It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HE = SHE, another victory to feminist movement now in Slovenia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Universities in Slovenia are forbidding using HE as they think SHE is more neutral grammatical word.
Declaring SHE as neutral

I wonder how many males wants to be called SHE insted of HE?

Why not making totally new world which is actually neutral instead of using the word which has been defined as a female.
( Luckily in my language we have always had one neutral word for singular third person pronoun, no she or he at all .. )

If this idea that universities in Slovenia have starts to spread around the globe, if will definately make male sex as lesser important and less valued. Is this equality ? NO

Next step is using neutral first names to all.. or even worse female first names to all boys, for equality in job application forms and so on...

edit on 13-6-2018 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Universities in Slovenia are forbidding using HE as they think SHE is more neutral grammatical word.

That is incorrect and grossly overstated, your source clearly states;

Faculty of Arts Declares Female Grammatical Gender “Neutral”

Bolding by me.

As for "Victory", I'm assuming that you didn't really comprehend the source material.

simplistic yet authoritative intervention in language.

The rule is already becoming a joke among the public

It's just another example of group think gone wrong by people educated beyond their intelligence, with an extremist agenda.

edit on 13 6 2018 by myselfaswell because: nunya

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well she and he can be blended to make one.....

S'he?

S/he?

or simply that person?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
oh my god the idiocy is expanding to other countries now like a virus or disease

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm just gonna walk around with my size-too-small cutoff jean shorts and front end bulge and you can call me whatever you want.

Why is everyone such a milksop whiner these days?

edit on 13-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Well she and he can be blended to make one.....

S'he?

S/he?

or simply that person?

You want gender neutral, "it," "dumbf**k," "dirtball," "that waste of space over there," etc.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If this idea that universities in Slovenia have starts to spread around the globe, if will definately make male sex as lesser important and less valued.

I don't follow that. Why would that necessarily be the result? Because 'she' comes with the stamp of lesser value inherently?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

If this idea that universities in Slovenia have starts to spread around the globe, if will definately make male sex as lesser important and less valued.

I don't follow that. Why would that necessarily be the result? Because 'she' comes with the stamp of lesser value inherently?

Ok then. You can call a man she, as long as we go call a woman, it.

Nothing devaluing in that, right?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Ok then. You can call a man she, as long as we go call a woman, it.

Nothing devaluing in that, right?

I wasn't proposing anything, nor showing agreement towards 'she' being a more neutral term, I was asking a question for clarification.

Is that okay with you?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Slovenian government together with the Croatians are busy building new prison camps for kids who were abused by state-sponsored pedo-rings, to keep them locked up and protect the oligarchs from public backlash !

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
gender schmender. call yourselves whatever you want but don't make it a crusade. it's incredibly tiresome to navigate this crap in modern life.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

The opening posters inability to read and understand the English language was taken apart in the first reply, in June of last year.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I personally can't wait til pronoun laws come to my neck of the woods. I think I'll go with something exotic, like... Sassofras, or.... Kumquat...

Get it wrong, and you're off to jail, bud.

top topics

join