It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Good News - World Peace is Upon Us

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

When I was young, I firmly believed mankind would evolve to understand the folly and cruelty of war. What I didn't understand was that war is big, big business. Those that manipulate wars and conflicts are not going to be the ones that lose life and limb in the battles, they are the ones that will profit. Wars are rarely started for the reasons stated ,there are ulterior profit driven motives that most of us will never know about.

Until the level of consciousness in mankind is elevated things will continue on the same trajectory, sadly.
edit on 14-6-2018 by pointessa because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I'll make it clear for you:

Us talking and being friends is WAY BETTER than making nuclear war threats back and forth.

Do you agree this is a huge step forward in terms of bringing Peace to the conflict?

Then perhaps that is what you should have said in the OP? It's almost as if you were being disingenuous.. making it seem like Trump's partial involvement in the SK / NK peacemaking attempts, somehow equates to him bringing about world peace.

Of course "being friends" is better. But keep in mind it was Trump that ratcheted up the threats towards NK. I think Trump's biggest involvement and aid to the process was sanctions and trying to work with China. I don't think our threats towards NK accomplished anything other than NK trying to move their nuclear program along even faster. Not a great result.

And I still think their nuclear test facilities collapsing was the main impetus towards NK suddenly having a "change of heart." Which is great of course.. I hope it leads towards NK and SK removing the wall, and NK citizens actually getting help in their current plight. But... we'll see, NK has reneged repeatedly.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I don't really think NK reneged per se the way they are constantly painted as doing.

We pretend we are the good guys and so any time they don't like our imposed conditions we say they are just itching for war.

In reality we are the superior power by far and we are oppressive towards them. We dictate all these demands and keep everyone in the peninsula living in fear of a major catastrophe if they don't play by our rules.

N Korea actually has a right to possess nuclear weapons just as much as we the US does, or Russia or the UK or China or France. We are hypocrites and we are mistreating them by double dealing and insulting their national pride.

N Korea is only buckling because of the pressure we applied to them, they still got the raw deal (being forced to give up their RIGHT to nuclear weapons) meanwhile we offer to do things that we should have already done if we truly believed in any of the principles we espouse. We never should have been over there threatening everyone with immanent war to begin with.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

One of my biggest weaknesses is that I'm very forgiving and am susceptible to wishful thinking.

I even have a problem with turning my hopes and wishfulness into a complete belief system.

But today I am accepting my flaws and moving forward to improve myself and be less gullible.

Thank you for expressing skepticism. I very much respect you for that. I need that. I need to pay more attention to it in order to temper my overly dramatic persona and tendency to believe in utter BS that makes me "feel good" only to set myself up for a crushing fall.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Well said Sir.

Humbleness takes thought and judgement of ones core beliefs.

What comes of that ... is what matters.

😎

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if they are puppets.

All that matters is that we are entering a more Peaceful tomorrow - today, right now.

The reason why I do not believe that is possible:

The current state of affairs is such that the Globalist Insiders work in this way - they lend money to countries to fund their wars and run up their debt sky high and collect on interest, and there is no higher expenditure than war.

Part of what maintains their power is that there is a need to borrow large sums of money. Without war most of that need would be gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join