The Ocean Is Contaminating Your Seafood
December 13, 201310:07 AM ET

"The ocean is basically a toilet bowl for all of our chemical pollutants and waste in general," says Chelsea Rochman, a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California, Davis, who authored the study. "Eventually, we start to see those contaminants high up in the food chain, in seafood and wildlife." For many years, scientists have known that chemicals will move up the food chain as predators absorb the chemicals consumed by their prey. That's why the biggest, fattiest fish, like tuna and swordfish, tend to have the highest levels of mercury, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and other dioxins. (And that's concerning, given that canned tuna was the second most popular fish consumed in the U.S. in 2012, according to the National Fisheries Institute.)

www.npr.org...

Fish Out Of Water: Eating Polluted Seafood May Damage Humans' Natural Defense System
Apr 17, 2016 02:45 PM
www.medicaldaily.com...
edit on 19-6-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

If you believe that it's "All Natural" just because it claims to be on the package, then I have a bridge for you to look at, you'll love it !

All Natural must be defined first and foremost, pig feces could be considered all natural, at least from the pigs standpoint. As for shrimp, I can imagine they have their fill of feces everyday, they live, swim, and eat in the same place they and everything else goes potty.

And fertilizer is after all essentially aged poop and again "ALL Natural". Human poop is now used for fertilizer after treatment, that too is "All Natural".

modernfarmer.com...

And if shrimp eating pig feces throws you off, I promise you that you would rather not know what pigs eat

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Aren't shrimp bottom feeding poop feeders?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Not really, there are different varieties but most eat plankton and algea. One species actually eats small fish, they stun their prey by making a loud noise with a claw and then chow down.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Actually they eat the algae that can grow on the biofilm.....

Not sure if there's much of a difference.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

And I am with you...bottom feeders and poop aficionados. Makes sense they only eat the algea on the bottom fin as the whole thing would be a Pepto moment for a shrimp

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
We have a rule at my house...”never put anything from China in your mouth.”.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I like shrimp, and I usually consider taste of the product when buying them. The farm raised shrimp do not taste nearly as good as the real ones from the ocean. It seems that it is hard to find good shrimp around here anymore, so what do I do? I quit eating it, only rarely do I buy shrimp anymore and I now do not order it in the restaurants anymore. I don't care for the taste of farmed fish either, I like good Lake superior fish or wild caught pollack and cod. The frozen sockeye salmon filets are pretty good too, flash frozen ones, less sulfites in them than in supposedly fresh fish.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow.
Know whats funny ?
Most folks dont know what type of fertilizer farmers have been using since the beginning of time....
Everything from the feed the farm animals get , to that big beautiful red juicy tomato they have in their "all natural" salad
I will not say , but it is ALL NATURAL
From an ol Georgia farm boy...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We have a rule at my house...”never put anything from China in your mouth.”.
Unless it's consentual...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"Hey, Ma...that was sh!t in that gumbo."

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join