It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte to arm public in the fight against drugs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: TiggersTheMan

Maybe I'm just sick of seeing scumbags ruin a once nice neighborhood. And it just isn't my neighborhood, it's everywhere. Just a couple of weeks ago they even stole the filtering water fountains from the local park , probably for the scrap aluminum.Not that it matters, there are needles floating in the lagoon on a regular basis. Can't have your kids play there anymore anyway. My truck was stolen out of my driveway. One street over a woman was beaten and robbed for her purse. 20 years ago this was a solid middle class neighborhood.

It seems like my original assessment was correct, you don't know much about drug use or addiction, you are angry about crime in your neighborhood. Crime that you, rightfully or not, have attributed to addicts. So this is more like a revenge/vigilante thing for you? If crime is that big of a problem where you reside, and moving to the Philippines or a country with criminal punishment more in line with your views is not viable, perhaps organizing a neighborhood watch is in order. They can, and do work.

So I am watching the Phillipines anxiously, to see how this goes.

Because ... you're going to call your local representatives and request it be implemented in your area? Yeah, I don't think blowing away your neighbor or that dude in the parking lot that "someone" said used/sold "insertillegaldrugofchoicehere" is going to fly.

Incidentally, do you consider all drugs worthy of execution on use/sell, or just certain ones?

Eliminating most of the bad people will lead to a better society

Who gets to decide who the"bad people" are? Slippery slope, there. You could end up a "bad person" one day. Or, at least, somebody could claim you were. Then bye bye.

Ultimately, I think Portugal's method is preferable. A lot less death, unless you like that kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: TiggersTheMan

Which means it's not a great loss if they are executed. Just the kind of people I want around me. They don't care about anything or anyone as long as they can get high. Pathetic.

You are pathetic bro.. Probably one of those guys who loves his beer AMirite?

Yeah...I love my beer that I bought with money at my job. I drink it at my house when I have free time, and affect nobody but myself. What's your point?

What if your beer was illegal, and you still fancied a nice cold brew after work, in the privacy of your own home. Billybob up the road brews his own illicit beer, and can sell you a 6 pack cheap. You mosey on down to his trailer, not going to hurt anyone are ya. But suddenly self appointed sheriff Duke approaches, sees you with the illegal beer, and thinking "God Damn Beer Addicts!" shoots you dead.

That's your world you think is so wonderful... But let me guess, if it were illegal, you'd forgo your harmless beverage. Like a good slave.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I ordered the x-ray glasses and never got them, bastards!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: CynConcepts

I'm sure end users are scared out of their whits, I wouldn't trust the offer.
I have read about too many people being offed over squables not related to drugs, but all the killer has to do is say..drugs, and they get a pass, and a pat on the back.

None of the posters are listening about the free help for those that need it, it seems.

My Filipino friends have no problem with Duterte at all.

He's making the place safer and they are happy about it.

Those that go into the free rehab have been shot? I have not read that anywhere. Please share your source link.

My Filipino friends are split on Duterte. The ones in Manila are almost all pro. The ones in province are almost all against.

Is it safer? To some degree yes, one need not worry about being robbed at the ATM daily. But one must walk a careful line and not angre neighbors, barangay captains, nor write anything derogatory about government actions on a public or private forum.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
42000 killers that do not have to answer for anyone they kill.

yep no problems there.

might as well set up some cameras and call it The Real Purge.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Eliminating most of the bad people will lead to a better society

This raises quite the conundrum, who gets to dictate who is bad?

"Let he without sin, cast the first stone"

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Arizonaguy

AHHH yes give the green light for the population to kill with impunity. Seems like a great idea...(sarc)
This is just a guess but I assume you are a sheriff Joe Arpaio supporter.
I really hope that your comments are sarcastic ones.

Its a god dam civil war against drug lords. It worked great for China after Civil War. I don't see it working in America though because Americans have been indoctrinated. Hope UN stays out of it. Don't want a Korean War version of Philippine because of drugs.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

In non-Trump related news, it appears Rodrigo The Great has scored another victory. . .

THE Philippines has vowed to give free guns to members of the public — so long as they promise to use them to fight drugs and crime.

The Sun reports, President Rodrigo Duterte said he’s considering arming 42,000 community leaders, known as barangay captains, after consulting with the police and intelligence agency.

Martin Dino, the interior department undersecretary responsible for barangays, said handguns would be provided for free, or private purchases subsidised, but only for those not involved in illegal drugs.

This is an excellent idea, IMO. Nothing deters crime more than an armed populace with the green light to permanently solve any crime issues.

I know some may be skeptical, that perhaps some of these guns may be used for evil...and the leaders there acknowledge that- with a caveat...

Mr Dino said: “The condition is that the barangay captain should fight drugs and crime. If he is conniving with criminals, he could be the one shot.”

I'll be watching this one closely.

nypost.com...

This is what American rights are supposed to do...make the people able to defend themselves...same in Canada the rights have been established but then suppressed in an organised collisional manner....can you imagine how fast Americas drug problems would be over if all of the Mothers and Fathers who had lost kids to Gangs was given an OPEN SEASON on criminals with free firearms.....ROFLMAO....because even if every gang member also got a free gun those moms outnumber them 1000-1...my goodness would I ever pay a lot of money to see that....especially Chicago and NY.....lol...lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join