It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Responsible for U.S. immigration policy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Article I, Section 8, clause 4 of the Constitution entrusts the federal legislative branch with the power to “establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization.

The power belongs to the states concerning immigration.

The founders did not grant any power of immigration to the federal government.

www.americanbar.org...

It was not until the late 19th centu­ry that Congress began to actively reg­ulate immigration, in particular, with measures designed to restrict Chinese immigration. By this time, the Supreme Court had begun to articulate clear limits on state immigration powers.

States Rights

Currently California is the only state following the Constitution in this area and others could follow.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That's fine, we just extend the wall up the eastern edge of California. You can let all the illegals into Cali that you want.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Texas has, time and again, been refused rights to federal lands to build a wall.

This has been going on since the 1930s.

So while we[Texans] would LOVE to build our own wall, the federal government is the only proxy through which land could be used.
Because they either own the land or the authority to seize it.

So who has the true right to build the wall in reality?
Words and reality often are incongruent.

My wife and I would give an obscene amount of money and offer our time freely to get a wall built...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
All states have immigration policies I believe, it is for the good of their people. If you do not control immigration, all the criminals will flock to your country. On Mexico's side of the boarder they check the people coming into their country. If you go down to Mexico, you have to apply for residency or get approval. If you got money to give their government and support their economy, you can more easily get approval. Usually money flows in to Mexico when people go retire there, they like that.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

We can secure the border without a wall here.

Texas national guard can help.

We could deputize folks along the border to help.

It would not take much to activate the red necks.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
That's fine, we just extend the wall up the eastern edge of California. You can let all the illegals into Cali that you want.

An invisible wall already exist in California.

Just ask the truckers...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Texas has, time and again, been refused rights to federal lands to build a wall.

So while we[Texans] would LOVE to build our own wall, the federal government is the only proxy through which land could be used.

My wife and I would give an obscene amount of money and offer our time freely to get a wall built...

-Chris

Lol why? The stupid part of the wall plan isn't the fact that people want a wall....it's thinking a wall will somehow stop Mexicans from sneaking into america illegally. I mean honestly....if people can sneak in and out of north korea....some wall is really not going to stop illegal immigrants. I mean some of these people have already ridden for miles on death trains or sketchy boats from south america or come from places that are so #ed by gangs it might as well be a warzone. Some wall will not stop these people. I mean america and Mexico share two coastlines for # sake. The same corrupt border guards paid to look away will still look away,
Trucks full of people will still cross at proper border crossings. A wall really won't do # all.

This is what happens when your government destabilizes a country to profit from them. Where do you think the people are going to go when their countries become #holes.
edit on 19/6/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/6/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

-Chris

Lol why? The stupid part of the wall plan isn't the fact that people want a wall....it's thinking a wall will somehow stop Mexicans from sneaking into america illegally. I mean honestly....if people can sneak in and out of north korea....some wall is really not going to stop illegal immigrants. I mean some of these people have already ridden for miles on death trains or sketchy boats from south america or come from places that are so #ed by gangs it might as well be a warzone. Some wall will not stop these people. I mean america and Mexico share two coastlines for # sake.

If walls didn’t work then why are liberals so loathe to consider building one?

I know that when my grandmother, who was 83 and weighed 83 pounds, was beaten, raped and dismembered by an illegal in 1981 the first and only thought was why...
Why did this disgusting sociopathic Mexican gain access to our country by driving his car straight to west Texas?
Sidenote: he killed her for $18 in her own kitchen in the house her parents built in the 19th century..
It was a small town in west Texas who had not seen a murder since a qahadi Comanche band raided the town in 1860...

A wall would’ve stopped this..

See jerusalem and Israel if u don’t believe walls work...
Or watch old videos of the Brandenburg gate?

-Chris

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Everything in the constitution can be Trumped with this famous phrase " due to reasons of National Security" We have seen that happen more and more aggressively since 9/11.

edit on 19-6-2018 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I had a vision where someone was discussing the wall and the rationale was that if we had a wall then at least we would get only the strongest immigrants cause they would be the only ones to get across the wall.

survival of the fittest immigrant

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

-Chris

Lol why? The stupid part of the wall plan isn't the fact that people want a wall....it's thinking a wall will somehow stop Mexicans from sneaking into america illegally. I mean honestly....if people can sneak in and out of north korea....some wall is really not going to stop illegal immigrants. I mean some of these people have already ridden for miles on death trains or sketchy boats from south america or come from places that are so #ed by gangs it might as well be a warzone. Some wall will not stop these people. I mean america and Mexico share two coastlines for # sake.

If walls didn’t work then why are liberals so loathe to consider building one?

I know that when my grandmother, who was 83 and weighed 83 pounds, was beaten, raped and dismembered by an illegal in 1981 the first and only thought was why...
Why did this disgusting sociopathic Mexican gain access to our country by driving his car straight to west Texas?
Sidenote: he killed her for $18 in her own kitchen in the house her parents built in the 19th century..
It was a small town in west Texas who had not seen a murder since a qahadi Comanche band raided the town in 1860...

A wall would’ve stopped this..

See jerusalem and Israel if u don’t believe walls work...
Or watch old videos of the Brandenburg gate?

-Chris

How bout the Berlin wall?
Or perhaps...
www.politico.com...
This fairly well worded response to your examples and more.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

A – The word “immigration” does not appear in the U.S. Constitution or any of its Amendments. Article I, Section 8, Clause 4 does read, “… To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, …”. The 14th Amendment, Section 1 addresses the protection of “All persons born or naturalized in the United States,…” which extended citizenship through the States to the former slaves. The rules of immigration were reserved to the States through the 10th Amendment until the first Federal law was enacted in 1875. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled the following year that immigration regulation was an exclusive Federal responsibility.

source

Isn't it the job of SCOTUS to interpret all law?

Looks like they did.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

But actually immigration is a National security issue. unlike some other issues that aren't.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I meant Berlin Wall when I said Brandenburg gate...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Still can't go to jail with your parents.

How many of these threads are you gonna shotgun?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

My favorite is the polls floating around showing 70+% of Americans don't want to separate the families.

It neglects to tell you that included in that 70+% is people who want the families to stay together and get deported.

This is not a winning issue

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is not the mudpit

please addres the topic.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
We are talking about breaking the law OP.
What part of that do you not understand?

These people broke federal law by entering the country illegally. End of story.

California isn't following the constitution they are actively undermining federal law. By doing so they are jeopardizing the quality of lives of actual American citizens. California should just succeed from the republic and become the 3rd world nation it so desperately desires to be...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

that is a new cruel and unfair policy made by the current admin.

i am telling you they do not have the power granted by the constitution to make such policy or law.

i think you may want to view the op again

edit on 19-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

This is not the mudpit

please addres the topic.

I think your inability to address this topic is the topic.

You've made several threads on this one issue alone where one could have sufficed. But everywhere you go, you keep losing the debate due to hyperbole.

We all know where this thread is going. You're not interested in discussing any facts. This is evident by the fact that you are having the SAME discussion in this thread as in all the others you've made.

Stop. You're done, you just don't know it yet.

edit on 19 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join