It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Wicked This Way Comes!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is a strange thread. Globalism is being touted by the sjw types whom want open borders and property rights etc taken away from individuals for the greater good of the "collective". Its a real hive-minded ideology that has been pushed hard by actual globalists.

Having borders and providing shelter for kids when their parents break the law has nothing at all to do with it.
edit on 15-6-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Take them into your house if you think the fresh meals and a safe space for those kids is sooooo bad!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

our rights to stand up and protest and activism are being painted as bad

This statement might be in reference to my thread. If so, I take full responsibility for that one, and I fully stand by what I said. I thought of it; I wrote it. Mostly it was an argument that, while you resort to coercion through mob tactics, there are better and more useful ways to impart change.

There is no reason what-so-ever, in a civilized society, to imprison innocent children, to detain them for weeks or months. The key word here is innocent. If they lost their adults on the way over or the adults were apprehended and separated, that does not make the underage ones any guiltier of being here. Children cannot work, cannot get married, cannot engage in sex, cannot buy a house or rent an apartment – they are innocent children and as such, there should never be a reason or an excuse for detaining them and holding them in converted camps. If our policies create such an environment, it is on us to modify those policies so children never end up the battered party – this is common sense in a civilized society. No excuses, no rationalizations.

Children are not being imprisoned. Their parents are, because they committed a federal crime. The children are sent into the custody of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), which is part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The ORR is responsible for identifying and screening the nearest relative or family friend living in the US to whom the child can be released.

What do you think: Should they let the kids run free without a guardian, in a foreign country, while their parents, having committed a crime, are in jail?
edit on 15-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

imagine these were your kids?

You mean legal citizens of the United States? Why would they be detained when they're in this country legally? I'm confused...

So your rationalization is -- if they are not here legally they are not exactly children any more.

What other excuses can we come up with?

No, my rationale is that the law is blind to age and my country's security, as well as my childrens' future and my tax dollars are far more important to this country than some foreign invaders kids are.

You're an odd duck, man. You're opposed to globalism, yet take issue with basic tenants of border security. This is the United States of charity cases, we're the USA... sovereign nation, borders, and our own people. Keeping it that way is sort of the antithesis of globalism.

(post by watchitburn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
What do you think: Should they let the kids run free without a guardian, in a foreign country, while their parents, having committed a crime, are in jail?

We tried that a few years ago... MS-13 in America was the immediate result.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

We tried that a few years ago... MS-13 in America was the immediate result.

Crazy. Obviously the people putting the children at risk are the parents. Housing them, clothing them, feeding them, and returning them to their next of kin, seems like the most humane thing to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Great OP.

I think when any side stops questioning the government because the government tells them they aren’t the government, it should give everyone pause.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh Oh Wait i know this one .... SECURE THE BORDER .... and this problem solves itself no children to separate from parents BECAUSE they're LEGAL LAW ABIDING IMMIGRANTS.

Damn I'm a freaking genius LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Metallicus
This has absolutely nothing to do with the NWO. Using that as the basis of your argument is lame. The fact is these children are treated well and while mostly innocent they are suffering the consequences of poor decisions made by their parents.

Are you Jeff Sessions?

Even if the worse crack-ho in the world is arrested here, the children's other relatives are first sought out for them to go to. Fathers, grandparents, aunts and uncles -- If none are available right away, they are placed in a licensed foster home. Not in a warehouse. Admit it Jeff, in your eyes these children are "not quite as human" as you and yours. Are they.

Sort of like the "great Barbara Bush" when people in New Orleans taking shelter in the Super Dome after Katrina, and were being robbed, raped, and living there with no running water or working toilets (in human filth) and the glorious & highly esteemed Mrs. Bush said "it's okay. Really, that's the way they are used to living anyway".

Wait! Are you the spirit of Barbara Bush living in Jeff Sessions body?

Are you Nancy Pelosi ?
You are comparing legal citizens to illegals.
The foster care program is already overwhelmed and they cant be placed in foster homes.
The US is doing the best that we can
What are you doing for them ?

edit on 6/15/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You are comparing legal citizens to illegals.

So that's how you see it.

To me, and most other human beings, they are actually other human beings.

Let's see.

legal/illegal
Republican/not republican
white/not white
Mexican/American
Rich/not rich
good women/feminist
straights/gays
Healthy/sick
Independent/needs assistance
working/unemployed
educated/not so much

How many more divisions can you guys come up with?

WE ARE ALL JUST PEOPLE
edit on 6/15/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Question:

Does agreeing with the actions of the Trump Administration make one a statist?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Have you ever broken a local, State or Federal law?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Ever feel like a voice crying in the wilderness?

Authoritarians always dehumanize their victims.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
WE ARE ALL JUST PEOPLE

Wait, wait, wait... are you suggesting Conservatives came up with the NAACP, GLAAD, LGBT, ANTIFA, La Raza, adding whatever country your minority ancestry came from before "-American" when describing yourself, 80 different pandering and excuse dripping terms for "less fortunate," the devisive concept of white privilege, "Mansplaining," hiring quotas, tracking all incarcerations by race to compare to white rates, special protection under the law groups, "hate crime" laws, and I could continue but the idea is clear? Are you seriously ballsy enough to suggest Conservatives are behind application of all these classifications, or is it just that the classifications only matter when they can conveniently be used as an excuse, a tool to pander for future votes, or when some special unequal legal consideration is needed to grab a quick payday or save an ass from their own stupidity, laziness, or lack of self control?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Question:

Does agreeing with the actions of the Trump Administration make one a statist?

Two answers to that, neither wrong nor right. If you reside in a conservative state which was supporting the policies Trump has pushed prior to him being elected, no. It just means you agree with the current federal government. If you live in a state which is at loggerheads with him, then it may make you a statist.

I live in a state which voted for him and which has remained majority approving of him. If he does something Alaska strongly disagrees with then that would reflect a significant change.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Trump is the President of the United States. As so many have pointed out, he is the chief law enforcement officer. The Exectuive Branch which he directs encompasses millions of government offiicals.

If you support Trump, you support the government, and as I have learned from so many here over the years, supporting the government makes one a statist.

Easy peasy.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You sound a lot like "crazy Cathy" whom supports the cheering on of a new sanctuary city. I know you'll bitch about FOX but you really sound like you don't care about laws or borders.

You cry "hate" all day but that argument has dried up. Here you are on Fox refusing to answer a really simple freaking question:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

imagine these were your kids?

You mean legal citizens of the United States? Why would they be detained when they're in this country legally? I'm confused...

So your rationalization is -- if they are not here legally they are not exactly children any more.

What other excuses can we come up with?

At what point did you finally stop beating your spouse?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Meh, fine then. Whatever costs me the least money, opens the most doors to opportunity, and keeps my country above the rest of the world I'm for. If that makes me a statist, okie dokie. Let it be known I am only one because of who is currently in power and when that changes I may well return to calling for the whole works to be burnt to the ground.

Your point?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join