It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go inside a U.S. migrant youth shelter in a former Walmart — cots, soccer and a mural

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey kid, if you wanted a soccer ball in the center, you should have brought one with you.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: network dude

And that's where you fail. You buy in to this Left/Right absolutist paradigm. The way Obama handled immigration was also abhorrent. But it has definitely stepped up under Trump.

The fact that he's adhering to the Arpaio School of law enforcement should say enough.

As long as you are doing apples to apples, that's fine. Yes, Obama screwed up immigration by selectively not enforcing laws, and now Trump is enforcing the laws we have.

Bottom line, entering the country by sneaking over the border, is illegal. And with the child trafficking, the need to vet the children/parent relationship needs to be done. Otherwise, you may have kids being sold, which I consider "bad".

So you have the right to be angry at Trump for enforcing the laws Obama chose to ignore, but you also kind of have to realize that a bit of the blame here, rests on those breaking our laws to illegally cross our borders. If you don't, then you aren't being realistic, and that can lead to TDS among many other mental disorders.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

*Ding ding ding* We have a winner.

It took them over a week to let anyone in. Who knew it took that long to buy some soccer balls?

1500 kids and beds...that's a lot of laundry they had to do! Took a week just to clean the place up, wipe the blood off the walls.

well, they did have to remove all the effigies of Trump's head bloodied and hung from the rafters, and then there was the meth-amphetamines that were destined to be sold, they had to hide them. And don't get me started on the black projects they run out of the basement there, lots of UFOs and aliens lumbering about. Oh wait, there is not proof of any of that, never mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Who cares about human rights and international laws anyway. I get it.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Boy I’m glad all the Americans in need are being taken care of now that America is cracking down on immigration and taking children from their parents.

Oh, wait..

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Boy I’m glad all the Americans in need are being taken care of now that America is cracking down on immigration and taking children from their parents.

Oh, wait..

Yes, child trafficking isn't really a "thing", so I'd say let them eat cake.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Who cares about human rights and international laws anyway. I get it.

If that is what you think then no, you don't get it.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Oh, wait..

Yes, child trafficking isn't really a "thing", so I'd say let them eat cake.

Yeah I tend to disagree with you there.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

you don't make much sense. The children are removed from the people they are with, so they can be identified as well as their parents, so they aren't just ignored and left to be sold to the black market.

There is an argument to be had for how the immigration process works, but this part of it, has a specific need and you pretending it isn't just doesn't change that.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hmm, so I guess none of the 1500 young men being detained are accused of being MS13?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: wheresthebody

bah bah bah

you left/right people are insane

I am not insane... My mother had me tested.
No? Than why not stop with the left/right BS? You present an interesting article yet it seems to be, in part, to deride the crazy leftists. Perhaps an attempt to prove them wrong? Who cares about what the crazies think, lets try and do the right thing anyway.

I would be interested in learning how does one become a US citizen, see N-400 application. All this talk of, "illegals", and, "why not just become a citizen already?", makes it sound easy. Is it easy, hard or near impossible? It depends on from which country one applies.

How many from the Americas, central and south, become citizens through naturalization each year? How many apply? Maybe if we could understand the problems we might start to understand why there are so many illegals. ATS used to be a place where such research was appreciated, stared and flagged, yet, sadly, those days seem so far away now.

edit on 6/15/2018 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Come on mr. constitution let me introduce you to my friend liberty...

What law do you believe allows for the separation of families based on a misdemeanor charge of crossing a border of which the country suggest by law for one to seek asylum by crossing the border.

please think real hard bout this

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

you don't make much sense. The children are removed from the people they are with, so they can be identified as well as their parents, so they aren't just ignored and left to be sold to the black market.

There is an argument to be had for how the immigration process works, but this part of it, has a specific need and you pretending it isn't just doesn't change that.

Hey, I get that you unquestionably believe anything the government tells you as long as it supports your political beliefs.

You are far from alone here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

It's like showing card tricks to a dog isn't it?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Hmm, so I guess none of the 1500 young men being detained are accused of being MS13?

I don't know, if you have a link, then we can both learn something.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hey, I get that you unquestionably believe anything the government tells you as long as it supports your political beliefs.

I'd ask you to explain it to me with some documentation, but something tells me you are riding on emotion and very little else here. Prove me wrong, make me look bad.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'd ask you to explain it to me with some documentation, but something tells me you are riding on emotion and very little else here. Prove me wrong, make me look bad.

Documentation of what?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
confuzus say

Due Process is like respect...

If you do not give it you can not get it...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

how do you prove a choice that was made and not recorded?

you can not

logic states that the justice department looks at stats and the stats show some southern male immigrants are in gangs and so it is not a coincidence that they detain mainly young males.

this added to the fact that ice has recently targeted many young males in california and charged them with gang crimes where there were none. Now add in the ms13 comments by the potus and a fairly clear path can be seen.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Documentation of what?

sigh, the real reason for the children being detained separately. The "government" says it's to help prevent child traffickers. You seem to imply that's not the case. If it's not the case, and you know this, how is it you know this? what documents changed your mind? What made you think that "they" were lying to you?

See, it's cool to have "conspiracy theories" this site is here because of them. But even the promoters of said theories, understand that until they are proven , they remain "theory".

So when I ask for documentation, I'm referring to you having something to support your statement. If you have nothing, it's as empty as your mind. is that any clearer?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join