It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Top Trump Aide Worked In Libya With Key Backers Of An Alleged "Sex Cult"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
First, some background.

The aide referred to in the title is Joe Hagin, the White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations. Prior to joining the Trump administration, Hagin was already an established swamp creature. You may recall him as Bush 43's Deputy Chief of Staff, 2001-2008. In fact, Hagin has worked in every single GOP administration from Reagan through Trump's.

Quite the establishment deep state type.

In 2009, along with former Secret Service director W. Ralph Basham, two former Bush chiefs of staff for the CBP, Steve Atkiss and Thad Bingel, Hagin founded Command Consulting Group (CCG). As is noted in the article below, CCG bills itself as "a global security and intelligence consulting firm that provides advisory services to governments, corporations, and high net worth individuals."

CCG offers a wide range of services from security assessments and personnel training to political consultancy, private intelligence and trade facilitation, through more than a handful of subsidiary companies under the CCG umbrella. Like a lot of international mercenary outfits, they're pretty hush hush when it comes to their clients.

One of those clients is/was Basit Igtet, a wealthy, Swiss-educated Libyan who was living in exile when Qaddafi was ousted and killed. Reportedly, Igtet's father was a rebel leader killed by Qaddafi and with his father's murderer out of the way, Igtet saw his chance to make it big in a new Libyan government. He's not an unknown but it's unlikely that most of you reading this have ever heard of him.

On the other hand, you may have heard of his wife, Sara Bronfman, daughter of deceased billionaire Edgar Bronfman, whose family made a fortune bootlegging from Canada during Prohibition in the US and in 1928, purchased Seagram's. The family's business empire eventually grew to include Universal Studios, NBC Universal, a big fat chunk of DuPont and other entities at its peak, up until about 2000 when it looks like things collapsed and large pieces were sold off to various buyers.

Interestingly, the Seagram heiress who was a known supporter of Lama Tenzin Dhonden, a very close aide to the Dalai Lama (& his emissary to the US), appears to also have been the supposedly celibate monk's lover in the years just before her interest in Libya and subsequent relationship with Igtet.

Lama Tenzin Dhonden, who was often characterized as the Dalai Lama's "gatekeeper," was last year canned by the Dalai Lama's trust over an influence peddling scandal. Implicated in this scandal is Bronfman herself. Chances are most of you don't recall hearing her name there either. Where you might recall hearing about her though is through her involvement with the sex slavery cult NXIVM, which was bankrolled to the tune of tens of millions of dollars by Sara and her younger sister Clare, who both became involved with the cult in the early oughts.

The two sisters were heavily involved with NXIVM, its leader Keith Raniere and its Executive Success Programs (ESP) from their early 20's on. Not only as members and funders but operationally. From what I gather, it was Sara Bronfman who brought Basit Igtet into the NXIVM fold and the two were dating, engaged and later married durin the period when Hagin and CCG were doing work for Igtet.
edit on 2018-6-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So now we get to the article published today by BuzzFeed.

A Top Trump Aide Worked In Libya With Key Backers Of An Alleged "Sex Cult"

Hagin was brought on to help meet a variety of Igtet’s many objectives. A month after Muammar Qaddafi was found and killed, brutally knifed to death by rebels, Hagin traveled to Libya with Igtet and Bronfman, who were not married at the time, in November 2011. The trip was focused on “creating a rebel re-integration program,” according to a press release from a group Igtet founded, Independent Libya Foundation.

Igtet had an idea to find and seize what could be found and seized of Qaddafi's vast pilfered fortune. Quite possibly to ingratiate himself to the new Libyan government and more, to the Libyan people who could elevate him within it. Whatever the case may be, he contracted CCG to do it.

In May 2012, Hagin’s firm signed a contract to conduct a comprehensive global effort to find and freeze assets stolen by the former Qaddafi regime and repatriate them back to the Libyan people. Command would earn a finder’s fee of 4%, according to sources and documents. The firm would function as an elite international collection agency.

It's not clear how that eventually panned out but the work continued for multiple years. Keep in mind that as Igtet is trying to further his political ambitions, he and Bronfman are neck deep in the cult and sources recall Igtet's attempts at recruiting others. NXIVM whistleblower, Frank Parlato describes Igtet as a student of Raniere, who was coaching him to be the next leader of Libya.

It's unclear how much if at all Hagin might have come involved in NXIVM but it is clear that the cult, which mixed sex, business, secrets, slavery and blackmail, certainly made attempts recruiting Hagin. While he admits to having known about their involvement with the cult, Hagin claims he steered clear.

In January 2013, Hagin was one of only about a dozen people invited by Igtet and Bronfman to "an intensive week about human potential" in Megève, a ski resort village in the French Alps, according to an invitation obtained by BuzzFeed News.

Hagin acknowledged the invitation to BuzzFeed News but said he did not attend. “I have nothing to do with the group,” he said.

NXIVM has frequently used the phrase “human potential” for events, based on reports about the organization’s other gatherings. The "intensive week" that Hagin was invited to by Bronfman and Igtet was slated to be led by Nancy Salzman, according to the invitation. Salzman is the president of NXIVM and was Raniere’s first student. She is known as “Prefect” to other members in the organization.

Hagin told BuzzFeed News he knew of Igtet and Bronfman’s involvement in the organization while he worked with them, and had read about the group. “I remember reading about it,” he said, in a brief phone interview, “and stayed away from it.”

Also of note, and something Hagin denies having had knowledge of, was Igtet's meetings with Ahmed Abu Khattala, charged by the DOJ for his role in the Benghazi attack:

Igtet, who was mounting a run for prime minister in Libya, spoke about Abu Khattala in an interview in early 2014. “We are Libyans, this is our country and if someone has done something wrong here, they have to be judged in this country,” he told Foreign Policy. “Abu Khattala told me he is sure of his innocence.”

