It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rectangular aircraft.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is not a personal sighting but from a trusted source.

Someone that i believe and certainly has no reason to lie recently told me a story about a strange aircraft sighted in upstate NY.

During a camping trip a hour or so from Rochester NY this person was out fishing in the late afternoon when he saw what he described as a slow moving black rectangle with 4 lights on the underside(at the corners).

he said it did not have any amazing flight characteristics other then it was silent and rectangular.

I didn't put this in the UFO area because i personally don't think this was an alien craft, i would love to hear what everyone thinks about this.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Sounds a bit like the flying house in Indiana back in the 90's ( I think).

Why do I read your posts in rogers voice?

link
edit on 12-6-2018 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You might want to compare it against a sighting of a rectangular object back on 09/16/17 or see if any other sightings occurred around the same date as your friend's.

www.nuforc.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I saw one of those in Oregon back in 2000 - 2003. Low and slow (about 50 - 100 ft up is my guess and maybe less than 50mph), dead silent, and it was black to the point that it seemed like it was a cutout in the night sky. Exactly like that vanta-black material.

What I thought was interesting was that the 4 lights gave the impression of possibly being spherical, and didn't seem to put off light like say.. a normal artificial light. No rays, it was almost like a solid ball of light. And there was no blinking at all, just pure white.

There are numerous other sightings of this type of craft, and they all fit almost exactly with what I saw. Strangely, they're commonly spotted above highways, which is where I saw it as well.

There's a couple alleged photographs of this, and although I can't vouch for their authenticity in any way they are very similar to what I saw:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lulpin

what you saw sounds exactly like what he saw, did yours have a indest running down the middle so it looked like a domino?

i didn't know that they were seen about roadways, but in my mind that points even more to some type of exotic aircraft.

the light that you are describing sounds like the small black triangle i saw but the lights were more blue and not orange but had that same illumination characteristics.

the shape is what puzzles me the most, there doesn't seem to be any benefit to having that shape.

D: there are a tom of reports for rochester very interesting reading them, there seems to be ALLOT of them for one area.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Lulpin

what you saw sounds exactly like what he saw, did yours have a indest running down the middle so it looked like a domino?

i didn't know that they were seen about roadways, but in my mind that points even more to some type of exotic aircraft.

the light that you are describing sounds like the small black triangle i saw but the lights were more blue and not orange but had that same illumination characteristics.

the shape is what puzzles me the most, there doesn't seem to be any benefit to having that shape.

D: there are a tom of reports for rochester very interesting reading them, there seems to be ALLOT of them for one area.

I couldn't make out any details of the craft since it was pure black, so I don't know if it had the line in the middle or not.

Yeah, the shape is indeed odd. And I don't think any black-budget projects would be flying so low to the road in populated areas. Add to this the fact that I've read a couple reports of these craft tilting upwards, then shooting into space, and we just might have something that isn't man-made here. But who knows.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is rectangular.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There was a time I used to like reading your responses.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Yeah?

Stick around a while longer newbie.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lulpin

I saw one of those in Oregon back in 2000 - 2003. Low and slow (about 50 - 100 ft up is my guess and maybe less than 50mph), dead silent, and it was black to the point that it seemed like it was a cutout in the night sky. Exactly like that vanta-black material.

What I thought was interesting was that the 4 lights gave the impression of possibly being spherical, and didn't seem to put off light like say.. a normal artificial light. No rays, it was almost like a solid ball of light. And there was no blinking at all, just pure white.

There are numerous other sightings of this type of craft, and they all fit almost exactly with what I saw. Strangely, they're commonly spotted above highways, which is where I saw it as well.

There's a couple alleged photographs of this, and although I can't vouch for their authenticity in any way they are very similar to what I saw:

Hmmmm, speaking of the lights, I reported this to MUFON and posted it on ATS in 2012. MUFON contacted me many months later wanting additional info. He said four other people had reported seeing this in the area. If I remember right, One was reported a day later after my sighting and the other was reported a week later, I believe he said a few people saw the second sighting. Whatever it was I saw was bizarre and I still think about it frequently.

A couple of things that really threw me were, the two lights, one on each wing tip, looked as though you were shining a light thru a dense fog or haze, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, the lights did not look vivid or stark in contrast like you would normally see on a aircraft, these had a sort of cloudy glow to them. Misty looking is a good description

Here's the report I sent to mufon in full.

