It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Fathers Day to all ATS dads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well... it’s that time of year again when we honour our fathers.. and I just want to wish all our ATS dads a great day.

You don’t have to be a perfect human to be a good dad. Loving your children the best way you can goes a long way.

I don’t have much more to add except that the world needs good fathers so desperately, and I thank you for doing your part in making this a better world for your children.

God bless you all and all those dear to your heart today .
edit on 17-6-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I tried my best to raise our daughter in a foreign land. I only had to raise my voice 2 times in 18 years. Love is all about the "smile". A new born child smiles with love and the dad shares his smile with love for the next 18 years and beyond.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I'm calling it Stepdad Day!

Best thing that ever happened to me.

Cards mean little, the hug I had this morning was priceless however.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Well... it’s that time of year again when we honour our fathers.. and I just want to wish all our ATS dads a great day.

You don’t have to be a perfect human to be a good dad. Loving your children the best way you can goes a long way.

I don’t have much more to add except that the world needs good fathers so desperately, and I thank you for doing your part in making this a better world for your children.

Thanks and Happy Fathers Day to all!

A lot of it is just showing up in kids' lives as a dad, being emotionally stable, and teaching and modeling good values and behavior.

Single dad of a 9 year old boy here. Yesterday went kayaking, swam at a water park, and played catch and baseball.

One thing I struggle with is how and when to teach him about a lot of how society really works, dishonest information, and things we talk about on here. I don't want him to be utterly unprepared. He is young though, so I focus on teaching him elementary critical thinking.
edit on 17-6-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Happy Father's day.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

I'm calling it Stepdad Day!

Best thing that ever happened to me.

Cards mean little, the hug I had this morning was priceless however.

Step dads can play an important role as a father figure. Good on ya for embracing the child as your own.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Here's a story my Dad told me, about me.

Well, 2.

I'm very young, and I haven't been feeling well all day. I've probably vomited and had a fever or something all day and worn out my poor physically handicapped mother all day too. She puts me to bed in the hope I'll sleep it off. Dad comes home from work, she goes to bed early. I guess I needed a lot of changing that day. (I should add that Dad was a medic in the British Armed Forces. A nurse technically.)

For some reason, whether I was crying or he just wanted to check on me I forget but he said he picked me up and I vomited right down his back and also over the bed. He gave me a bath and took one himself, clean clothes, soothed me AND washed all my sheets before putting me back to bed. Mum never knew a thing.

The other time I was also about 5. When Dad checked on me at night after work he thought I was dead, my pillow and sheets were all covered in fresh blood and I was as white as a sheet! He shook me awake to make sure I was alive. Apparently I'd been sleep-shaving with Dad's razor. I had watched him shave his face many times. Mum did get to know about that one though.
I think I may not have washed all the blood away from the sink either. I was asleep.

Thanks Dad!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Cute stories Light... though the shaving one is scary ! 😳

Dad’s do alot for their children, even when the going gets tough. You must miss your dad a lot. 😕

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Thank you.

As a father I'd like to offer some wisdom to all the kids on ATS.

"You can't eat soup with a fork."

Thank you.

That is all. Now let me nap with my beer.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Thanks and Happy Fathers Day to all!

A lot of it is just showing up in kids' lives as a dad, being emotionally stable, and teaching and modeling good values and behavior.

Single dad of a 9 year old boy here. Yesterday went kayaking, swam at a water park, and played catch and baseball.

One thing I struggle with is how and when to teach him about a lot of how society really works, dishonest information, and things we talk about on here. I don't want him to be utterly unprepared. He is young though, so I focus on teaching him elementary critical thinking.

Just answer all of his questions honestly.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Be Late Happy fathers day, dear all friends.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Cute stories Light... though the shaving one is scary ! 😳

Dad’s do alot for their children, even when the going gets tough. You must miss your dad a lot. 😕

Yeah, I did some crazy stuff every once in a while when younger and "sleeping" LOL My Dad was weird. As I grew older he became a friend. Something I never really expected. He gave me the necessary lessons in life that have helped me become the man I am today. Okay, he didn't like my long hair or my choice of smoking material but for the rest we were good.
I could tell him anything and he wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I scared him once in his life. He'd been diagnosed with lung cancer after moving back to the UK to care for his sick mother (also lung cancer pffft!) so flew back once a month for a weekend to visit him. (I had a well-paying job at the time and money was no object) I drank a lot at the time too and this is something he had never seen me do so when I arrived at his house with my expensive duty free whisky it shocked him. We're just sitting there chatting and smoking (MM) and I'm drinking the whisky and we're laughing and catching up. I go to bed, get up the next day and come downstairs to drink coffee. He tells me that I scared him last night!

I'm trying to think back, can't find anything scary in my memory so ask him what he is talking about. Did I pee on the carpet or something....?

"No son, it was the way you made the whisky disappear without showing even the slightest sign of being drunk."

Oops....cat out of the bag! Dad was an alcoholic himself for a period of his life. He knew what drinking was.

And yes, I miss him. And I don't drink whisky any more!

top topics

join