It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ace of Base Young and Proud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I love this song but i don't understand a few things things like when it says "at least i am young and proud"

Why at first i though it said "at least we are young and proud" is that like in rejection of something related she said before?

But i also see other pages saying it says "And we're so young and proud"

I don't understand and it makes me mad because i really like this song, it is beautiful

In general, that is the meaning of this song? is this about two lovers rejecting themselves or about one rejecting the other because of age or what else?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

I grew up loving Ace of Base, in fact, that album was my very first cd ever. lol I don't recall this song, but I have to wait until my wife wakes up before I can listen to it. XD Here's what I found regarding the meaning:

songmeanings.com...

"Love this song. Normally I do not like synthetic beats and techno-music but the Ace of Base are a great exception. I even like the synth-timbale fills in this song. It has some kind indefinable driving earnestness. I think it is straightforward in its message. The youth are full of idealism and energy to stride into the unknown future and bring change to the what the previous generation has wrought. It sounds as if the youth are united - against the adult world,because they accuse someone of "doing it wrong".
But then there is a switch from "marching together towards destiny and the future" to the singer lamenting that she is "calling out your [the listener's ?] name but you never hear me..." this could be many things; unrequited love, a recruitment call to join a movement, even perhaps the Holy Spirit calling someone's soul toward God and being spurned. Someone is giving - not selling love.
This song has almost a fascist-youth-movement edge to it...but that is a subliminal reading of the text. The fact that beautiful Nordic youth are singing it accentuates this interpretation.

Yes, I am reading a lot into what is just a great 90's techno-pop song from some Swedes...that's what I like to do. Ace of Base were a fantastic band as long as Malin Sofia Katarina Berggren was up front! "

by NomadMonad

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I love them, I just sometimes don't get it very well but the music is so beautiful

I understand how you feel, I wish I had been born back then and be able to listen them when they were out there

I am still confused by this song but it is very beautiful in any case

edit on 16-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Now i understand thank you, it is so great this site you posted, i will use it from now on

top topics

join