It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Interview w/Captain Robert Salas, USAF, Ret., On Minuteman UFO Case, Published On June 17, 2018

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No way did an aurora shut down 10 missiles. Each one is independant of the other and also check out a map of the field. Thise sites are pretty spread out and in fairly close proximity to other flights. If it attacked a specific flight...then that was on purpose. Those things were designed to fend off the blast of a nuke.

a reply to: Blue Shift

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Or, it was an internal pulse, caused by the command circuitry itself. Something the Minuteman was known to be sensitive to. Just as the report on the incident says. Salas lied, concealed information, as well as seems to not understand it. There are so many holes in his story and he's changed it so many times that the only thing he can count on is those who have never heard it before or put any effort into examining it. Those who want to believe it.

Here is an extremely detailed look at the story. And the lies.
www.scribd.com...

edit on 6/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
No way did an aurora shut down 10 missiles. Each one is independant of the other and also check out a map of the field. Thise sites are pretty spread out and in fairly close proximity to other flights. If it attacked a specific flight...then that was on purpose. Those things were designed to fend off the blast of a nuke.

Yeah, I know. I've sat at a launch control panel. Those things are not as tough as you would think.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wow very interesting I have not heard this case before.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ahh. You capsule crew?
I loved running the field except in winter. Jeezus it got cold up there.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Ahh. You capsule crew?
I loved running the field except in winter. Jeezus it got cold up there.

Why not Minot? Freezin's the reason.

When I first reported to the base, a cold spell had just broken so it was only -25 Fahrenheit, not -45 like it was the week before. Practically balmy. So many frozen launch door faults.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yes, Robert Salas is a fraud beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Google James Carlson and see what you find.

In case anyone is interested:
www.scribd.com...

I was interested until I saw the page count. Where can I find the Readers Digest version?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Like I said later, detailed. Highly.
In an earlier post I provided a link which provides that abridged overview you're looking for.

edit on 6/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I wouldnt go so far as to say lies. I got to malmstrom in 87 and i have forgotten a lot of things...is this Salas guy a pub hound? Or have people come to him? Anyone involved would have been ordered to keep quiet.

Having said that....i read the conclusions and ageee that the design precludes any sort of external man-made inteference. The lcf is the key as that is where all ten missiles connect. Thise cables are buried deeeeep though.

Was a bent spear or broken arrow report initiated?
Anyway....if all 10 shut down and killed the G and C units it would have had to be somethin like stuxnet...where a commmand spun up the gyros til the blew. Either way...it never happened again so it look like Boeing fixed it.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Tell about those damned door faults! We were on site nearly 18 hours one day waiting for a lock. It was so cold you could toss your coffee in the air and it would turn to mist. Then someone would miss a code check and the damned ART teams had you face planted.

Funny story...it was spring and the topside crew were rolling the lunch door back. We were down below prepping for a can change. Topside found a big ass snake and decided to drop it in the cage(it was a metal cage that ran in rails around the the tube so we could access the bolts on the backside). Well that snake wrapped around our cage guys neck and he flipped out. He launched himself out of there and leaped onto the board fixin to murder our topside guys! Holy poop though....its a 80 ft fall at least from where we worked!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In any event, I was reading this article about the geomagnetic problems they have on Interstate 95 back East:

I-95 A Solar Storm Magnet

That whole area around Malmstrom is pretty much hard bedrock before you start getting into the mountains and national forests, so I wonder if there might be an environmental amplifying factor there, as well.

Also the Flathead Lake Monster.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I also saw (very similar to Gut's own sighting) a huge red-orange fiery balled foo fighter in it's landing phase; back one one night in Nov. 1976, approximately 40 miles west of Washington D.C.. I believe Gut saw his in the takeoff phase.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hi, guys - sorry, I won't stay but a moment. Anybody interested in reading a much shorter yet still somewhat conclusive review of the Echo Flight Incident is invited to examine -

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

followed by -

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

And now I'll leave you to it. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yes, Robert Salas is a fraud beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Google James Carlson and see what you find.

In case anyone is interested:
www.scribd.com...

lol saw this

Americans, Credulous
or
The Arrogance of Congenital Liars& Other Character Defects

And thought it was about liberals..

I'm glad that you like the title. I've always been fond of it myself. However, it has nothing at all to do with the political leanings of anybody, particularly those individuals the title actually refers to, although the author of the work is a liberal, and proud to be one. In my experience, whether or not a man can be trusted has about as much to do with his political leanings as it does to his inclination to go left or right when he comes to a crossways in one of those corn mazes you'll sometimes find at a county fair, which I've always enjoyed going through. In those mazes, it doesn't really matter much at all whether you go left or right, as long as you stick with your choice until you find your way out of the maze. Whether a person can be trusted or not has little to do with his political choices and everything to do with how honest he is. For instance, Robert Salas, whom I've always considered to be something of a conservative, is also one of the most egregious liars I've ever come across in my entire life. One example should suffice, but there are literally dozens that are equally shameful. There was a period in 1996-97 during which he was attempting to convince a gentleman who was the deputy commander at Echo Flight during the incident in which all ten missiles went off line to make a public statement supporting his own UFO claims. He said he was very close to arranging a television episode on one of the cable shows that was dedicated to unknown mysteries of the type he wanted to substantiate. I believe it was on HBO. He failed to do so, but it had very little effect on how the story was originally interpreted, because he had for some months been establishing the claim that HE was the deputy commander in question. In actuality, he wasn't even in the same missile group, having never been assigned to Echo Flight at all. He worked out at Oscar Flight, which is why he was eventually forced to invent an entirely new incident that occurred there, an incident that, of course, had never been documented, because it never took place. I've always considered that to be a somewhat funny story. Robert Salas, however, does not.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

...there were 20 ICBM's that were "shut down" within a span of 8 days, in March of 1967. According to whom? Salas didn't seem too sure about that.

"According to Whom"? Phage, Robert Salas said so himself at 1:38 / 7:19 of the video below from Dec 01 2010.

Paola Harris Interview with Capt. Robert Salas Part 2

edit on 25-4-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join