Abu Khattala was captured by US commandos and sent to the US in 2014. He was convicted in the US on terrorism charges last year but was acquitted of murder. Dana Boente, who was briefly Trump’s acting attorney general and was an acting assistant attorney general when Abu Khattala was convicted, celebrated the conviction as a “critical” step toward getting justice for the victims of the Benghazi attack.

A source for the article states that by this point, Igtet was no longer actively involved in the CCG project but was still providing funding. One other interesting detail:

Besides working with Command, as Igtet developed his political career, he also hired former Sen. Joe Lieberman’s firm, Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman, in 2013 to help arrange meetings with “members of Congress, executive branch officials and others,” according to foreign agent lobbying documents filed with the Department of Justice. Igtet agreed to pay Lieberman’s firm $100,000 over two months, the documents show.

So what's the takeaway? I'm sure many of you Trump supporters who have read this far are prepped to fire off the "what's this got to do with Trump?" post.

Am I implying that Trump has any involvement with the cult or its leader? Not at all. Nor am I suggesting that he knew about Hagin and CCG's work for Igtet and Bronfman. I'm not even encouraging Trump supporters to apply the same standards they would to an Obama official or Clinton associate.

But I do hope this little peak behind the curtain is one more in the stack of such clues that eventually bring about the realization that Trump isn't/couldn't/doesn't want to/never intended to/and will never "drain the swamp."

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Not all swamp creatures have to go. Just the dangerous ones.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Am I implying that Trump has any involvement with the cult or its leader? Not at all. Nor am I suggesting that he knew about Hagin and CCG's work for Igtet and Bronfman. I'm not even encouraging Trump supporters to apply the same standards they would to an Obama official or Clinton associate.

So you are saying that after scraping the bottom of the barrel till you hit Narnia, you are willing to go the extra mile?

I do admire your persistence.

Imagine what you could do with your powers if you used them for good!

And yes, I am fully expecting you to report me and a super-mod to delete my post.

But I just had to say it...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What wasted talent.

Damn shame, really.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Pretty amazing how "well connected" NXIVM is/was on both sides of the aisle.

We haven't heard the full story of NXIVM yet, probably never will. They seem to have some really good dirt on people.

The cleaners will be hard at work making everything sanitary.

Such a weird Group.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Narnia is through the wardrobe. I think the bottom of the barrel just has muck in it. And no, I'm not one for reporting but saying "I'm expecting you to report me and a super-mod to delete my post" is basically waiving a flag for any passing mod to remove your post.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Jesus hung out with prostitutes, thieves and murderous bastards. So what's new?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Filling the swamp with predators worked on the movies.

Where's Ventura when we need him?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Jesus hung out with prostitutes, thieves and murderous bastards. So what's new?

You aren't comparing this dude to Jesus are you?

What message of salvation does he have?

There are bad players on all sides. He doens't seem to be a good one by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The deluded followers of Trump don’t even understand the concept of the swamp or the deep state.

To them, deep state is only liberals who want to give minorities their tax money.

The swamp is only liberals in power.

Now if one of Clintons or Obama's close advisers were involved they'd be screeching like hyenas: deep state liberal sex ring run by Hillary.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I'm sure Diogenes had an easier time looking for an honest man than Trump did.

But he did hire scum so he should be impeached. At the very least.

*sigh*

There it is. I'm done.

Exhausted. Beaten down.

The leftists have won this one.

Grab your rope and find a suitable tree for lynching. I'm sure the leftists remember how.

Poor Trump.

Good-bye.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

We haven't heard the full story of NXIVM yet, probably never will. They seem to have some really good dirt on people.

Such a weird Group.

Both sides are still hiding the identities of representatives who used congressional hush funds to hide sexual abuse.

Both sides suck.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Clintons or Obama's close advisers were involved they'd be screeching like hyenas: deep state liberal sex ring run by Hillary.

I'm pretty sure they've already done that. Or haven't you been paying attention to the last 50 years of auto corruption within the Gov.?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Your right they already have indeed. An Op yesterday blamed Hilary for the sex ring because she knows the Rothschilds.

Here's the link
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-6-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Such a weird Group.

Both sides are still hiding the identities of representatives who used congressional hush funds to hide sexual abuse.

Both sides suck.

Yep Radio Silence on that Topic. Conyers went down then nothing.

Remember to cross reference all the people not seeking re-election when the list finally comes out.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Your right they already have indeed. An Op yesterday blamed Hilary for the sex ring because she knows the Rothschilds.

So then, do you think Hillary is innocent? Amongst all the chaos, lies and cheating in the past decade?

Remember that she began young. She's an expert at corruption.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

So then, do you think Hillary is innocent? Amongst all the chaos, lies and cheating in the past decade?

Remember that she began young. She's an expert at corruption.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I think it fits a certain cult archetype: Bored socialites fall under some Svengali's spell, become disciples/patrons and recruit friends. I can think of a few examples.

This is interesting in some of parallels to Scientology, not least of which the whole self-help angle and the pricey personal instruction. Not that they were anything remotely close in size or influence but as Scientology demonstrates, rich & famous people with deep pockets and lots of friends are a definite boon for cults.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Such a weird Group.

Both sides suck.

Yep Radio Silence on that Topic. Conyers went down then nothing.

Remember to cross reference all the people not seeking re-election when the list finally comes out.

We'll see Area 51 turn into a Courtyard Marriott before we ever see the names.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join