TextIn Oklahoma City 4-17-12 at around 1:00 AM I saw something I've never seen before. Here is my best description of the sighting. I was outside having a smoke before going to bed when something caught my peripheral vision, at first it looked like a HUGE bird gliding but it was a craft that looked somewhat triangular, best I could tell. It made absolutely no audible sound, nothing, dead quiet. I would guess it was anywhere from 300 ft -500 ft high, was flying very low and fairly slow. It looked as though it was gliding or floating effortlessly. A couple of things that really threw me were, the two lights, one on each wing tip, looked as though you were shining a light thru a dense fog or haze, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, the lights did not look vivid or stark in contrast like you would normally see on a aircraft, these had a sort of cloudy glow to them. Misty looking is a good description and possibly why the craft itself looked cloaked or almost transparent to me, although, I could vaguely make out a triangle shape it was not necessarily definitive as such, it also made it hard to judge altitude and size of the craft. My best guess as to the size of the craft would be roughly 40ft -80ft in width and it seemed wider than it was in length. The sighting only lasted maybe 10 seconds, my back was to the craft and I didn't see it approaching. I did not see it until it was right above me. It disappeared very quickly and not by speed, almost as though someone turned out the lights. I was not able to visually track it like you can a normal aircraft on a crystal clear night. It took me a few minutes to process what I saw, My gut feeling is that this is military and not a alien craft, whatever the technology was that I saw, it has definitely not been made public. Tinker AF base is fairly close and the flight path was similar to other craft I have seen in the past

edit on 13-6-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

did it have a dividing line ? the lights on this one were not

and as for your lights does this affect seem familiar(in a different color)

light

these are underwater but have the same effect in the air.

i have seen a small black triangle but the lights were white/blue and were of an unforgettable characteristic, emanating from the material more than a point source

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I saw something like that several years ago- sharp rectangular thing, gliding silently, and it was huge. It was late at night.

I was told it was some sort of 'ice cloud'. *That* much ice would not be floating slowly and silently through the sky.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A "UFO" doesn't mean "alien" as you believe and stated... but as the term defines itself as "some-THING (unknown or identifiable)... flying.

UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT or Thing. Balloons, leafs, birds or crafts.. Something not immediately unidentified.

You appear to state UFOs as "ALIENS" or... and 99% of the time, they aren't. Just sayin'...in fact you could've put it in the appropriate forum.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Given enough power, even a brick could fly.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

no, im just aware of what 'UFO' in most people's mind means and on ATS the forum is obviously meant for the alien type.

andy, good point but it just makes zero sense to have a rectangle aerial platform. if you can push any shape you wish why not a sphere or cube, much more usable area. obviously there is a reason but i cant find it
edit on 13-6-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

lol its more of the lawnmower type shape...im looking more for a domino shape.

video shows where there is a will there's a way

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Lol, I've been reading these forums since 9/11 happened (didn't sign up until later though)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PhageThat's cutting it a bit fine.
To Penroc3, it makes no difference what the overall shape is, it's the cross section that makes an object airworthy. Think wing shape longer on the top than the bottom. And no you can't make a brick fly. You can by throwing it but to fly you must have control to go up, down, left and right and all between.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

if you have enough power to weight anything will "fly" its not controlled but it is flying.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

They looked very similar to the glow of these light post.

This was on a cloudless and moonless night. You could see other aircraft lights as far you could see and it was very obvious that they were beacon lights. You couldn't see a bulb source on the ones I saw they were literarily glowing like the pic I posted and weren't real bright either. This thing passed a little to the right of me but close to being directly above me. I didn't see or hear it until it passed me. It looked like it was pixelated as in cloaked like the Predator character in the movie, that was my first impression anyways. It could've been just really dark black , IDK but I couldn't make out much of a definitive profile. What I could somewhat see was a faint kite shape though. It didn't make a audible sound that I could hear and it was very low. The lights were the strangest thing I thought. I only saw it for 8-10 seconds then nothing. Other sighting reports of similar craft, have described the exact same type of glowing lights I saw.

The guy that called me back from MUFON did say that there are companies at Tinker Air Force Base that deal with drones, which is what I told him I thought it was, although, it was very large for a drone. I lived fairly close to Tinker at the time.

<<   2 >>

join